Glade Guard for Painting Comp

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Xinithorp
Newcomer
Newcomer

Glade Guard for Painting Comp

Post by Xinithorp »

Alrighty. A little while back I got a free Glade Guard model to submit for a painting competition at the store.

So I figured I'd give it a shot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... CT0456.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... CT0452.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... CT0450.png

Basically I went black with mild green highlights for a night theme. I plunked her on a rock formation that looks like it shouldn't be standing for that extra magical level, freehanded a Celtic symbol on the front and that's roughly where I'm at now.

I realize it's a little dark, but in person the highlights come through a little better.

Comments much appreciated!
Endakil
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Endakil »

Nice ninja look. The string looks cool.
The stone is, maybe, too big and artificial.
postdeath
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by postdeath »

i think that you shoul dig up an arrow out of you bitz or make one and string it
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
-I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

"Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est."
Neanderthal05
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Neanderthal05 »

The paint job and everything looks good, but the rock looks awkward on that base size, maybe i u put it on a monster base, it would look a little more natural. You could also add spites and stuff to the base if you did that.
Am I the only one who thinks an elf army should be full of elves and not trees?

Ash nazg durbatuluk
Ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatuluk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.....
Blue Anders
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Blue Anders »

Your painting looks good. Like the others I'm not sure about the stones, doesn't quite look right.
The main thing that stands out to me though, and it's something you can't do anything about now really, is that the model looks to be leaning to far back.
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

i love the way you painted that...but the rock does look a little odd. well nice job and good luck in the painting comp.

Dori
Ex Council Member
Check out my tactica's in my topic Dori's Tactica's
Treeman
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Treeman »

To be honest, that isn't all that great. I find it quite dull and there isn't much special about it. The Celt sign shows up too much against the dark background, and the rock thing is odd. Plus I don't like bows with strings on them.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but that is my honest opinion.
... .
Shaargor
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Shaargor »

I agree with treeman. The rock looks slightly odd and the black is dull. The face is quite nice and the front view is much better than the side. The rock doesn't bother me, but highlight the balck and give us another look, then I'll tell you what I think.
philleehellphia
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by philleehellphia »

Well, it dose seem to be a bit dull. I know you might want to keep the whole Ninja look, but a few greys here and there would be a nice addition.

But yes, the whole model conversions are nice.
Prince Cal
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Prince Cal »

It's quite well painted but it was a bad choice of scheme to win a painting contest, you want a colour which really shows of your painting talents and can have a lot done with it which black doesn't allow.
Khaine=Slaanesh :P
Lord Voldemorten
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Lord Voldemorten »

I like the green highlights, but I think you should try to make them more apparent. Also, I agree that a larger base might be a good idea
~Lord Voldemorten
Ellisthion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau

Post by Ellisthion »

Not enough colour