Some pictures of my wood elf army. Pic Heavy.

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Some pictures of my wood elf army. Pic Heavy.

Post by Alvslarver »

dusk1983 wrote:Great army!

Where did you get the BSB from? Ive seen this model around but he's different from the one available on the GW website Is he a classic model that's NLA? I only ask because I much prefer this BSB to the one available online.

Sorry for not responding earlier. The BSB model is from the WE army box. I think it was a limited edition. :(
Yuri
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Yuri »

I like the markings on armor of steeds, you know on their legs. :thumbsup:
Yuri's little corner
Møøse trained by Yute Hermsgervørdenbrøtbørda
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

Simply stunning! 10 thumbs up ;) !!!
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
SquidBoy
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by SquidBoy »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
beautiful stuff! I absolutely love the spellweavers, the one on foot and the one on the owl. True paintingskills right there.

From a gaiming point of view a spellweaver mounted on a great eagle might not be the best option, kind of a sitting duck.. I often play vs empire gunlines. No chance in hell that model would survive turn one :lol:
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

Yeah I know. I've actually never played with the Spellweaver mounted on a great eagle. I usually use the Great owl model as a ordinary Great eagle.
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Shandrakor »

Alvslarver wrote:Yeah I know. I've actually never played with the Spellweaver mounted on a great eagle. I usually use the Great owl model as a ordinary Great eagle.
Speaking of, out of curiosity, where's that model from anyways? (Both rider and Owl)

Your army is really impressive too. Looks quite cohesive and like you spent a lot of time on it. :)
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
thunderbow
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves

Post by thunderbow »

The model is from Coolminiornot. By the way, this is really a jewel of an army here. Stunning. Few words are left to describe it, and I can't think of any. :nod:
"It is easy to stride The Right Path"
(Lao Tse)
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

Thanks alot everyone! I've spent loads of time on this army and I'm not nearly done! :) Wood elves is by far the most rewarding army I've painted.
Syphilis
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Syphilis »

Mate! That is a really awesome army. I know I am 3 years too late but what colours do you use? I am sort of converting some of my autumn themed army (I've only painted 5) to a Modryn army. Your colour scheme would be perfect!
Rab
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Rab »

very nice work, I like the shapeshifter idea...nothing wrong with having count as models if they are done as well as this!

Its nice to see an army shot as well, we don't get enough of those around here :)

Rab.
my wood elf army pblog
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

Thanks alot for the comments! I use brown colours with very much variations. I don't know the new names for the colours but I use schorched brown as base, bestial, snakebite, dark flesh. For the green part I use Catachan green. Then for the highlights i mixed the original colour with either bleached bone, some sort of light grey, skull white or bubonic brown in several thin layers. The wood part is mostly scorhed brown mixed with graveyard earth then highlighted wih graveyard earth and then graveyard earth with either bleached bone or skull white in several layers. It's hard to explain.

Actually I've painted some new models and will probably post them in a near future.
Syphilis
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Syphilis »

Please do!