WIP Chaos Warrior Champ

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Sexy Druchii
Newcomer
Newcomer

WIP Chaos Warrior Champ

Post by Sexy Druchii »

Well, here he is at about 50% completion. Cloak, bottom side of Axe, base, and horns need to be finished. So does that little skull on his forehead. So without further adue, Skaltharax Korthaîn, Chaos Warrior Champion:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/ ... C03337.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/ ... C03335.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/ ... C03334.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/ ... C03328.jpg

I am tyring to improve the NMM technique I am using, but in real life, this guy looks quite good. I like the way he's turning out, and once I redo the cloak, I think I'll have a set scheme. Bottom of Axe is too dull IMO, so that will be changed. And that yellow spot inside his visor doesnt exist. It's a color screwup with the camera. The gem isnt all light blue either. Camera screwed up again.

Improvements?

--SD--
Register for Ferion today! Really fun Space Strategy Game!
Quercia dei Eternita
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elerrr...Vampire Counts!

Post by Quercia dei Eternita »

Wow man. No man. No improvements on that! Wow that will just look so good. It's a Champion (character) or a champion of a unit?

Only point is that his legs are a bit static :\

Cheers,
-Q
http://www.vampirecounts.net - Home of the Vampire Counts
emoe
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by emoe »

good. beautiful. this should be called: my beautiful chaos champions :P

emoe
Sexy Druchii
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sexy Druchii »

You know, this is really freaky, on Druchii.net, everyone says they hate my stuff, on Asur.org, they go 50/50, and on Asrai.org, everyone loves the stuff.

So whats the general consensus?

And maybe I should label this "my beautiful champion", that one guy seems to have fun doing it, although some of the stuff could clearly use improvement.

So do you guys have ANY improvements that can be made to the dude? I really want to know, so that I can improve. And BTW, if you hate NMM, post that in another thread, I dont give a damn. I like NMM, and I will learn how to do it perfectly (in due time.)

--SD--
Thrask
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Skaven, Druchii and 40k Chaos.

Post by Thrask »

I don't like it, but that's probably because you haven't mastered NMM yet.
Sexy Druchii
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sexy Druchii »

Yes, I am a long way from perfection, but I will keep trying.

--SD--
emoe
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by emoe »

the chaos warrior models is red-yellow. are the other models in his unit that to? or are you just a painter witch dont play games.

emoe
Shaargor
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Shaargor »

I'd have to say it's alright (tabletop quality, possibly better) but you need to do more coats on he chain mail and furs. Make them lighter. The armour isn't quite my colour (if you haven't done the unit change it to black), but the highlighting on it is good. Overall a good atempt.
Deathjester
Painting Guru

Post by Deathjester »

As a WIP i think it's pretty good, but i think that the legs are a little static.

I'd give it a 6-7 to this stage.....

If you want to learn NMM properly you can use a really simple technique:

If you practice on metal minis (cos it's easier for the next stage) that's best.

Before you undercoat the model take a picture of it in some really harsh lighting.

Then follow the highlights that appear on the picture. It's actually pretty easy. It also means that you have a definable source of light as opposed to guessing, once you get good, then you can do it with out the picture... then you should be able to transfer this skill on to plastics.

But hey, you NMM is pretty good atm anyway.

Also i have once made a surface really shiny so i could do SENMM on it by taking a picture.
Here's the jig, you don't have to agree with what i say, you can tell me that you don't... Just don't expect me to care.

philleehellphia
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by philleehellphia »

Is this the same guy from Minnesotta? Heh. Because you're painting has improved.

Good work on the Champion. It's hard to work with Gold/Yellow.I think it's pretty good. Although it could use a little touch-up.