Treachery Aforth (WFB RPG) *ROLL CALL!*

Come here to play in role playing games, play in AoDs, or show off your latest story creation. This is also the place for fluff questions.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WE, Nurgle WoC

Treachery Aforth (WFB RPG) *ROLL CALL!*

Post by Ryikko »

The fire dancing in the circle of figures cast a low, orange light upon the face of Weiland Heifkopper, the mayor of the small town of Reilsberg. His face was unwell, and beads of sweat glimmered on his pasty, balding forhead. He wrung his hands nervously as more and more figures approached the group. He could not see their faces in the hazy gloom of the evening, only their silhouettes. Gathering the scant courage he held in his overweight frame, he rose from the mouldy crate that he was just sitting on a moment ago. He adressed the group, "Greetings my fellows," He uttered nervously, his double chin wobbling as he spoke, "You are all here for the same purpose. I have proposed a hefty reward of a large chest of gold to the few courageous individuals who are up to slaying a monster..." He paused a moment, looking around, and wiping the sweat from his brow before continuing, "But this is no ordinary monster. He is...and has been a constant threat to Reilsberg and her neighbouring villages for many years now. He leads a savage and uncaring band of unspeakable horrors, raiding, pillaging and raping any who oppose him. This creature of chaos is rumoured to be over eight feet tall, and able to rend a man in twain with a single swipe of his rotton claws. Some call him Scabrender, others Goremonger; regardless of his name, he has roamed free in the Great Forest for far too long, and he must be stopped before any more harm is done. That is why I brought you here..." He stopped again, this time to wipe the sweat from his palms onto his pants, "Any man, dwarf or elf willing to step up to this immense challenge will be gifted with great wealth, and a permanent place as a herro to the town of Reilsberg."
He looked around nervously as some men began to leave the circle. Running his hand through his thin and wispy hair, Weiland paniced.
"Please kind sirs, show your faces if you are willing to slay this scourge, Scabrender..."

So, with a 40K RPG (sort of?) in process, I figured some people may be left out...
Anyways, this is kind of similar to Avalance's Necromancer RPG.
I am looking for about 5-8 players (more if the interest is enough).
Your character will be the champion of a unit type. you have up to 50 pts. to spend on your character.
For example, a glade guard character will be 12 pts, and +6 for the champion upgrade (which is manditory), leaving 32 pts to spend on other upgrades.
You may purchase weapons available to the hero choice of your race at double the cost (Example being, buying a greatweapon for your Glade Guard, from the Noble's weapon selection will cost 8pts.).
NO MAGIC ITEMS. You will be able to find them in the game, but you will not start with them.
Mounts may be purchased at the same price as the hero has access to (Elven steeds are still 12pts, etc)

You may upgrade to basic statline of your character (WS, BS, etc) for 10 pts. Attacks may only be upgraded once (1) over its starting statline. Wounds may never be increased. Certain races may not upgrade certain stats however:
Elves: May not upgrade S beyond 4, may not upgrade T whatsoever. All else is fine.
Humans: Cannot have I or T upraded.
Dwarfs: T cannot be increased over 5. I may not be increased.
Lizardmen: All can be upgraded. May take a single spawning (provided it still stays within the 50 pts limit)

All characters have 2 Wounds (second is free) on their statline for survivability.

On player can also take one(1) mage of level one that has a single spell can be only of human or elven race. Cost is 40pts with the option of a few 10pt abilities. Mage may take a spell of casting level 7 and below, including casting level 7.

There may only be this many players per race:
Elves: 3 [ 3 Confirmed ]
Humans: Unlimited [ 5 Confirmed ]
Dwarves: 2
Lizardmen: 1. Absolute max. [ 1 Confirmed]

Instead of spending points on stats you may opt to spend them on abilities. Only one ability may be purchased when first creating your character. You may choose one of the Extended Abilities (seen lower), as an original skill when creating your character.

Common:

10 pts - Sharp eye (ranged):
The warrior lines up their target with efficientcy and releasing the arrow with grace it speeds through the air towards the target
1-2: Nothing
3-5: Re-roll of a failed 'to hit' roll
6: Re-roll of a failed 'to wound' roll

10 pts - Strike to Injure:
The warrior's blade is canny, and will not miss its target.
The warrior is granted a re-roll one 'to wound' roll per combat.

