Few random questions

Moderator: Council of Elders

Guardian of Farthing Wood
Newcomer
Newcomer

Few random questions

Post by Guardian of Farthing Wood »

Hi all,

Been re-reading my BRB for what feels like the 100th time and still finding new stuff out. e.g. just realised GR are not actually skirmishers as I have been playing them for about 6 games! Anyway came across a few question i'm looking for clarification on:

1) If a character joins a unit of WW and does not have their kindred do they receive the -2 to hit? I have read somewhere they do but can't find anything in the BRB that relates to this

2) Steadfast, if at the end of a combat a unit with 4 ranks is in combat by 2 units of 2 ranks is it steadfast? So do you count the ranks from one unit (the highest) or do you add them together?

3) can a characters characteristic be more than 10? so alter with sword of bloodshed with savage beast cast on it would have 11 attacks. is this allowed? I can't find anything saying it's not but for some reason i think it is

thanks
wildZguy09
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: wood elves, space marines

Re: Few random questions

Post by wildZguy09 »

1. Think that's right
2. Not sure but that's what I would presume
3. Cannot go above 10 its on the first page about rules (3 in the SRB)
Beastweaver + Tree man ancient = S9+T9+A9. Yay :)
Forestcrab
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Forestcrab »

1. The enemy has the "extra" -1 to hit against the unit, so as long as there is a unit of WW, the -1 stays.
2. You count from the unit with the highest number of ranks. (BRB p.60 "Steadfast")
Especially the second paragraph is important, as you can have some units in the losing side that are steadfast and some that are not.
3. The maximum for any charasteristic is 10 as said earlier.
But, exception to this rule are the random characteristics like 3d6 or 2d6+2 for example. (BRB FAQ)

-Forestcrab
Guardian of Farthing Wood
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Guardian of Farthing Wood »

Forestcrab/WildZguy thanks for the replies, still getting my head round the book and learning to look everywhere for answers, not just one section