Powerclaw Proceeds to his Pupit

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

powerclaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Warriors of Chaos, Wood Elves, Eldar, Space Marines

Powerclaw Proceeds to his Pupit

Post by powerclaw »

Hey there Asrai forum dwellers. I just read the sticky that Naggie put up and was inspired to introduce myself.

My real name is Valya, which is Russian. Powerclaw was my gamer tag for Dawn of War 1 (great online gaming with the Mercury Guard guild) and has been my internet name for everything Warhammer ever since. I've been playing WFB for 11 years now and since I'm 21 this January thats more then half my life! Exciting. I'm also on Librarium Online, DakkaDakka, Hall of the Everchosen and Bartertown with the same tag.

I started with an Empire army from the starter box two editions ago and never looked back. Wood elves were an impulsive buy after my OK army got boring. They're a deep-woods theme with dark brown, dark green, and real bits of wood and loam glued to the bases. I've only painted like 25 models though. My favourite model is the Waywatcher Noble which actually made it to the second round of judging at a Games Day 3 years ago. I've been neglecting this army since I went to University (of Waterloo for Chemical Engineering) and my local gaming store in Aurora, Ontario, Canada was closed down.

Now there is almost no one to play WFB against. The nearest store is 30min drive away in Markham (Heroes World) and is mostly 40K oriented. There is however a great Fantasy community in Waterloo so I plan on bringing two armies to University when I go back in January.

I'm mostly here to stoke my WFB flame at work and to inspire myself to keep painting despite the drought in playing that will no doubt last the full 4 months I am here.

Nice to meet you all. :cool:

*Powerclaw prances peevishly away, providing a proper view of his posterior*
Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
Calindor
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Powerclaw Proceeds to his Pupit

Post by Calindor »

Welcome here :) Would be nice to see your elves if you had any picturs to show?
Herald
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Herald »

Wishing you a slightly delayed welcome to the forest, Powerclaw. And to underline what calindor says, posting pictures of your minis is a great way to keep up the inspiration when you lack someone in flesh and blood to share it with. And even then. Plus, we'd really like to see them! :)
Katastrophy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Katastrophy »

Hey, Powerclaw, where did you say you're living right now? I think I'm actually right in your area, in Stouffville. Unfortunately, my local game store closed down too, and the closest GW I know of is near my bf's work, in Vaughn, but it's nice to know there's some people in the area who play.
powerclaw
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by powerclaw »

Yeah Katastrophy, thats pretty close. I know there are a lot of people scattered around here who play but the organisation seems to be lacking. I'll try and get some pictures up soon but I usually post from work and they block pictures. I also have no way of lighting stuff properly. My theme is pretty basic and I wanted to make the army look as natural as possible. I'm even avoiding the flying Spellsinger models even though they are such nich sculpts.

Thanks for the welcome guys!
powerclaw
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by powerclaw »