Pic of the Great Stag model.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

It is no stag, no moose, no wapiti not even a reindeer. It is a spawn of hell...

I want no sissy stag/elk. I want what we in Europe call elk and you in the states call Moose. A big bad 1 ton bad tempered moose that did not get laid during the season. I will try my hand on that, I will. Just give me the crapy model first so I have something to modify...
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
TASyellowX
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by TASyellowX »

Chronicles 2006 WE Errata:

"If any units in an opponents are colored red, Great Stag gains frenzy when in LOS of said units..."
carmachu
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by carmachu »

It looks like the chaos dwarves Great Tarus with more horns and no wings.
Surrender? What, do you think this A on my forehead stands for France?- Captain America
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Highborn Sycath »

i seriously, do not see how this looks anything like the taurus model. the really only thing thats similar is the pose and the fact they have hooves
any way, just for the heck of it, i changed the head position and horns in paint, and was wondering if yall though it looked any better, plus this gets away from people saying it looks exactly like the great taurus model, which it doesntImage

now he has 16 antler horn thingies ^_^
http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Glade/
the lost glade, we're like... the bar you go to after work. We relax and have a bunch of contests and fun atmosphere, while still being a touch serious
TerminusEst
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by TerminusEst »

I hope it's just a horrible dream, maybe if we complain enought GW will change it? :cry: I like the elk from Sons of Kronos though.
now he has 16 antler horn thingies
did you photoshop that? It looks slightly better.
LET ME TASTE YOUR FLESH

Vântu îl hrănea, apa-l îmbrăca, focu îl păzea, de pământ ferea.
The wind fed him, the water clothed him, the fire guarded him, the earth he guarded.
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Highborn Sycath »

ha me photoshop? nahh i dont have that kind of money.. just used a basic photoediting program
http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Glade/
the lost glade, we're like... the bar you go to after work. We relax and have a bunch of contests and fun atmosphere, while still being a touch serious
Maedhros
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Maedhros »

Chaos just got a demonic mount. This thing is so un-elven it's scary.

Reaper Minis, this is your chance for some big bucks!
Foxtale
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Foxtale »

TASyellowX wrote:Chronicles 2006 WE Errata:

"If any units in an opponents are colored red, Great Stag gains frenzy when in LOS of said units..."
Hahaha, that's great.

I'm sorry warmaster, I don't think there's anything to do to save it.
Mal: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne: Yes
Mal: Well... you... can't.

Links
My Painting Diary
My Deviant Art
Upyr
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: None. But hopefully soon: Tomb Kings / Necron.

Post by Upyr »

How bout this for a hint why it looks like a Taurus: Both of them look bull-ish.

Come to think of it I think its the Taurus that made me say "Bull" in the first place. Because it was similar to this one. It was some time since I saw it though, my friend has one in his closet.

I like the neck a lot better on your airbrushed model. And the head looks more slender. Now go sculpt it! ;)

ps. The errata-comment was just brilliant! It made my night :)
"There is no shame in defeat as long as the spirit remains unconquered"
/Praetor Fenix

Dogs of War forum, come join us!
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Inquisition_De_Cobre
Evermarked
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Evermarked »

I'm with TerminusEst, i would actually consider petitioning against this model being released, it's THAT bad. It puts a blot on an otherwise outstanding miniature range, and what's worse, they actually made us wait even longer to see it.
NightMoor
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by NightMoor »

Wow. That is the worst thing I have ever seen. What the hell does that have to do with a Wood Elf army?

I was expecting a graceful, noble animal and instead we got some kind of four-legged Minotaur from the Beastman list. What the hell.
Foxtale
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Foxtale »

Evermarked wrote:I'm with TerminusEst, i would actually consider petitioning against this model being released, it's THAT bad. It puts a blot on an otherwise outstanding miniature range, and what's worse, they actually made us wait even longer to see it.
Hopefully it wasn't released because it sucks so much and they had to remodel it.

Links
My Painting Diary
My Deviant Art
hiddenEvil
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by hiddenEvil »

as soon as I saw it I grabed a spare horse and began converting because this is really CRAP!