Elves:

15 pts -Lightning Reflexes: The elf moves with the speed of lightning, dodging around opponents attacks and delivering their own with swift judgement.
On a roll of
3-5: Opponent re-rolls one successful hit
6: If hit and not wounded by an opponent, may riposte and be granted an immediate 'free' attack in return against the opponent who hit them. This may only be used once per combat phase, and only against a single foe.

Humans:

15 pts - Sharp Judgement: The human sizes up the combat quickly and decides what to do without a moments hesitation
3-5: Strikes before charging opponent.
6: Strikes before a charging foe and has an extra attack too.

Dwarfs:

15 pts - Barrier:
The dwarf steadies himself for the oncoming attack becoming a barrier against harm
3-5: Gives up an attack and makes himself a wall of Dwarven steel. Armour save increased by 2. so a 3+ save is now a 1+save .
6: Armour increased by 2 and no attack lost

Lizardmen:

20 pts - Charge:
The lizardman collects himself for a charge into the fray. The titanic mass is practically unstoppable once moving.
1-2: Charge into fray with extra attack on a 4+.
3-5: Charge with +1 Strength.
6: Charge with +1 Strength and an additional attack.

Mage:

10 pts - Re-bound:
May cast the spell in a chain re-bounding it twice. On a 6+ the spell re-bounds onto another with half of the spell damage. Again must roll a 6+ for it to re-bound with half spell damage

10 pts - Explode:
the spell may hit its target and explode. 1 the spell explodes before it gets far enough away from the caster who takes d3 strength 3 wounds. 2-5 the spell explodes hitting the the main target and on a 4+ wounds the person next to the target with d2 strength 3 wounds 6 the spell hits target and causes hits plus 1 and hits two targets next to the main target for d2 strength 3 wounds

10 pts - Concentration:
1-3: Nothing
4-5: +1 to cast
6: +2 to cast

Also if you have any skills that you think would suit your character PM me and ill see if it's fine

Present your character as following

Name:
Brief background:
Weapons:
Character stats(as you may have increased them using spare points): M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Abilites: if you got an ability
Weapons & armour: what your guy comes with and what others you may have purchased.

Then also say how you spent the points
eg: Total Points: 12 (base saurus) + 12 (champion) + 8 (spear) + 5 (sacred spawning) + 10 (+1 WS) = 47 points

These rules were heavily based off of Avalance's. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Hope to see some interest :roll:

Level Upgrades:
At certain points in the adventure, you will be gifted with what is essentially a "level up". This will increase the power of your character, to cope with the challenges ahead. You will be given an additional 30 points for your character, which may be allocated in any combination of the following:

These are purchased in the same way as when you created you character, just choose some abilities that appeal to you, weapons, mounts etc.

You may upgrade your statline, provided it does not exceed your races' caps. There is no longer a Wound upgrade. You may purchase weapons for the price listed, and exotic ones provided you have upgraded that skill. Rarity for items lists a number that must be met or exceeded on a roll of 2D6 in order to purchase it. (As much as I trust your honesty, I will be rolling the dice.)

Extended Abilities:

Common:
(These are not race specific, and may be chosen by any race for the price listed.)

10 pts - Weapons Expert: Truly a jack of his trade, a Weapons Expert treats all the blades they pick up with equal skill and finesse.
May use Exotic weapons.

15 pts - Trick Shooter: Eyes keen and trained, even the smallest opportunity poses a chance for a kill against a concealed foe.
Ignore all cover modifiers.

15 pts - Raider: Quick to strike, and canny enough to run while the enemy's stunned, a brutal guerilla tactic indeed.
Hit and Run special rule. Previously struck enemy may not charge user during their phase.

20 pts - Crackshot: So great is the user's aim that they can place an arrow or bullet in the eye of an enemy 50 yards away.
Lethal Shot.

Elves:
(Only for you fickle pansy folk ;) )

5 pts - Contortionist: Wardancers Only. Through the most rigorous tests of time does a Wardancer finesse their dance to such a level that they can sustain a single performance for days upon end.
May use the same Shadow Dance in consecutive combat rounds.

