Introducing myself

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Introducing myself

Post by Mr.X »

Greetings people or should I say elves of asrai? :) My name is Toni and I am from Finland and I am 19 years old. My nickname here will be Mr.X(as you may see). It doesn't mean anything specific. I have used to use nickname "Xenon" in many forums but it was already in use so I just quikly came up with Mr.X. I am from Finland and I just craduated from senior high school and in next month I'll start my military service.

I have played warhammer now about 5 years. My main army has been Empire for long time but I have also Wood elf army which I am working on. I like wood elf army becouse models are very nice, you can create lots of different kind of list variations and playstyle is very different from other armies that I am used to play. Beside miniature hobby I like martial arts, listening and playing music.

I like your forums, they are nicely done and very "wood elvish" :P. Altough the names of forum sections are little bit confusing but thats maybe just becouse I am new here. But they are very nice. :thumbsup: It is clad to spend time in here.

If you want to ask anything feel free.
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Re: Introducing myself

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

Welcome to the Forest Mr. X.

There is still an Interrogation Form to be filled out. :D

There are many Finnish players on this site.

What's your favourite Empire model of all?
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Welcome to the site Mr.X!

What sort of Empire army do you collect?
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mr.X »

ArchMagosAlchemys wrote:Welcome to the Forest Mr. X.

There is still an Interrogation Form to be filled out. :D

There are many Finnish players on this site.

What's your favourite Empire model of all?
Yes I know there is a form. :P But can I fill it later? =)

Hmmm.. Favourite Empire model of all.. Those are hard questions :P Maybe 6ed. elector count on griffon(I have always liked it) or then 6ed. limited edition battlestandard from armydeal. But some 6ed. model. I like very much all of them.
Beithir Seun wrote:Welcome to the site Mr.X!

What sort of Empire army do you collect?
I have about 5k of Empire painted.. So I got lots of different kind of models. But basicly I have two Empire armies, Averland army and Hochsleben army. Hochsleben is one of the "cities" or fortresses or whatever in Averland. I found it from 6ed. armybook and figured colour scheme and painted. And now I am working on Averlanders.

But one picture tells more than thousand words, right? So take a look to my photobucket album if you wish. There is some of my models, some back from years and some newer.
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/Xe ... er/empire/
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

I'm a Witch Hunter; Interrogation is what I do :D

Nice models.
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mr.X »

Ok here it is. I managed to do it. :P

1. What is your name? - Toni
2. Why did you choose this nickname; what does it mean? - Doesn't mean anything, I am using nick "Xenon" in many forums but it was already in use so I figured this out
3. How old are you? - 19
4. Where in the world do you live? - Finland
5. What is your current occupation? - student
6. Would you consider yourself to be naive, artistic and impulsive, or more considerable, analytical and theorising? - last
7. What drew you to Wood Elves? - nice looking armybook and models and variable and still effective playstyle
8. Do you play any other Warhammer fantasy armies? - yes, empire and I have also Vampire Counts project
9. Do you have many friends whom you can play? - Yes I have. We have gaming group of our own and there is also some guys at the town who to play with
10. Have you bought any Wood Elf models yet? - Yes I almost have 2.250pts Just need to buy wild riders.
11. What type of army would you like? Speed? Shooting? Magic? Monsters? - Static. =P But with elves, speedy and reliable army.
12. Which of the Wood Elf models is your personal favourite? - "new" highborn with greatweapon model
14. What is your favourite unit in the Wood Elven army? - wardancers
15. What is your favourite unit in the entire range of Warhammer? - greatswords
16. There are many different seasons to paint Wood Elves in (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Have you decided on any, and if so, which? - I have late summer scheme.
17. On to the community questions. How did you hear about us? - I don't remember actually. It was loong time ago. But now I decided to register.
18. Have you noticed that we have two selectable site skins to choose from? - nope. =) This one is cool at least. :P
19. Have you seen our LEAF article database thingy? (link to the top right) - yes
20. Have you seen that we have a live and active IRC chatroom? (link to the top right) - I see
21. Have you had the time eyeball our Forum Rules & Guidelines yet? - nope, I am sorry. ^^ But I'll I just have been around in many forums and I think these rules are not much different from the others. =) But I'll
22. What do you think of the site so far? - :thumbsup:
23. Do you have any dark secrets to share? - Would it be secret if I'ld share with you? ;)
24. Did you notice there was no question #13? - nope :P
25: Is there something else we should know about you before we start to dissect your personal life? - My english grammar isn't best possible so be patient if I can't always type correctly. :)
Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mr.X »

ArchMagosAlchemys wrote:I
Nice models.
Thank you very much.
Craig
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k Armies, with the exception of Chaos Dwarfs, DoW and Squats.

Post by Craig »

Welcome Toni, to the Forests of Loren.
Mr.X wrote:5. What is your current occupation? - student
What are you studying?
Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mr.X »

Craig wrote:Welcome Toni, to the Forests of Loren.
Mr.X wrote:5. What is your current occupation? - student
What are you studying?
Well ATM I am not studying anything. I am starting my military service in next month but after that I'll start studying engineering. I hope I am going to be Building engineer or whatever. I don't know exactly how do you call it in English. But student sounds better than a bum so that is why I put it there. Bum could give a wrong image of me. :P So I am currently unemployed but this is just a one month perioid between my studies and military service. And now I am just enjoying summer until the mil. services starts.
Tuhis
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings

Post by Tuhis »

He-hey, it's Xenon!