I was expecting something awesome like the concept art shows

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/ ... tArt29.jpg
I am the EVIL ONE the Daemon Child!
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

I think it is its snarling broad and stubby snout that really is the death blow to it. It is not a cervid snout. They do not wrinkle their snout and grin fiendishly. A angered cervid, be it deer or moose/elk, humpfs and will lower their head towards their target, kicking up dirt with their hooves as a threat of imidiate charge.

They do not rear up like a horse. I have yet to see a moose or roe deer rear up like a horse! That also messes it up, it should not rear up as if trying to kick with its front legs, a female might, but a bull elk would charge using his antlers. Therefore a lowered head and four hooves on the ground.

Yes, if we could try and make a unified response too GW, I am in. I could contribute my expertice as a moose/elk hunter. Lets try and do this. If we put the site behind it and write a good letter with that argues well and also suggest how things could be made better, they might at least take note.
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
TASyellowX
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by TASyellowX »

Jokes aside, you can go ahead and count me in on an advanced order for the rider bitz...

It is about 10x more elfy than the Chaos Lord we currently have to put up with.
Yak
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Yak »

It's really only the head I dislike. The rest of ythe model is quite good, but I'd need to remake the head to make it actually look like a stag.
Yak's 1st Law: Take an eagle if you have a free rare slot
Yak's 2nd Law: There are 4 reasons to take a highborn
Yak's 3rd Law: If you have a treeman and a free Lord slot, make it an Ancient
Foxtale
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Foxtale »

So... petition?
I'll sign it:
Shannon Kelly
foxtale[at]mail[dot]com

Links
My Painting Diary
My Deviant Art
Upyr
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: None. But hopefully soon: Tomb Kings / Necron.

Post by Upyr »

I strongly doubt they would change anything for the sake of a few gamers names signed up on a mail. Heck there are even people out there who likes it :blink:

Having a peitition is nice in theory, but in practice they wont take notice since the model is already done. A petition could be started for the next edition of Great Stag however B)

But, come to think of it.. We could round up people from a lot of the other forums as well, they are bound to agree with us!

Well I´ll sign just to show how much I dislike it:

Erik Olsson
sir_ozzie[at]hotmail[dot]com

ps. Just to make it into a somewhat semi-viable option for them, the idea could be hinted that it could be a Special Charachter riding a Stag. (rules would be presented on their homepage as with the rest of ´em)
"There is no shame in defeat as long as the spirit remains unconquered"
/Praetor Fenix

Dogs of War forum, come join us!
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Inquisition_De_Cobre
crimsonsphinx
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by crimsonsphinx »

That model is seriously rubbish. I was hoping/expecting for a reindeer/moose kinda look, not a halfbreed beastman on steroids.

On second thoughts i need a new chaos daemon steed for my lord who often has beastmen in his army. Would look mighty characterful in thier list, just not the wood elf one.

The neck is ewww, and the horns arnt big enough. Dont like the angry pose either, would have prefered a magestic stationary stance, or something in the way of archeons.

Perhaps someone who can use greenstuff can show me how to make my own from other models?
Aekiran
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Aekiran »

Wow, that's really ugly. Personally I think the whole model is too small, too bulky, with patethic antlers that looks like they are in a very awkvard angle. And the head is all messed up too.

Does anyone know what the blade-like thing above the bull's head is?
" Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu
Yak
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Yak »

You could do a stag/orion combo to get a centaur type wild rider noble/highborn on a stag. that could look cool, and gets around the wierd head...
Yak's 1st Law: Take an eagle if you have a free rare slot
Yak's 2nd Law: There are 4 reasons to take a highborn
Yak's 3rd Law: If you have a treeman and a free Lord slot, make it an Ancient
Greven
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Greven »

It looks like a Great Taurus, bloody awful!
Kolk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Kolk »

It is a reindeer.... on steroids!!!

What happened to the magestic grace and power that was supposed to be a wood elf great stag... even the rider model looks so-so. What a lame headress too.

It looks like they took the high elves and beastmen and just mushed them together to make a model. A freakish elven centaur.
exploid
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by exploid »

Wins/Draws/Loses:
-2000- -1000- -500-
2/0/1 - 7/1/4 - 7/0/1
Shinobi
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Shinobi »

Seriously tought, how can they do this :P The concepts looked so good, but this thing...zomg!