Some pictures of my wood elf army. Pic Heavy.

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Some pictures of my wood elf army. Pic Heavy.

Post by Alvslarver »

Hello! I just wanted to post some pics of my Wood Elves. This is the first time I ever post pictures on a forum so I hope I get it right. These photos are mostly characters and big stuff like Treewoman and Treekins. Haven't got around to take pictures of the rest of the army but hopefully I'll get round to it.
Here goes!

ImageImage

Spellweaver.

ImageImage

Eternal guard Highborn/Noble

ImageImage

Wardancer Highborn/Noble

ImageImage

Scout Highborn/Noble

ImageImage

Alter Highborn/Noble

ImageImage

Battle standard bearer

ImageImage

Branchwraith

ImageImage

Highborn/Noble on Great Eagle
overtninja
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: just wood elves :p

Re: Some pictures of my wood elf army. Pic Heavy.

Post by overtninja »

these are incredibly well-painted, well-based models. obviously not GW, since they don't look hurfadurf, but very impressive. i especially like your shapeshifter treekin. :D
Joelatron
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Joelatron »

Really like what you have done-especially with the Treekin.

Obviously most of your models presented are not from GW...What range are the elven models from? I'm going to have to investigate them...
CAKE OR DEATH?

Visit my blog! www.thebrushofdoom.blogspot.com Lots of battle reports and stuff...with pictures!
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

Thanks for the kind words.

The elven models are from several different ranges. The Spellweaver is Studio McVey, Branchwraith and the Eternal guard highborn are from reaper miniatures. Wardancer, Alter and the warhawks are from gamezone miniatures. Scout highborn is Rackham. The Highborn on Great Eagle is a Cool mini or not miniature.
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

Extremely beautiful models. I love those characters holding birds of prey. I was thinking of buying that lord holding an eagle/falcon.
Again fantastic. Definitely looking forward to more pics of this army. Hope to see some rank and file soon. :)
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
ivrg
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Plays Eldar, CSM and WE at the moment.

Post by ivrg »

Looks great. What kind of models are they, ie manufacturers.
Treed
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Treed »

Great looking army. Would love to get ahold of the models you used for your spellweaver and eternal guard. I recognize some of the others.

The alter is a Gamezone Silvanus model if I see right. Branchwraith is a reaper? Highborn on Eagle is a CMON Limited Edition.
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

Treed wrote:Great looking army. Would love to get ahold of the models you used for your spellweaver and eternal guard. I recognize some of the others.

The alter is a Gamezone Silvanus model if I see right. Branchwraith is a reaper? Highborn on Eagle is a CMON Limited Edition.
Thanks! :)

The Spelweaver is from "Studio McVey" And the eternal guard highborn is a Reaper miniature. They are indeed beautiful miniatures, I've been searching for them all for several months, maybe a year.
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

ivrg wrote:Looks great. What kind of models are they, ie manufacturers.
Alvslarver wrote:The elven models are from several different ranges. The Spellweaver is Studio McVey, Branchwraith and the Eternal guard highborn are from reaper miniatures. Wardancer, Alter and the warhawks are from gamezone miniatures. Scout highborn is Rackham. The Highborn on Great Eagle is a Cool mini or not miniature.
The Treewoman is from Ultraforge. And the shapeshifters/treekins are mainly from a spanish skirmish game called "Spherewars". I've converted the moraine man (don't know if that's the correct translation) to evil sprite of the forest. I did the wings from green stuff. One of the Shapeshifters is from Studio McVey. He is called "Pan".
Treed
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Treed »

Sadly "AR-FIENEL" was a limited run that is now sold out. Awesome model.
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

Treed wrote:Sadly "AR-FIENEL" was a limited run that is now sold out. Awesome model.
:(
luagaia
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by luagaia »

Abolutely beautiful! :nod:
I´d say your work deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, no doubt about it!
More pictures please!!! :D
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

luagaia wrote:Abolutely beautiful! :nod:
I´d say your work deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, no doubt about it!
More pictures please!!! :D
Thanks alot! I'll try and take some pictures this weekend. So maybe on monday. :)
Agamemnon
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Agamemnon »

Beautiful, Alvslarver.
Plexi
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Chaos, Dwarves, Orc and Goblin, High Elf, Blood Angels

Post by Plexi »

Fantastic work. You do a wonderful job on your blending (the branchwraith comes to mind). I've been looking to pick up some of the models you have in there, especially the wardancer/ EG models, but the shipping costs are kinda steep.
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

My game groups blog site http://thestarforge.wordpress.com/
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

Thanks Plexi!
dusk1983
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Tyranids, Tau, Blood Angels and Wood Elves

Post by dusk1983 »

Great army!

Where did you get the BSB from? Ive seen this model around but he's different from the one available on the GW website Is he a classic model that's NLA? I only ask because I much prefer this BSB to the one available online.
...So if you're addressing me direct, just call me Lance or Dusk, no 1983 please.
Chaos dwarf tactica: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23535
Chaos dwarf plog: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23159
Eru-Andon'Fang
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Eru-Andon'Fang »

Love your BSB and the eagle.
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

Interesting. The model you use as an Eternal Guard Highborn/Noble is the same as I use for an Alter Noble. But I've replaced his spear for a big ass bow and glued a shield on his back. It's a wonderful model, and I'm glad I managed to get one before the site (company) died.

~ Naggie
moose
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by moose »

not to put a damper on this, but treekin ain't shape shifters, the are just animated wood. The dryads are shape shifters, other than that nice paint job. I hate that treewomen moodel tho it just doesnt fit with warhammer style at all.
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

moose wrote:not to put a damper on this, but treekin ain't shape shifters, the are just animated wood. The dryads are shape shifters, other than that nice paint job. I hate that treewomen moodel tho it just doesnt fit with warhammer style at all.
Not exactly what i call constructive criticism... I'm all for different opinions and freedom of speech, but you doo only put a "damper on this" with such a statement.
Now I don't mean to offend you in anyway, I just think people in general should refrain from saying negative things about other people's work UNLESS they at the same time comes with real suggestions or constructive criticism.

I do agree with you on one thing and that is that I don't think the tree woman fits the war hammer style of miniatures, however I still think it's an extremely well made model and in this case a superbly painted specimen.

Anyway I am still looking forward to seeing more of this army. As I think it really is unique and lovley
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Siegfried
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Bretonnia.

Post by Siegfried »

Compliments to the painter and compliments for the choice of other range models. I own half of them and was aware of the rest except for the Spellweaver of which I'm thinking of buying.

Well done. :)

p.s. The Treewoman rules and is one of the most beautiful models ever. On top of that she beats any Treemanish model out there easily. Just my opinion.
My Art Blog: Valleys of Eternity
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Shandrakor »

Man, I really like that Spellweaver model. Never seen it before this post and a splendid paint job you did for it too. It's too bad it's no longer in production or I'd probably order one myself.

As for the rest of the models, I can tell you're an extremely talented painter / modeler with these, but the only models that really stuck out to me were the Spellweaver and the Great Eagle riding character. Maybe it's because of the neutral color schemes or because I've seen some of the other models before. Or maybe it's just my personal taste. Whatever it is, nice job!
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Alvslarver
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Alvslarver »

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Well almost everybody! :) About posting new pictures, all I really can say is that they are coming. My friend whom I borrowed the camera from totally forgot sending them to me. I've reminding him twice but nothing.