Baardahs blog of randomness. Now goblins...

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Baardahs blog of randomness. Now goblins...

Post by Baardah »

I currently have a dwarf army, an ogre army and a VC army to finish and both a high elf and skaven army to start. So ive decided that if I am ever to get anything done I'll have to break things up abit to keep me motivated. So I'll paint one unit for each army before I can get back around and start over. This is my current WIP

*deleted boken links*

As always feedback and comments are most welcome
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Baardah
Former Council Member

Re: Baardahs blog of randomness. WIP thundertusk

Post by Baardah »

Here's some more random stuff
VC
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.

That item is a horse...
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

More ogres:

That item is a horse...
thunderbow
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves

Post by thunderbow »

A very cool skull motif on the vampire's wing, although your ogres look slightly better (or the quality of the picture makes them look so), especially the bloodied one.
"It is easy to stride The Right Path"
(Lao Tse)
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

There is something about the Ogres, their ethos and backstory, and the way you have painted them, that makes me long for the comforting feel of the charging handle of Ma Deuce to be in my hand again. In short, Ogres, and in particular YOUR Ogres, creep me out. You may take that as a compliment.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Tenaka
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Tenaka »

Great work as always Baardah and good to see some different armies on here. I think the bloodied Ogre is particularly good and makes me agree with Billthesurly......very macabre. Oh, and welcome back of course!
Yuri
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Yuri »

Baardah wrote:Image
And they say its perfectly safe to use deospray. :ninja:
Yuri's little corner
Møøse trained by Yute Hermsgervørdenbrøtbørda
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Thanks guys. The vampire and thunder tusk are iPhone shots, while the butcher and the ogre bulls are taken with a canon EOS in a light box.

So there should be some difference. Also those pics are of finished models while the iPhone shots are WIP's

Most likely to be finished next is the thundertusk, then a unit of VC skelletons or a unit of Ironguts.

That item is a horse...
thunderbow
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves

Post by thunderbow »

Yuri wrote:
Baardah wrote:Image
And they say its perfectly safe to use deospray. :ninja:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!
...or is it Death-o-spray :p ?
@Baardah, can't wait to see them finished!
"It is easy to stride The Right Path"
(Lao Tse)
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves, Dwarves and Skaven

Post by ThaneWill »

I currently have a dwarf army, an ogre army and a VC army to finish and both a high elf and skaven army to start. So ive decided that if I am ever to get anything done I'll have to break things up abit to keep me motivated. So I'll paint one unit for each army before I can get back around and start over. This is my current WIP
:thumbsup:

Nice work on the ogres, I love your work ^^
' Wood elves are not treehugging hippies!!!"

darkened fantasy, WHFB forum

Aka: (chaos) ThaneWill and Willqueek (for all members of other forums)
Baardah
Former Council Member

Re: Baardahs blog of randomness. Now goblins....

Post by Baardah »

Soooo. I started goblins. Here is some shots. Started with lots and lots of night goblins... And a giant that I got cheap off of eBay. ( abit broken, but I think I managed to fix it...)

Pics coming up

That item is a horse...
Baardah
Former Council Member

Re: Baardahs blog of randomness. Now goblins...

Post by Baardah »

Goblins and giant
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361004019.874157.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361004065.654073.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361004082.088991.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361004093.683103.jpg
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361004043.767020.jpg

That item is a horse...
Tenaka
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Tenaka »

It's great to see more of your work Baardah. The actual photos are excellent and befit the malcontent Night Goblins which I think look superb - the addition of the squig and tree gives the unit a really dynamic quality but my favourite has to be the giant's Bad Moon tattoo - great work.
Bryony
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Bryony »

They're gorgeous :D

I have a special soft spot for goblins. They're just so troublesome. Animosity has to be the most fun rule ever :D

What are you going to expand to? A goblins and monsters only army? If so I highly recommend squigs and trolls!
My hobby blog: That Stupid Hat
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Thanks for nice comments. Atm im painting a Unit of 4 river trolls. They are such gorgeous models. Then I have another unit of 20 night goblins with hw/sh which ill use to make up the first few ranks of the bigger NG warrior unit if I wanna field them with Hw/sh. Or need another small bunker/ fanatic release platform.

Then I have 15 wolfriders

25 goblins with hw/bow and shield

A converted wolf chariot

15 squig herd (10/5)

5 squig hoppers

10 spider riders

Doom diver

2 chukkas

A rock lobba

And I have a plan to convert a rhinox ridden by a bunch of gnoblars as a pump wagon.

