new member, thought i share my army with you all

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Macknight
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Bret, DE, DOW, VC, WE

new member, thought i share my army with you all

Post by Macknight »

i have about 20 games of experience with my wood elves, been in the hobby since late 5th, have our neighbor/ally noble brets as my 1st army, dreaded VC, trecherous DOW, and malicious DE as my other armies.

my small contingent of wood elves:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/N ... =slideshow

brets:

VC:

DOW:

DE:

"It's hell of a thing to kill a man, you take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna."
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: new member, thought i share my army with you all

Post by Beithir Seun »

Welcome to the site Macknight! Why not head over to the Glade of Gathering and introduce yourself properly? :)

You've got some great looking figures in your armies. What would you say was your favourite army to paint overall?
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
GreenGrocer
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Orcs and Gobbos, Wood Elves, Dark Elves

Post by GreenGrocer »

Hi Macknight

I really like the Dark Elf colour scheme, those Shades? with the flesh cloaks are amazing.
Treachery Aforth:
Gritz
Macknight
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Macknight »

Beithir Seun wrote:Welcome to the site Macknight! Why not head over to the Glade of Gathering and introduce yourself properly? :)

You've got some great looking figures in your armies. What would you say was your favourite army to paint overall?
I did as you suggested and properly introduced myself. The favorite army to paint is my Bretonnians as they offered the most variation, favorite to convert is my VC, I just went crazy making the zombie pirates when they were introduced.
"It's hell of a thing to kill a man, you take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna."
Farodin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark ELves, converted Eldar (exodites...) and a bit of this and that (love to paint)

Post by Farodin »

Nicce tabletop quality armies you got there. You must have been paintign a long time to have so much models, how many k of different armies do you have?
t12161991 wrote: I thought it would have been something along the lines of "Spez Mahreens. Kill. Kill again. Look good while killing. Proclaim that you're the best at killing while killing. Minor plot disturbance caused by a cracked fingernail. More killing. Kill the alien/chaos lord. Kill some more."
Macknight
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Macknight »

Farodin wrote:Nicce tabletop quality armies you got there. You must have been paintign a long time to have so much models, how many k of different armies do you have?
Gosh I don't really know, 8k of Brets, VC, and DE I suppose, 2-3k of WE, 3k of DOW. I've been painting since late 5th, so about 10 years, they weren't at that quality when I started, I actually sold some of my early Brets as they were unsalvageable by retouching with paint, I started with just 8 colors, did not know how to paint the eyes so I left them white, did not know how to use washes, did not know how to shade, so I came a long way painting figures.
Farodin
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark ELves, converted Eldar (exodites...) and a bit of this and that (love to paint)

Post by Farodin »

Wow, that are big armies... But when painting over 10 years that is to be expected.
And, everybody does not really know how to employ technics on their first miniatures (at leats, I didn't)

-Farodin
t12161991 wrote: I thought it would have been something along the lines of "Spez Mahreens. Kill. Kill again. Look good while killing. Proclaim that you're the best at killing while killing. Minor plot disturbance caused by a cracked fingernail. More killing. Kill the alien/chaos lord. Kill some more."