Sentinels of Shadows: Unruly Alliance - Second Campaign!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Sentinels of Shadows: Unruly Alliance - Second Campaign!

Post by Beithir Seun »

The world has changed. The Storm of Chaos came and altered the face of the Empire forever. Five years later, the Fall of Middenheim and the Corruption of Carroburg left the north of the country further devastated, and at risk of seceding from the Empire as the Elves of the Laurelorn descended from the forest to wreak havoc amongst human and beast alike. The once-peaceful city of Marienburg was transformed into a new militaristic and independent country, ready to take advantage of the Empire’s weakness in the wake of almost a decade of war.

Now, war has come to the Old World once again. Karl Franz leads his armies against the great demonic portal in the ruins of Carroburg, while his staunch ally King Louen Leoncoeur of Bretonnia leads a campaign against the newly-founded and aggressive armies of the Free State of Marienburg.

But while King Louen’s back is turned, dark forces rise in his own kingdom. Continued unrest amongst the commoners has driven them to rebellion, and with the majority of the army away, righteous fervour is sweeping the countryside like wildfire drawing more and more of the country folk in. Guided by a shadowy individual known only as the Black Knight, the rebellion is gathering strength with each passing day.

To make matters worse, the peasant rebellion is not the only force that assails the land. Bands of savages, beasts, orcs and the like, are emerging from the forests and mountains under the loose leadership of the giant Arlukus the Mawsplitter. Accounts from the east report of mercenaries flooding through the mountain passes in great numbers, for what purpose no-one knows. Peasant tales tell of covens of sorcerers, with stories of great magical storms and terrible sounds emanating across the night sky.

Perhaps most ominous of all, however, are the stories of the Fey. They tell of the Fey once again leaving the forest, and the peasants talk of the Wild Hunt roaming the land once again, and warn each other to bolt their doors and hold their children close against what might emerge from the woods.

Against all this there stands a Knight and his men, charged with the defence of the realm. With the King engaged in the struggle against the Free State of Marienburg, the kingdom of Bretonnia is vulnerable and defended by only those garrisons left behind, scattered across the southern dukedoms. In the forces arrayed against them, the men of Bretonnia face the greatest threat to their country yet.

Asrai.org are proud to present their sequel campaign -
Sentinels of Shadows: Unruly Alliance

~ Battles rage and rebellion is ripe across the southern dukedoms of Bretonnia as dark forces assail the country. With the King away, will you take up your arms in defence of kin and country and join the Defenders of the Realm? Will you ride with the Wild Hunt as the Fey Legion emerge from the Forest of Loren to wreak havoc amongst the lands of men? Will you ally yourself the mysterious Council of Erevos as they enact their plan for the land of Bretonnia? Will you seek your fortune as a mercenary alongside the Brazen Talons? Or will you join the hordes of Arlukus the Mawsplitter in his rampage across the country? Whichever way you decide, you control the fate of Bretonnia as you choose to either support or oppose the Peasant Rebellion that threatens the very fabric of the land.

~ A brand new and unique map and movement system means there is more strategy and tactical movement than ever before!

~ With both faction and personal resources, players can act independently or as part of a unified team. Spend your spoils to aid your faction, bribe your enemies or achieve personal glory as you choose!

~ Create a unique campaign army through the new Army Doctrine upgrades system!

~ The introduction of Hobby Reports, as well as the ever-popular Fluff Reports, means you don't even have to play games to participate!