I also want to add an arachnorok and manglers, but they're hard for me to get as custom fees will make em very expensive

That item is a horse...
Bryony
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Bryony »

I love the river trolls! I really need to get some but never have the money when I remember I want them. Toy soldiers is such an expensive hobby. Too many people make nice models.

I would warn you against the mangler squig. Use an alternative model to represent it. The finecast has trouble supporting it's own weight because the squigs are so solid while the point of attachment to the base is so small. On even a slightly warm day that wouldn't normally affect finecast models they will begin to sag. You need to do some pretty serious work to them to get a pin in to support the legs because the legs aren't straight. It's such a pity because it's a radical model. I just don't want to have to keep it in the fridge.

The arachnarok is rad :D I have one I got on the cheap because it was just the spider, nothing else and I'm making a second from the Eureka Miniatures giant ant with some goblins and snotlings I had laying around. Once I have the ant built I can give you a size comparison if you're interested - the spider is quite bulky and the ant is a lot slimmer so I plan on basing the ant on a small hill so he looks dramatic and reaches the right height.

http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.ph ... ts_id=1956

Do you have the squig hopper that is riding backwards on his squig? That one is my favourite. It's so ridiculous, and mooning the enemy is priceless :D
My hobby blog: That Stupid Hat
Git
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven

Post by Git »

I suggest sculpting your own Mangler Squigs. I am about to finish my third one, and when I can do it anyone can. :)

Here's the first one I made:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/GI ... glers4.jpg

And the most recently finished one, a Christmas gift for a friend:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/GI ... lerBI1.jpg
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

@becarys: expensive, I hear yah... Especially when you live 700km away from nearest GW retailer and have to add customs/tax and shipping to every model I want.

I doo have that mooning backwards riding squig hopper. It's awsome. :)

Will be interesting to see that ant. I never even knew that existed...

@git: I have been thinking of sculpting or converting one. I have one idea with the rhinox I have spare which instead of a pump wagon crew could have a couple of fanatics attached to it...

Then there is an idea where I tie a couple of the new boars to a poor NG fanatic. Could that work?

That item is a horse...
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

3 first trolls of a unit of 4

That item is a horse...
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Now I´m doing one of my kit bashes/conversions for a pumpwagon. its a plastic rhinos with a howdah filled with gnoblars. Think that will work wth "snotlars" in the Goblin army army? After all they are a kind of greenskin right?

Now what i am wondering is this, would theconversion kinda fit the rules for a mangler swell? obviously id have to make two separate bases for it, but i think a rhinos, mean as they are, being propelled forward , or sideways, by the pain of a gnoblar hammering a nail into its behind, might explain the kindo of wild frenzied randomness of a mangler or....?

here is what i got

That item is a horse...
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Wouldn't the nobler die in the first charge or be thrown off by the rhino ? Unless you've already glued it then I think it's a great idea haha :paranoid:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Also I was ment to say I like the idea of the nobler driving the nails into to rhino to justify the random moment. I think for the mangler squig it could work but if you had two rhino and one was a squig and one was a snotling pump wagon in the same army it could be abit confusing for certain opponants.

Loving the trolls, so you doing a chaos army as well then :sexy:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Turin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Turin »

Rule Numer One : Gobbos are grreat - always ! :nod:

And I really like your River Trolls. A very intersting try to paint their Bases as swampy Areas ... well done !

The only thing that has me puzzled is the color of the teeth ... for me they are somehow interfering with the rest of the color composition. But fine nonetheless !

The Rhino is a nice idea - I'm tempted ... :D
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

@frogboy: if i use it as a mangler, there won't be a pumped rhinox wagon and vide versa. And NO I don't have any plans for a WoC army.... No! Don't temp me...I won't do it I say....(monster list is pretty cool though…I said NO!)

@turin: the teeth where actually a mistake. I was gonna wash them with sepia wash and dipped the brush in the purple without noticing...but when I saw the effect I kinda liked it. Though I agree it might be abit off....might reprint them, but ill prioritize finishing the fourth troll first.

About the bases, yeah, I like them, but I wish I had some water effects

That item is a horse...
The Forest Lord Daereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by The Forest Lord Daereth »

Nice conversion for the pump wagon, and funny story about the teeth. :D
Baardah wrote:@frogboy: if i use it as a mangler, there won't be a pumped rhinox wagon and vide versa. And NO I don't have any plans for a WoC army.... No! Don't temp me...I won't do it I say....(monster list is pretty cool though…I said NO!)
I'm a bit tempted myself. It looks cool, but I've managed to convince myself I couldn't transport all those monsters without a bigger figure case. :lol:
Always remember the first rule of military command: "They don't like it up 'em!"