10 pts - Nimble: The warrior uses their unnatural speed to avoid the clumsy blows of their opponents.
First hit against the user is re-rolled.

10 pts - Hunter: A true master of the woods and stalking the shadows.
Special setup, much like a scout. User's choice to place character in cover after battlemap has been drawn.
If the character already has the Scout special rule, Hunter will extend the setup of the Scout rule: seen here.

15 pts - Bladesinger: No matter how outnumbered, the elf does not falter in combat. They merely whirl faster in their dance of death.
When charging a greater number of foes, outnumbered in a ratio of 3:1 or greater, user is granted an additional attack aimed at each additional enemy. May not grant more than 2 attacks in this way.
[Ex. If you are charging an enemy that outnumbers you, you get additional attacks to compensate. For each enemy over the second (so starting with the 3rd and so on), you may attack them for free, up to a maximum of 2 free attacks. (So you could land a hit against everyone in a 3:1 (+1A) and a 4:1 (+2A) situation, but not in a 5:1 situation (+2A)]

Humans:

10 pts - Streetwise: Well versed in haggling and all around conning, the user gets the best rates, guaranteed.
+1 to Rarity rolls, and deduct 2D6 from price of all items bought from traders and store owners.

10 pts - Gunman: When defending farms and houses from raids, cover is few and far between. Skilled gunmen must become accustomed to firing on the run.
Does not suffer from moving penalties when firing missile weapons. Weapons with the Move-or-Fire rule suffer from it no longer, but are penalized with the -1 Mod for firing on the run instead.

15 pts - Swordsman: The innate talent to humans of constant conflict gives them a rather close relationship with their weapon.
May re-roll missed hits when charging.

Lizardmen:

10 pts - Fearsome: The great beast is as imposing and terrifying as myths make him out to be.
Cause Fear (Is considered to outnumber any small foes).

10 pts - Brute: Saurus only. Such is the strength of this titan that he wields heavy and brutal weapons with ease.
Ignore Always Strikes Last when wielding Great Weapons.

10 pts - Messenger: Skink only. Blessed with nimble feet, the small lizard was once a runner between Temples for the Slaan.
Adds an additional half of his Move rate when running/marching.
[Ex. Q'dxufjlepcjk, Runner of High Slann Priest Master Lord Gtsix'Zkhualxcv The Anointed of Sotek's Best Man has M6 and Messenger. His run is now 15" (6+6+3)]

Magic Users:

15 pts - Strandseer: Able to see the winds of magic with more focus, the Mage can reach out and grab what they need with relative ease.
Allows one re-roll of a single casting dice if the spell originally failed. Cannot prevent Miscast or cause Irresistible Force.

15 pts - Dextrous: The physical memory and rigorous practice of the Mage allows them to cast spells while under the burden of armour.
May wear armour and cast spells.

Dwarves:

10 pts - Grudgebearer: The Dwarf has had a scarring past with a chosen foe, and now fights with barely contained rage against any of its kin.
Choose a race. The Dwarf may now re-roll any failed hits in close combat against the chosen foe.

15 pts - Resilient: The Dwarf is adorned with scars and callouses, rendering his thick skin even more resistant to blades and weapons.
+1 T. This may exceed the racial cap of Dwarven Toughness only once.

Weapons & Miscellanea:

Melee Weapons:
[a pair of Elven Blades and Assassin's Blades will benefit from the Ad. Hand Weapon bonus. They may not be mixed together.]
5 pts - Additional Hand Weapon
6 pts - Halberd
6 pts - Flail
8 pts - Great Weapon
12 pts - Elven Blade (Rare 9; Exotic to Non-Elves, +1 to hit, does not stack. Are considered Wardancer Weapons to WD characters)
15 pts - Assassin's Blade (Rare 7; Exotic, +1 to wound rolls, does not stack.)
18 pts - Executioner's Axe (Rare 8; Great Weapon. Killing Blow)

