Mighty Empires .jpg

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Nuada
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Dwarfs, Goblins and Orcs

Mighty Empires .jpg

Post by Nuada »

So I found some good maps of the Warhammer world online and I have converted a couple of them into grids so that they could (in theory) be used for campaigns, specifically with Mighty Empires. Although I am pretty sure most of them are way too small for the current special Mighty Empires building pieces, so you would have to find a proper replacement for those (cities, mines, forts, and some others).

But I would love to get some feed back on them. Specifically if you think the "territories" are too big, or too small. How the colors are working, stuff like that. For printing purposes you would need to print these as big as possible, I would recommend Tabloid Extra (18" x 24" I believe). I have not printed these yet, but I can get them printed at my school for free if I ever get some free time to go in before the summer is over. I would also recommend cutting them out and then spray mounting them to some foam board (1/4" should be fine) and then cropping that foam board so it is flush with the map. That way it will be fairly stable. You could also try adding another piece of foam board underneath it as that material has a tendency to warp over time and might make setting pieces difficult.

So, once again, what do you think?:

P.S. I can already tell that the Olde World Map is difficult to read, particularly in the mountainous areas.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa27 ... rldMap.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa27 ... -World.jpg
Nuada
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Dwarfs, Goblins and Orcs

Re: Mighty Empires .jpg

Post by Nuada »

I also didn't realize how badly Photobucket compressed files. If you want higher res ones contact me in a message.