This is my Tree Spirit Army

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

HannahFKW
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Warhammer 40K - Wood Elves

This is my Tree Spirit Army

Post by HannahFKW »

Here are my models that I'm working on at the moment, for a tree spirit army, so something a little bit different from your normal Wood Elf Army! I hope you like them, and any feedback is welcome!
Hee hee hee, my boyfriend (my very own personal slave) at work, he’s currently working on an ogre army which he has just started as well, but unlike me he has been war gaming for a while! And this is not his first army! :p
And then this is my spellsinger that I have converted from a dark elf spellsinger! It’s my first conversion using greenstuff, so I would love to know what you all think!
My wonderful Dryads! Many many many! (Sorry didn’t get any good pictures of them, but maybe some soon, when I have a few more done!
Also 1 of hopefully 4 treekin!
Drycha!
Spellsinger!
My Treeman, he isn't quite finished yet, but I thought you might enjoy looking at how far I have got with him so far... He has been converted slightly, with the addition of an owl, a crow and a couple of spare's from my dryad kits!
These are some conversions that me and my boyfriend are working on at the moment, they're the old seeker's of slaanesh, and they're going to be my wild riders... I can't even begin to tell you how amazing these models are, they're have to be my favourite model's ever (especially as conversions) but I was planning on painting them in a similar colour palette to how Orion is in the Games Workshop book. (He is next on my 'To Buy List', because then my Wild Riders will then become core so I will be able to have quite a few instead on millions of dryads, however much I do love them!)
Please comment, as I would love to know what you all think of my first army!
Han!
Ihranil
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: This is my Tree Spirit Army

Post by Ihranil »

wow... this is simply amazing :eek:

well amazing and creative, kudo's to your (poor :P) boyfriend as well... must be very nice to work together on those :D

Please keep the pics coming, can't wait to see more
This forest is not just our home, it's our family, our life and our duty to protect and serve.
HannahFKW
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by HannahFKW »

Ha ha ha yeah! He doesn't mind that much, he helps me a lot with sculpting as I haven't really done much, but I am slowly gaining a bit more confidence with it, the spellsinger is my first conversion and green stuff all on my own so far... I am also working on some tree's, which me and my boyfriend have been sculpting mushrooms on for the Fungus Forest from the New Gamesworkshop rule book!
Some more photo's will hopefully be coming up soon, most probably when I recieve the other 12 seekers of slaanesh :)

Thank you for your lovely comments as well!
Han :)
snowywlf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Lizardmen, Wood Elves

Post by snowywlf »

I love your dryads! It actually *feels* like a forest marching against the enemy. They even form a canopy when they are all together! That is my one complaint about the dryads in general, they dont really give me a 'tree' feel. More like a walking pile of sharp sticks. Your dryads capture 'tree' however. Kudos!
HannahFKW
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by HannahFKW »

Ah thanks for that! I feel the same about the models as well, that they do look like walking sticks, so I did try and make them look a little more tree like. I think I'm going to give the clump foliage a light drybrushing to add a bit of depth to them as well! :thumbsup:
I think in total, that once they're all made I will have about 40! :eek: (two unit's of 20!) But I am allready finding them a pain having to put them all together and then paint them all :confused:
SOOO MUCH DRYBRUSHING!!!
Calindor
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Calindor »

Really nice army. Shall be intersting to find out how you will paint the "dark elf" sorcerer
HannahFKW
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by HannahFKW »

Ok then guys (and girls of course) here is one of my daemonette rider's that I have converted (with the help of my boyfriend) into a Wild Rider, she isn't finished in the picture, but I still hope you like her... There is a lot of detail missing, but some more photo's will be coming soon as I have since finished her!

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac78 ... CF3758.jpg

Since taking this photo, she has since been black lined, touched up here and there, and given more detail, particularly in in her ribs which I have defined a bit more :)
I was thinking about giving her some tattoo's seeing as one of their special's is talismanic tattoo's, but I'm not really sure what colour I was kind of thinking a brown, but dark brown?

Please let me know what you all think of her though! I would love to hear your comments! :nod:

Han
Skarlock
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves, Grey Knights

Post by Skarlock »

I like the wild rider paint job/conversion :D
I would say that brown or black tattoos would work well for her, red may also look nice.

How is your hunt for seekers going? I have a Daemonette rider in my bitz box that I got as a bonus with my Daemonette/War Dancers. I am thinking about cutting her off of her mount and putting her on an eagle. I am willing to trade/sell the one I have if you are in a bind, I know that it is only one, but just let me know if you are interested :D I don't want to cut it up if someone can use it as is.

S
"Athel Loren shall not suffer the presence of Men, nor Orcs, nor Dwarfs, nor Beastmen. If a foe takes a single step upon such sacred soil, they shall not take another." Skarloc, Mist Walker of Athel Loren

My WE thread http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13389
Herald
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Herald »

You're very talented, miss HannaFKW. I particularly admire your sense for subtle colours (the spellsinger stands out in that respect).

The WR follow a different pattern, being very flamboyant and striking. Really looking forward to seeing more of that unit. :)
HannahFKW
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by HannahFKW »

Ah thanks :)
I haven't been painting for long, just a few months.
I thought I would make the wildriders quite flamboyant, but the bluey colour for the skin was inspired by silver birch tree's and, and I wanted her to stand out from the steed as well. I haven't started any of the other's from that unit, though I think I'll start all of the base coats today :) And then work from there on the detail and other layers...

Han :)