new ol' player

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

legion of the damned
Newcomer
Newcomer

new ol' player

Post by legion of the damned »

Hi all my name is Robert 39 from the netherlands, started collecting/gaming about 20yrs ago .
The armies i play with are: dwarfs, woodelves,empire, O&G, chaos <all 3> and started ogre kindoms last year.
most of the figures/units i have are 5th and older and mostly try to make a army out of the classics without buying any or as little as posible from the new range.

The first armies i started were the wood elves and dwarfs, my first buy ever must have been either scarlocs regiment of reknown or the bugman rangers box.
Other systems i play are epic, man o'war, 40k, necromunda, bloodbowl.

With all those old fig's i am as of yet not to sure how to fit them into a good working wood elf force so am glad i found this site for some help/tips/and see how others out there managed . i have a huge woodie force but as most are from the classic marauder and citadel range unsure if i can ever use them all, have like 80 archer and 80 warriors not even counting the 5th ed gladeguard.

to give an idea this is about a 3th of my warhammer collection and as you can see need alot of work rebasing and touching up :
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88 ... 010018.jpg
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: new ol' player

Post by Beithir Seun »

Welcome to the site!

That looks like a fantastic collection you have there! Out of all of them, which would you say is you favourite unit? (If you can single it down that much :P)

Of all the systems you play which do you enjoy most?
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
legion of the damned
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hard to say what unit i would call my fav i just finished a small dwarf unit that looks great
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88 ... 310027.jpg

....but for sentimental i would go for either the old 4 horse wood elf charriot or a 15 strong metal woodelf riders unit i bought many years ago on a trip to england and set foot in a GW store for the first time in my life.

I enjoy warhammer the most, the other game systems are easy to set up in a moments notice but cant say they have the same feel as a good exiting game of warhammer .
rowiel
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: wood elves dark elves high elves

Post by rowiel »

welcome!! hope you ll enjoy it ere!!
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

Welcome to the Forest legion of the damned.

You still have time to enter the August Modelling Challenge - hint -hint.

What's your favourite computer RTS, if any?
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
legion of the damned
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks ArchMagosAlchemys, i hardly play games on the pc anymore but when i do find some spare time its bound to be something from the cossacks range <alexander, etc> or play a quick game of final liberation .
the call of the hunt
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodies+o+g

Post by the call of the hunt »

dude, that is a collection!! how many points is it(roughly) and those dwarfs look scrummy, Have you seen the introduction questioannare, it might help ud find out more about you if you filled it in. Have fun, this is a good site.

TCOTH
Don't take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway.

Why are Hobbits so small?
legion of the damned
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hard to say the call of the hunt,for balanced armies i would say roughly about 3/4000 points for each army .
they are larger but with more rare/special options then you could field.
Sethayla
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves... Lots and lots of points... whether they are painted or not... ugh

Post by Sethayla »

Welcome to the glades!

-Seth
Nagathi wrote:Only on Asrai.org can a thread about a joke turn into a mature, serious and intellectual discussion. It's almost frightening...
How to use Glade Riders
How to use Eternal Guard