Welcome to the forest!

And for the obligatory question... umm... "What is?" :ninja:
Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mr.X »

Tuhis wrote:He-hey, it's Xenon!

Welcome to the forest!

Yep, its me. =)

Thank you. I spotted your commission painted VC, they are very very nice. =) And your elves are nice too. I like them. :thumbsup:

So what is with that obligatory question? :D Is that some sort of riddle or is it just supposed to make me confused? :P
Craig
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k Armies, with the exception of Chaos Dwarfs, DoW and Squats.

Post by Craig »

Mr.X wrote:
Craig wrote:What are you studying?
Well ATM I am not studying anything. I am starting my military service in next month but after that I'll start studying engineering. I hope I am going to be Building engineer or whatever. I don't know exactly how do you call it in English. But student sounds better than a bum so that is why I put it there. Bum could give a wrong image of me. :P So I am currently unemployed but this is just a one month perioid between my studies and military service. And now I am just enjoying summer until the mil. services starts.
So not only are you a bum :p but a dog of the military as well :mad: grrr... Oh well, what can you do :roll:.

So are you joining the Egineer corps or you just a standard grunt?
Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mr.X »

Craig wrote:
Mr.X wrote:
Craig wrote:What are you studying?
So not only are you a bum :p but a dog of the military as well :mad: grrr... Oh well, what can you do :roll:.

So are you joining the Egineer corps or you just a standard grunt?
Hehheh.. =D

I was lucky becouse I was picked out to a near airplane base just about 20km from my home.. They take only 150 recruits at the time and I was chosen, yay. ^^ So I am most likely to be Military Police. Standing out there guarding airplane hangars in near military base and picking up drunken recruits from bar when it is time to go back to barracks after a day off. :P
Craig
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Craig »

Military Police eh? Well that sounds interesting, though I still think your a dog of the military :wink:.

So how long are you to be stationed there then?
Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mr.X »

Craig wrote:Military Police eh? Well that sounds interesting, though I still think your a dog of the military :wink:.

So how long are you to be stationed there then?
I am propably going to be there 9 or 12 months. But at least 9 months. That is minium time for military police. But I a hope I can get to a leader training so that would take 12 months for total. :)
Craig
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Craig »

Leader Training? So your gunning for and officers spot then?
Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mr.X »

Craig wrote:Leader Training? So your gunning for and officers spot then?
Yes.. But only 2 of 40 military policemen will get to a RUK from my location. RUK = reservi upseeri koulutus(in finnish) = reserve officer training(in english). But I am hoping to get there. It is very appriciated in labour market here. And it is almost only way to get a proper leader training.
Tuhis
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings

Post by Tuhis »

Mr.X wrote:
Tuhis wrote:He-hey, it's Xenon!

Welcome to the forest!

Yep, its me. =)

Thank you. I spotted your commission painted VC, they are very very nice. =) And your elves are nice too. I like them. :thumbsup:

So what is with that obligatory question? :D Is that some sort of riddle or is it just supposed to make me confused? :P
Thanks, your elves are really nice too.

You can just ignore the question. ;)
Craig
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Craig »

Mr.X wrote:
Yes.. But only 2 of 40 military policemen will get to a RUK from my location. RUK = reservi upseeri koulutus(in finnish) = reserve officer training(in english). But I am hoping to get there. It is very appriciated in labour market here. And it is almost only way to get a proper leader training.
Do you fancy your chances of making it then? Are you disciplined enough to lead by example, to be a pilliar of the community, of the army, of YOUR NATION :question:!

How are you manageing so far, have you started yet?
Mr.X
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mr.X »

Craig wrote:
Mr.X wrote:
Do you fancy your chances of making it then? Are you disciplined enough to lead by example, to be a pilliar of the community, of the army, of YOUR NATION :question:!

How are you manageing so far, have you started yet?
No I haven't started yet. It starts 13th day of this month so I have 10 days until it starts. At the beginning there will be two month basic training perioid before you start specialize to anything. But I believe I have a chance to get to RUK. But if some reason I won't get there I won't be sad either. But at least its worth of trying and it can be nice experience.

I have always been somehow leadertype person. I have no problem with discipline. I am not maybe a leader of complete NATION or community becouse it involves a lot of politics. I don't have anything against politics itself I have clear opinions and so on, but parties here are all the same and politicians are making empty promises before elections to get someone to vote them. If you want to get to a parlament it is must to belong to some of the main parties becouse of the eleciton system. Otherwise you stand no chance. And in main parties the party dicipline tells you how to vote on things. So you propably can't even tell your own opinion you just have to work for the party always. And then some idiot celebrities are voted to parlament just becouse they are famous even they know nothing about anything. And it involves lot of money and media hype. But its just part of the politics, but the part I don't like. It just doesn't seem honest and fair to me.

But I am sure I am capable of leading some smaller organized group for example in army. I was always somekind of kind shepherd of my glass and I like to help and support other people. And I have stubborn attitude and I won't give up easily. :P