Introduction

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

AdriftQuasar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: WHFB: Wood Elves, WH40K: Orks

Introduction

Post by AdriftQuasar »

1.My name offline is Dan, but seeing as this is a web-based community, you can all call me AdriftQuasar or AQ for short.
2. I chose this nickname at a time in my life where I was really into astronomy and it has been with me ever since, though I do post as Kaptin Krunch over on an Ork forum.
3. I am twenty-one years old.
4. I live in a suburb of Saint Louis, Missouri called Saint Peters located near the heart of the United States.
5. My full-time job is a college student, but I work part time as a grocery store checker.
6. I would say there are times where I am naive and I am often impulsive. I wouldn't call anything I do artistic, but I can certainly be creative. Generally speaking, I am a critical thinker who likes to plan as much as I can before I take action. Taking action is usually the hard part.
7. I chose the Asrai because I liked the idea of spiteful, xenophobic, guerrilla warriors speeding through dense forests and raining death down upon their enemies from afar.
8. At the moment I do not play any other fantasy armies, though I have recently started an Ork army in 40k and am planning on getting into the War of the Ring by playing a large Rohan army. Though the Mordor troll models do look like fun.
9. I have a friend who plays 40k, but there are several stores in the area, including a GW store, where I could meet other players. I haven't really gone around them yet because I really want to show up out of nowhere with a fully painted, albeit small, army.
10. So far I have purchased the battalion box and a spellsinger model.
11. I would like to assemble and army that complete dominates the movement and shooting phases, but still has solid answers to magic and close combat.
12. I think my favorite model in the Wood Elf range is probable the noble/highborn mounted on a great stag.
14. My favorite unit are probably wardancers. Something about scantily-clad warriors covered in tattoos charging gracefully into close combat is rather appealing to me.
15. My favorite unit in all of warhammer is probably the chaos lord mounted on a juggernaut of khorne. I am really a sucker for giant monsters.
16. I will most likely paint my army with either a summer or spring theme, but would like to try adding in some different colors other than browns and greens. On page 49 of the army book there is a map and one of the locations is the Glade of Eternal Moonlight. A night-themed army sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
17. I arrived here via google, as I do to most forums.
18. Have you noticed that we have two selectable site skins to choose from? Nope.
19. Have you seen our LEAF article database thingy? (link to the top right) I have and I find it very informative.
20. Have you seen that we have a live and active IRC chatroom? (link to the top right) I do now.
21. Have you had the time eyeball our Forum Rules & Guidelines yet? I have.
22. What do you think of the site so far? I have lurked around for a while and I am very pleased with how helpful the community is.
23. Do you have any dark secrets to share? They wouldn't be secrets anymore then, would they?
24. Did you notice there was no question #13? :) I did, and I can't help but wonder why. If you are on the 14th floor of a building, you know what floor you're really on.
25: Is there something else we should know about you before we start to dissect your personal life? ;) Very few aspects of my life are private. People know me. I'm kind of a big deal.
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Re: Introduction

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

Welcome to the Forest AdriftQuasar

What do you student at the moment?

Were you born into Saint Louis, or was Saint Louis forced on you. :D (My wife's family is from there.)
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Welcome to the site AdriftQuasar!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
AdriftQuasar
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by AdriftQuasar »

I was born in the Saint Louis area. I haven't really decided exactly what I want to study. I have a passion for many things.
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

How about the general area of study?

Mating habits of the Little Mariana Fruit Bat?
Rapanui burial practices?
Akkadian pottery patterns?
Nitromethane and exploformed art pieces?
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Way Watcher
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood elves, High elves, Brets, considering Skaven, Gobbos

Post by Way Watcher »

Welcome AdriftQuasar! I hope we're able to answer all your WElfy questions. :nod:
~ Way Watcher
The Virgin Forest wrote:BTW: Most memorable use of treekin was when they sandwiched a full unit of phoenix guards containing an archmage with a treeman up the rear :cool:
AdriftQuasar
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by AdriftQuasar »

I suppose the only things I'm curious about are the colors and symbols for different glades. Again, I have this idea of a moonlight-themed army with lots of cooler colors, but I'm not sure I have the painting skills to do decent lighting effects. We'll see what happens.
Way Watcher
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood elves, High elves, Brets, considering Skaven, Gobbos

Post by Way Watcher »

The idea sounds good, good luck with it!
~ Way Watcher
The Virgin Forest wrote:BTW: Most memorable use of treekin was when they sandwiched a full unit of phoenix guards containing an archmage with a treeman up the rear :cool:
The Virgin Forest
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WoC, WE and VC and working on 40K DH

Post by The Virgin Forest »

AdriftQuasar wrote:I suppose the only things I'm curious about are the colors and symbols for different glades. Again, I have this idea of a moonlight-themed army with lots of cooler colors, but I'm not sure I have the painting skills to do decent lighting effects. We'll see what happens.
Trying will give you those skills ;)

Oh and if you need a little discouragement from doing lighting, I offer you this:

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/ ... pril%2008/
– it is said that the apples of Athel Loren gain their deep red hue from the blood of its enemies soaking the ground.