Ranged Weapons:
2 pts - Sling
4 pts - Shortbow
5 pts - Bow
7 pts - Pistol (Brace for 13 pts)
6 pts - Throwing Knives/Stars (Rare 8; Exotic, S3, Multiple shot x2, no penalties to BS, short range compared to other weapons)
8 pts - Longbow
8 pts - Crossbow
10 pts - Repeater Crossbow
10 pts - Handgun
14 pts - Blunderbuss (Rare 5; Multiple Shot x4, S6, Armour Piercing, 1 use per skirmish)
20 pts - Nuln Experimental Rifle (Rare 10; Multiple Shot xD6, SD6+1, Armour Piercing)

Armour:
Armour is not available to those without the option for it in their book.
5 pts - Shield
8 pts - Chainfist (Rare 8; Exotic, Counts as Shield and Additional Hand Weapon)
10 pts - Light Armour
20 pts - Heavy Armour
10 pts - Barding

Other:
7 pts - Luck Charm (re-roll first miss in each skirmish)
7 pts - Holy Icon (+1 to hit & wound against undead and daemons. Does NOT affect run-of-the-mill Chaos followers!)
8 pts - Healing Herbs (Heals 1W. 3 uses/purchase)
10 pts - Poison (Rare 9; Exotic, your choice of melee/ranged weapon now has the Poison special rule.
If weapon already has that rule, then lower the required number by 1. Maximum 5+ to autowound. )
[Ex. aforementioned Skink, Q'whateverthef*ck, Runner of High Slaan Whogivesadamn has a blowpipe. He can purchase more poison and now any rolls of 5+ to hit automatically wound.]
18 pts - Hunting Hound (Rare 6; Chaos Hound statline, loyal until death)
20 pts - Horse (Rare 8; Basic statline)
25 pts - Elven Cloak (Rare 11; opponents are at -2 to hit you w. missiles/Magic. They may pass by you completely if you are concealed)
25 pts - Magic Tome (Spellcasters ONLY, Rare 10; Your choice: +1 to cast OR additional spell from same lore up to power lvl 7)

Cheers,
Ryikko
Last edited by Ryikko on 21 Jul 2009, 19:48, edited 11 times in total.
Atlarge wrote: It's not GW if you're not scraping off a dozen nonsensical skulls from each model.
Who clicks on these anyways?
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: 40K: Eldar, Space Wolves, Necrons Warhammer: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven

Re: Treachery Aforth (WFB RPG)

Post by Draketh Firewind »

I'm interested, I'll get the character in later. It'll be editted into this post later, bye...

EDIT: Here she is...

Name: Belwen Laloc

Apperance: Belwen stands at the height of 6 foot, her body lithe like any elf. She wears the tradional Eternal Guard uniform except the helmet. Her light blonde hair is braideded down to the small of her back. Her light blue eyes seem to pierce the soul of the person she looks at. She, unlike some other elves, hasn't been scared as her lightning relfexs have saved her from dangerous attack and grevious wounds.

Brief background: When Belwen joined the Eternal Guard, she was quickly celebrated as a prodigy of fighting. But as an young elf, her constant wonderlust brought her to act rashly in battle. Often she would rush into battle, ignoring her lord's calls, to battle the enemy in hopes for greatness and adventure. But these acts brought shame upon herself and her lord even though she did many wonderful and heroic things, she was still ridaculed and punished for abandoning her lord in battle, so in a effort to sedate her woudnerlust and restore her honour she was exiled from the woods of Athel Loren for a hundred years. She has been in exile for three years currently, so she is still learning the ways of the world.

Character stats:
M:5 WS:5 B4:5 S:4 T:3 W:2 I:5 A:2 Ld:9

Abilites: None
Weapons & armour: Eternal Guard weapons and armour

Total Points: 12(Eternal Guard) + 12(Eternal) + 10(+1 S) + 15(Lightning Reflexs) = 49
Last edited by Draketh Firewind on 17 May 2008, 10:41, edited 2 times in total.
Mamimi Samejima from FLCL wrote:He who conquers the left side conquers the world chief
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL wrote:It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.
Supporter of the Rammie Spirit
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Count me in. As Draketh said, I'll edit my character into this post. Can't decide whether to drag out ol' Sir Thibault or make a new character.... <.<
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

Niirli leaned against the wall in the shadows, her sword's sheath, hiding an aura of pale blue from the sword within, propped against the wall beside her.At the mention of the beast's name Niirli involoutarily reached up to her face and her slender fingers slid down the smoothe ivory of her mask and then around to the raw tissue of her pointed ear. The beast would pay for her disfigurement, she tensed with frustration. For eleven years she had hunted for it. Using this forsaken town as a base. They didn't understand her hatred of the beast, couldn't understand the complexity of an elven mind.

