Nasty forum screen?

Questions about the site or suggestions for improvements go here and are investigated by the Council of Elders

Moderator: Council of Elders

Dooppie
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Nasty forum screen?

Post by Dooppie »

Hi people, after 1 year not been on this forum I see the forum layout is a bit 'Nasty'.

I tryed too read some topic on this forum but it seems that the forum layout is not perfect.
The right part of the topics are lost and I can not read everything.
So you get: The right part of the topics are lost and I can not read ........?? HUH?
Maybee I must updated my explorer but this scares people away that are new on the forum or never join the forum because they can not read everything.
I have been on manny forums but never see this problem.

Sticky's and non-sticky's are hard too see from each other...maybee an other collor or a borderline under the sticky's are making things better too see.

Maybee I am lost in the forest but I try too help.
Did I see it wrong?
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Re: Nasty forum screen?

Post by Naggie »

Are you using Internet Explorer? if so, which version?
What screen resolution were you using?
What topic were you looking at? The only time a post should stretch the screen is if there's a big image in the thread.

~ Nag
Dooppie
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Dooppie »

Nagathi wrote:Are you using Internet Explorer? if so, which version?
What screen resolution were you using?
What topic were you looking at? The only time a post should stretch the screen is if there's a big image in the thread.

~ Nag
Thanks for the reply Nagathi.

I am using internet explorer version 6.0
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ ... lorer2.jpg

If I go too board index the problem is small, I have a scroll bar under and not much is lost.
See picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ ... nbord2.jpg

Now the main problem is the topic people post. the topic + replies of people are not 100% readable.
Picture of topic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ ... mwood2.jpg

No scroll bar under too go right/left and some text is lost at the right.
So I am missing letters/words of a start topic and reply.

My english is not 100%, I hope I makes things clear.

The screen resolution on my computer is: 800 x 600 pix. I know this is a bit low but no problems at other forums, If I have low resolution I get a scroll bar for it?

:sexy: :nod: I set my resolution higher and the problem is solved! :D :sexy:
All is readable!!
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

Most forums have big banners. Our banner is 750 pixels wide, and with a 10% space on both sides (and then some extra wrapping and padding around the banner) which makes the site probably around 950 pixels wide if not more. That makes your 800px wide screen stretch.

95% of all computers have 1024x768 or better screen resolution these days. And as a result of that, we webdesigners design sites that work in those formats. Working with fixed widths and heights is a real pain in the arse to make them work in all resolutions BTW :) Usually a well-designed site uses percentages of the sreen size. That way the page will look identical to all users. But the fixed width of our banner was the culprit for you.

I'm glad that we found the error and you managed to fix it. Let me know if you find something else that looks odd on the site.

~ Nag