Faction Registration begins Monday 24th September!

~~~
Once again, Asrai.org are running an online campaign! You can find the campaign site by clicking on the link found on the Index page, so head on over and register (if you haven't already) and take part!

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves, Dwarves and Skaven

Re: Sentinels of Shadows: Unruly Alliance - Second Campaign!

Post by ThaneWill »

Ok first, please let me say...

OMGWTFBBQROFLXD (Oh my god, wut dafaq, barbaque, rolling on the floor laughing, XD)

But now, I'll have to keep myself serious again isn't it? Let's shoot some questions:
My first question would be, The Council of Erevos are the peasants uprising correct? And the Brazen Talons are the guys that were allied to The Cockatrice previous campaign?
My second question will be, Will the Wild Hunt actually be led by Olorin, because that would be sooooo awesome?
And my last question: Why do you make us wait another two-three (?) weeks? :( :P

Yay for campaigning, Cheerz, ThaneWill
' Wood elves are not treehugging hippies!!!"

darkened fantasy, WHFB forum

Aka: (chaos) ThaneWill and Willqueek (for all members of other forums)
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

ThaneWill wrote:My first question would be, The Council of Erevos are the peasants uprising correct?
You'll have to wait to find out exact details, but no the Council are not the peasants uprising - they're a completely separate faction, with their own goals. However, the peasant uprising does have a part to play in every faction.
And the Brazen Talons are the guys that were allied to The Cockatrice previous campaign?
Maybe....
My second question will be, Will the Wild Hunt actually be led by Olorin, because that would be sooooo awesome?
It's yet to be seen whether it's the actual Wild Hunt, or whether that's just peasant talk ;)
And my last question: Why do you make us wait another two-three (?) weeks? :( :P
Because we're mean like that! (And because we're not ready yet :P)
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

]
Beithir Seun wrote:
ThaneWill wrote:My first question would be, The Council of Erevos are the peasants uprising correct?
You'll have to wait to find out exact details, but no the Council are not the peasants uprising - they're a completely separate faction, with their own goals. However, the peasant uprising does have a part to play in every faction
So the peasants are not a faction on their own? Are they an NPC faction?
And the Brazen Talons are the guys that were allied to The Cockatrice previous campaign?
Maybe....
Well, Cockatrice (Bird-beast-thing) and Talon already says something. The reason I ask this is because I consider transferring my previous character and it would be ideal to be on the right faction again. Last campaign I (Well WE tbh) seemed to be close to knowing his secret, consider my nose in this case Beithir <.<
It's yet to be seen whether it's the actual Wild Hunt, or whether that's just peasant talk ;)
Interesting...
Because we're mean like that! (And because we're not ready yet :P)
[/quote]

Oki! I already thoughts so...

Another question: Do I already annoy you, or do I need to ask some more questions :P

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

You can ask as many questions as you like Will. I just don't promise to give you all the answers ;)
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

I think you'll have me wait for the bio's then... Just don't aspect your secrets to be secret for long... My personal goal will be to find all your secrets :P

Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Oh yeah! Campaign time! Yehaa!
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Git
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven

Post by Git »

I really want to join, but I don't dare. I am currently writing exam papers, and will probably be doing that for some time. If I join, even with the intention of just doing what's necessary, I know I will write more campaign related stuff than exam papers...

IF (notice the big letters...) I get the papers finished early I might join in at a later stage. Maybe I can use that as an incentive to work harder? :)

Anyways, good luck with the campaign!
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

Don't worry, I won't be PM'inh you all fun things... :p :nod:

Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Asrai, lizardmen, Bretonnia vampire Counts, Tau, Imperial guard

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Will I be allowed to take part?
For the Shadow King!
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

I have not been around when Narmo comitted his campaigning crimes. But he was a fair and contributing player during 'The Shadow Games', well actually he stole my dwarf king pet slave thing... :( but in a fair-playing way.
I personally, would give Narmo a chance. It's not up to me to decide that though, although I wish to put in my good word for him.
(Erhem, that means that if you, Narmo, do cheat, I and any other player that trusts you a little, will be very disappointed)

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Less than two weeks to go until registration opens, so to whet your appetites and get everyone in the mood, we've now released full details of the playable factions involved in the campaign!

You can read all about them in the Background page here

You may notice that there isn't a page available for the Peasant Rebellion. That's because the Rebellion will be an NPC Faction controlled by the GM Team throughout the campaign. Don't worry though, that doesn't mean you can't fight for (or against) the Rebellion, because it will still form a vital part of each faction's participation in the campaign.

Next up: Figureheads!
Findecano
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Empire, Orcs & Goblins, Witch Hunters, Necrons

Post by Findecano »

Awesomeness, I love the pre-campaign build up, all the scheming and planning out different characters...

I'm thinking I might raise the mighty Waaagh! Gronk to despoil Bretonnia
MyNameDidntFit wrote:I actually play Wood Elves because I saw this forum with threads like this and thought to myself "I could go for a bit of patting myself on the back for being awesome, I should start Wood Elves so I can join in" ;)
"Aiya Eärendil Elenion Ancalima!"
alexwellace
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by alexwellace »

The council sounds intriguing, and have erked my interest. I have been waiting for this campaign eagerly for a while, and now its almost here its like my birthday and christmas all rolled into one!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Monday morning, and faction registration is now open! Head over to the forum and sign up!

http://sentinels-campaigns.net/forum/index.php
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Dammit! The registration is open and still only three of the noble elves of Athel Loren have heeded the call to war!

Anger rise, war calls! How will you answer? :D
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
rufus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by rufus »

Can anyone give me a short walkthrough on how the campaign does work? I saw the old map, background, factions and so on, but what are the "rules" the "mechanics" to organise a campaign over different countries and places? How can you participate (meaning interact) exactly? Do you fight "campaign battles" with special rules in your local club and post results? ...

Rufus
Army - Battles - Concepts
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

I'll do my best to try and explain how things work for you Rufus :)

At the simplest level, players join a faction and interact with their faction comrades in private faction forums (like here, but where only your own faction can see).

Each player gets one "report" that they can submit each turn to contribute to the fight. You don't need to play any special campaign battles, and none of your opponents need to be part of the campaign. All you do is play your normal games of Warhammer, Mordheim, Skirmish, Blood Bowl etc. and use the result (Win, Loss, Draw) in your report. If you don't get chance to play a game in the turn, you can instead submit a fluff report (basically, a short 500-1000 word story about your campaign character) or a hobby report (where you paint a figure, or a unit, or make a scenery piece or whatever during the course of the turn).

That's the very basics that you need to take part, but there's more depth in the mechanics (which we'll be posting over the next day or so, hopefully). There's a lot to take in at first, but take a read through of the mechanics (when they're posted), and if you have questions there are plenty of people (including us GMs!) who will be on hand to answer and help you out. We've already got a lot of newcomers joining in, so you won't be on your own :)
rufus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by rufus »

Muchas Gracias!

So I'll just jump in and kick some Skaven tails...
Army - Battles - Concepts
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

Only cuz we are overthrowi... Mass-joining the Council of Erevos does not mean every other factions needs tone kicking our arses.... XD

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Finally, the campaign mechanics have now been posted!

Read up on them here
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

And Turn 1 has officially begun!

If you've not joined in with the campaign yet, head over to the forum, join a faction and get in on the action!