The hall had began to empty, only a few remaining behind. She would wait till last. It was always better to remain anonymous. She had learnt that the hard way.

Hope that'll do for the background

Niirli is a bladelady (swodmaster champion)

Name: Niirli
Appearance: my avatar with add a bulge at the chest and pointed ears
Brief background: see above
Weapons: great weapon
Character stats: M5 WS7 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I5 A4 Ld8 (one extra attack and yet more weaponskill)
Abilites: nah
Weapons & armour: heavy armour and I've already mentioned the great weapon
Points: swordmaster 15, champion 12, attack 10, weaponskill 10=47pts

:D

Edited
Last edited by Mist Walker on 18 May 2008, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Thistledown
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: WF:Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Orc & Goblins 40k:Imperial Guard
Location: Tending the wounded in the forest north of the town of Reilsburg

Post by Thistledown »

I'd Like to play. Heres My Character
EDIT: Since we have so many close combat oriented Characters ive gone with the wizard to keep us all in the fight.
Name: Ameal Haadi
Race: Human
Apperance: White robes,Olive skin, Dark long hair and handlebar mustache.
Brief background: Originally born into the merchant class of Araby, Ameal had a sheltered upbringing. upon coming of age his keen mind lent itself to the ways of magic and he was accepted into the Order of Light. However a scandal involving a married noble women forced him to flee for his life. Since that time he has traveled the old world as a peddler of cures and ailments and with Scabrender on the rampage around the town of Reilsburg business has been good.
Weapons: sword and staff
Armor: none
Character stats: M:4 WS:3 BS:3 S:3 T:3 W:2 I:3 A:1 Ld:7
Abilites: Concentration, Wizard Level 1
Spell:"healing energy" 5+ casting to heal any freindly model 1 wound anywhere on the board even in combat
My buy: Wizard (40pts) Concentration(10pts) Total: 50
Last edited by Thistledown on 19 May 2008, 23:43, edited 3 times in total.
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: 40K: Eldar, Space Wolves, Necrons Warhammer: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven

Just a warning to Thistledown and Mist Walker, I don't think you can increase wounds and attacks over the basic, and wounds are automatically increased to 2 for survive ability, so I think you will have to put you stat changes somewhere else. And Ryikko if I'm wrong please correct me.

And also Mistwalker put a points tally in beneath your character, it will make it easier to understand and read so we know where things went and where they didn't.
Mamimi Samejima from FLCL wrote:He who conquers the left side conquers the world chief
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL wrote:It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.
Mist Walker
Campaign Team

Post by Mist Walker »

If that is the case can I ask why there are limits on elves going over S4?
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Logic, an elf is a frail being, elves are not like orcs or lizardmen, they are not muscle bound. So therefore they cannot go past a certain point, it's kind of like the Dwarves and Initiative, they aren't fast like elves, like we aren't strong like them.
Thistledown
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Thistledown »

Draketh Firewind wrote:Just a warning to Thistledown and Mist Walker, I don't think you can increase wounds and attacks over the basic, and wounds are automatically increased to 2 for survive ability, so I think you will have to put you stat changes somewhere else. And Ryikko if I'm wrong please correct me.
My Apologies. i suppose ill upgrade WS if this is the case.
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

@Thistledown: Don't do it just yet, I have to get the ok from Ryikko first as I may be totally wrong in the way he wants to play the rpg.
Mist Walker
Campaign Team

Post by Mist Walker »

but the maximum strength found on a hero is 4 for elves...?
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Ummm... so... I'm sorry I don't see your point Mist about hero's strength being 4, also this RPG is under Ryikko's rules, I'm just remembering the rules of similar RPGs that Ryikko and I have participated in before, I'm also thinking that he means the same thing as previous ones but has just forgotten to add it into his introduction.
Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Ryikko »

