The Forests of Delsbruck Need you

Moderator: Council of Elders

Voltek
Newcomer
Newcomer

The Forests of Delsbruck Need you

Post by Voltek »

Hi I am here scourging, scouting or what have you for a Wood Elf Player to represent the Wood Elves in Game 9 of Castles, in case you have no idea what Castles is below is info on that matter.
The game is a small warhammer fan driven thing that has been going on for about 5 years we are here to get the word out a little more since we have had a lacking of Wood Elf representation in the past.

Thanks

The game is a Strategy game where Kingdoms fight to take control Of Delsbruck. Now the most interesting part of the game is that players design their own kingdom (write the story, create the units with a unit designer rule set) so its great for those who are creative or always wanted to play a race in Warhammer that had no book or has no book. The game of course isn't like Warhammer in that its closer to Axis and Allies and Risk as it is a territory grab game, Every territory is worth RP and RP buys troops, boats, special units, boats ect. Your Kingdom also gets to design 1 Special Character or as we call them 1 Hero which can be as strong as a Unit and have special actions like your special units. I have mentioned special units twice now and well I think I better explain what they are. Basically there is 5 Special units the first a Scout (which can steal from kingdoms and spy on there territories giving you exact troop counts, they also have lots of cool missions they can do like Assassination and Hinder Building) Mages are your spellcasters they can choose when you build your Mage Tower what lore to use from the following Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Death each lore has specific advantages and disadvantages but they give players even more choices that make their kingdom unique. The next thing are priests which can follow a different religion (there is several created ones but you can make your own too) His Religion allows him to cast prayers through Faith. Siege weapons which barrage the enemy before a fight, and flyers which can be used to fly across territories giving you the ability to attack the unguarded. Now this game is not just mindless war there is a great deal of political intrigue and exchange between Kingdoms, players can create public alliances to trade and gain profits and there is much Questing in a sort of Roleplaying Game Fashion.

All in All its a fun game that takes about 30 minutes to 90 minutes of actual involvement a week to post orders and talk to allies, if you want to join just register don't worry about reading the rules just yet they are lengthy, but alot of it pertains to Creating Units and Heroes which is done once than never looked at until next game., I am Voltek on the site pm me for help if you need it. after you register go to kingdom registration and register as a Kingdom or Hero, if you want to play. To Register the button will be top right middle thats to get a Username on the site. To literally Register as a Kingdom is here http://z6.invisionfree.com/Castles/inde ... st=0&#last

Thanks for reading and enjoy Castles, (or not if you think its lame lol )

Heres a link to the Map, as this site only allows small photos
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... game09.png

Delsbruck

Delsbruck lies in the Mountainous Region of Old World cut off from general contact. For much of its time this peaceful valley lie empty of civilized races, but about 300 Years ago was settled by a variety of races creating one united city Delsbruck under the strong guidance of a Human Emperor Magnus the Just his rule was great and Delsbruck quickly took strides in advancement of technology they would be one of the first Kingdoms to discover steam power and utilize it for airships in which they have created a large merchant fleet. Delsbruck supplies the Old World with its vast ores and excellent crop land all the while stays safe in its mountainous harbor. The next 4 Emperors would be a step down each generation until finally the greed driven Magnus the 5th had a group of peaceful tax protestors brutally murdered it was this moment the Revolution began led by Jamison Sweddle and Theodore Hoffman a group called the Delsbruck Republic gained favor like a wildfire and swiftly the Empire was replaced in favor of this New Republic, but on the cusp of their Revolution many other ideas were also being formed many parties and groups were being formed in this chaos and it would seem that the Republic would have to deal with the same protests that they once were the ones creating. Delsbruck current state of affairs are as fluid as a raging river no one knows what lies next.

In this Chaos the Magna Wings Trading Company Long seeking rights to a road building contract have struck a bargain with the new republic and have now finished construction of the Great Delsbruck Skyway a road that travels over 100 miles through the mountains wide enough for great armies to march upon, it is with this road Kings, Heroes, Mercenaries, Tribes, and peoples alike come to the valley of Delsbruck to make a home for themselves there is much land in the valley that lie peacefully untouched by the people of Delsbruck and are ripe for the taking. Come Kingdoms to Delsbruck and make your Claim.

Welcome to the 9th installment of Castles.