140pts Scroll caddie
158pts standard alter noble
129pts 5 glade riders, musician
148pts 5 wild riders of kurnous, standard
148pts 5 wild riders of kurnous, standard
148pts 5 wild riders of kurnous, wild hunter
=1000pts list

The list advances on both flanks. Caddie is hidden.
Glade riders shoot, screen and bait flee for the wild riders.
Wild riders hunt,flank
Alter hoda,hunts,flanks
Any thoughts? How about lamentation of despairs? War banner? 2 units of more wild riders+great eagle? Branchwraith+cluster instead of caddie?

I can also field the themed variation: noble dumps alter to get horse & spear, scroll caddie gets a horse as well.
andpin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: mobile 1000pts list

Post by andpin »

Hi!
Do you really need the wild hunter in the third unit? I would loose one of the WR units, put in a warbanner in one of them, and probably add to each one wildrider more. With the extra points I would buy me a great eagle.
The list is quite easy to bring down with shooting, though. Your heavy hitters don't sustain shooting very long, and you lack the protection of dryads.
It can be funny though (at least for you xD, not the opponent who has to catch you!)
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

I think you need some infantry. If I saw that army, I'd be choosing buildings for terrain and would be spending the rest of the time shooting and blowing the raspberry.

In general, I think two heroes is one too many in 1000 points. I'd go with a single mounted noble, WR kindred if you must. Use the daved points for an extra WR and the Warbanner in one unit, and I really think 2 is enough. If you must have all cavalry, then you don't really have any other options. I would always try to fit in one, and preferably two, units of10 GG.
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
supersonic
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by supersonic »

Do you really need the wild hunter in the third unit?
It's an extra attack, and it rounds the points nicely to 1000..
I would loose one of the WR units, put in a warbanner in one of them, and probably add to each one wildrider more.
I refrained from adding the warbanner because it can easily become lost points when delivered in such a glass cannon that is the wild rider.
This is also the reason I added 3 units of wild riders. Not putting all my eggs in one basket against enemy shooting/magic.

Here's the list you propose:

140pts Scroll caddie
158pts standard alter noble
199pts 6 wild riders of kurnous, standard, war banner
192pts 6 wild riders of kurnous, standard
50pts Great eagle
=979pts list
The list is quite easy to bring down with shooting, though.
Gunlines will be a problem I know.. I don't think WE can outshoot DE, Empire, skaven or dwarves anyway. My only hope is a well placed hoda and a 2nd round charge with all my forces, sacrificing the 2 GR.

Thanks for the input, it gets me thinking. Keep it coming :)
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Few units of any sort can stand a charge of 6 WR with the Warbanner if hit in the flank and unis of US 11 or less are often breaking automatically. That is one of my favorite unit configurations; use the other WR to occupy the front, ot beeter still force a charge against the GR and a counter-charge with the WR.

Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!

supersonic
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by supersonic »

ArchMagosAlchemys wrote:If you must have all cavalry, then you don't really have any other options. I would always try to fit in one, and preferably two, units of10 GG.
I suppose an all cav WE list is unfeasible then :/. Should it boil down to just another 2x8 dryads, 2x10 GG build?
In general, I think two heroes is one too many in 1000 points.
I don't think 2DD is enough against 1000pts magic lists though :/
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General

It isn't that much, but your WR have Magic Resistance and 1000 point WE armies tend to rely on AMD. (Kill the Mage!)

I use Noble with la, s, spear, HotH, HoDA on GE
2 x 12 GG
2 x 5 GR, mus
2 x 3 WHR
1 GE

It 1000 points and my opponent's mages do not live long, if I put my mind to it.

An all-cavalry army is cool and themed, but it has quite a few weaknesses. When you ask for advice, it's hard to change your army into a really effective force without also compromising the theme. I would not recommend 2 x 10 GG, 2 x 8 Dryads because it's nothing like what you started with.

My army above has 340 points spent on WHR and GEs. I suggest that you spend those points on a mount for your Noble and 2 units of WR, one with the Warbanner. You might even keep the rare GE.

Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!

supersonic
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by supersonic »

andpin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by andpin »

That's always the difficult thing, trying to stay in the theme and making the list competitive, sadly it's not always possible.

Why to drop a Wild Hunter? Because if you depend only on these three units for charges, if you want to charge a single character or a bigger unit with one champion in it, you will lose 3 attacks in the first round if you get dueled(the one from the horse also counts hehe), and five attacks in the second (in case the champion didn't die).
I only put champion in units where my heroe's would go. In WE I have found it only useful in the wardancers if you fit in a wardancer hero or a BSB (or eternal guard if you use them obviously...)

If you want it to be effective put in 2 GG and 2 Dryad units, if you want to keep the list this way, try at least to fit in one dryad unit, so you can use them for screening when deploying and in the first turn.
supersonic
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by supersonic »

Awesome advice, thanks for the replies :D