Thanks for ruling some things out while I was away Draketh :D
due to my stupidity when posting the rules, I did forget to include the fact that all characters start with 2 Wounds. You may upgrade it once (1) for 10 points. Attacks may be upgraded once (1) over your basic for 10 points. These have been edited into the main post. (Sorry Mist, this does mean you'll have to allocate 1 upgrade to something else :roll: )
@Thistledown, do Slayer Axes count as two hand weapons? (therefore giving you 3A?) I don't have the Dwarf AB, do the Slayers have any other special rules you could PM me explaining?
@Mist Walker, Elves can't have over S4 for the reasons Draketh explained, and the fact that with S5, and a great weapon, a Swordmaster (or Bladelady in your case ;) ) would be striking first at S7. A little gamebreaking if you ask me :confused:
Also, gokenin is going to join, he just PMed me, and should post his character soon...
Atlarge wrote: It's not GW if you're not scraping off a dozen nonsensical skulls from each model.
Mist Walker
Campaign Team

Post by Mist Walker »

Altered-and she's supposed to be skilled and frail not a white lioness with 4 attacks
Thistledown
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Thistledown »

Ryikko wrote: @Thistledown, do Slayer Axes count as two hand weapons? (therefore giving you 3A?) I don't have the Dwarf AB, do the Slayers have any other special rules you could PM me explaining?
Have PM'd you. will edit my character post above.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

OK, sorry it's a bit later than expected but here's my character. Being as we have no humans yet, I've decided to get Sir Thibault out into the fresh air :D

Name: Sir Thibault de Duchennay (Grail Knight)
Appearance: Shoulder-length dark hair, dark facial hair, grey-green eyes, 6' 2" tall, stocky build.
Background: One of the fastest knights to make the transition from a Knight of the Realm to a Questing Knight, Thibault spent 7 years travelling the Old World in search of the Blessing of the Lady. He travelled as far as the Mountains of Mourn during his quest, earning himself an almost unheard of amount of respect from the denizens of the far-eastern mountains. Due to his years fighting in the presence of Ogres, Thibault's fighting prowess is increased beyond that of a normal Bretonnian Knight. Upon returning to his homeland, Thibault received his epiphany and now serves the Lady of the Lake unquestionly until the day of his death.
Weapons & Armour: Hand Weapon, Lance, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Shield, Heavy Armour
Stats: M WS BS S T W I A Ld
--------8--6---3--4-3-2-5-2-8
Abilities/Special Rules: Purebreed Warhorse , The Grail Vow

Total Points: 38 (Grail Knight) + 10 (Increased WS) = 48pts
gokenin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by gokenin »

Name: Óláfr Digr
Appearance: He stands 6’5” high with bright piercing green eyes and short thick curly dark brown hair, his chin is covered in a few days worth of stubble, his clothing is a mixture of dark browns and greys, dark green Saurus skin boots & gloves clad his extremities (that should slightly annoy any lizardmen), a suit of BlueBlack Half plate (Breastplate, Pauldrons, Bracers, Greaves) over a sleaved (only to elbow and knees) light chain shirt cover this, his helm Compleat with a chain aventail has a mask covering his eyes and nose, on his left hip is slung a longsword, mounted on his back with a leather strap is a round, steel bossed shield with a black raven on green background device, over all of this is a black bear skin cloak.
He also has a leather sling bag with rations and a canteen + a silver hipflask of Albonees Whisky

Brief background: Growing up in a Bjornling settlement in Norsca Olafr trained at the feet of his father who was mighty berserker, learning the way of the warrior with his elder brother whom he could always best with skill but never ferocity, for his family are true berserkers Were Bears and his brother is the greatest yet born to his clan, being more than able to take a joke, (a berserker who cant seem to summon the frenzy& to add to this no matter how hard he works he still has an annoyingly thick layer of fat across his mid section) even his thick skin could not take any more of his brothers annoyingly big mouth, Olafr left on a raiding expedition and hasn’t looked back since, he has raided and traded in several places, finally coming here after a dwarven induce drinking binge made him miss the departure time of his ship, he found employment guarding a caravan that is passing through the area.

Norse Huscarl (Chaos Warrior Template)
Character stats:
M: 4 WS: 6 BS: 3 S: 5 T: 4 W: 2 I: 5 A: 3 Ld: 8

Abilities: None
Weapons & Armour: Hand Weapon (Longsword), Heavy Armour (Halfplate), Shield

Total Points: 12(Warrior) + 12(Champion) + 1 (Shield) + 5(Chosen +1A) + 10(+1 WS) + 10(+1 S) = 50 Points.

And he's NOT a chaos worshipper, also this'll be my first rpg
Last edited by gokenin on 29 May 2008, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
Treachery Aforth RPG
Óláfr Digr (Norsman)
Kills = 3 Gor 5 Ungor 2 Bestigor 3 Innocent Peasants 2 Cultists 1 Changer of Ways

Path of the Everchosen
Ubogoi Dam'ian (Undivided Sorcerer)
Abilities: +1 cast lore of fire
Kills = 8 GG
Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Ryikko »

Now that our humans have confirmed, we have 5 characters. Do you guys think we should start the RPG, or wait for some more people to join?

@Beithir: Glad to see Thibault again. He was the one who made me want to start RPGing when I first joined the site :D
gokenin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by gokenin »

A couple more people might be good but i suppose they could meet up with us on the road later on if everyone wants to start now, that way we get reinforcements
Treachery Aforth RPG
Óláfr Digr (Norsman)
Kills = 3 Gor 5 Ungor 2 Bestigor 3 Innocent Peasants 2 Cultists 1 Changer of Ways

Path of the Everchosen
Ubogoi Dam'ian (Undivided Sorcerer)
Abilities: +1 cast lore of fire
Kills = 8 GG
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

It really depends on what you want Ryikko, if you want to start the RPG go ahead but if you want to wait that's fine with me.

EDIT: @ Gokenin: Sorry to be nit picky but a chaos warrior is 14pts, and to be chosen is 6pts, also as a chosen you get chaos armour which is a 4+ save along with your extra attack. So your a couple of points over, again sorry to be nit picky
Thistledown
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Thistledown »

If we start now how about i drop my Dwarf since we have more than enough muscle? Ill swap out for the wizard with "healing energy" from the lore of Light to heal us all.
EDIT: For the record 5+ casting to heal any freindly model 1 wound anywhere on the board even in combat! Unbelievable! Being a wood elf player ive been stuck with Gift of Life for 7+ and any a range of 12'' <.< (although healing a treeman completely with 1 casting...)
Mist Walker
Campaign Team

Post by Mist Walker »

I just got my white dwarf with the update today-it's legal for him to take what he has. And the fact that there are no god specific banners is blasphemous-sort of

I'm not bothered whether we start now or late, I'm a little anxious to get going though
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

I'm not particularly fussed either way - more people is always better but we have a nice range of characters and a small group is easier to work with. It would be good to get started though :D

P.S Ryikko - I never imagined Thibault would be so inspiring. After all, he is but a humble servant of the Lady :p It'll be good to get him out and about again though :D
Whelan
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves and Eldar.

Post by Whelan »

Edited.

If it's okay, may I finish the Elven quota? If so,

Name: Rowan Palaes
Apperance: medium-length reddish hair, kept back from his face, he wears no shirt and his skin is addorned with blue tatoos in spiral patterns. He wields a pair of large blades.
Brief background:Rowan has moved between many kindreds, becoming a glade rider in his younger years, an armourer later, a herbalist as a hobby for some time, and finally a Wardancer, where he found his true calling and quickly became one of the most skilled in his troop, deciding to wander outside the confines of Athel Loren and andventure on his own.
Weapons: Wardancer weapons (+1 attack and +1 strength on the charge)
Character stats: M5 WS7 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I6 A2 Ld8
Abilites: Shadow Dances of Loec
Weapons & armour:Talismanic tatoos and Wardancer Weapons

Wardancer (18) + Unit champ (14) + plus one WS (10) =42 points
Last edited by Whelan on 08 Aug 2008, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Path of the Everchosen -Hephott Erjaz, Chosen of Nurgle
Treachery Afoth -Rowan Palaes, Wardancer of Loec
Born in Darkness -Sylder Reshaer, Spellsinger of Athel Loren
Thistledown
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Thistledown »

Whelan wrote:

Wardancer (18) + Unit champ (14) + plus one WS (10) + plus one attack (10) =42 points
I count 52...