Story Competition -- The End Times of the Elves!

Come here to play in role playing games, play in AoDs, or show off your latest story creation. This is also the place for fluff questions.

Moderator: Council of Elders

T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Story Competition -- The End Times of the Elves!

Post by T.D. »

Greetings Asrai,

What do you think of GW combining the Elves? For me it is a case of:

But, it if leads to higher participation in FB then I am willing to support it...

Your High Council has granted permission for the following message from Druchii.net:

"The dividing line between Asuryan and Khaine cuts through the centre of every Elven heart"
- Hotek, Priest of Vaul

We find ourselves to be living in interesting times. The Witch King has invaded Ulthuan and the Sword of Khaine has been pulled from its ancient rest. The Unliving Dead are rising in the East, and a tide of Chaos grows in the North. It is a crux of peril, where the harshest of all choices must be made; a choice that will sunder kin from kin, comrade from comrade, and subject from ruler. To follow the Rule of Law and trust in the Son of Aenarion? Or to give oneself utterly to the urge for destruction and carnage?

What will be the wisest choice in this, the End of Times?

Continues at: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=76111

As Asrai, the choice may not concern you as much as it does for the Asur and Druchii, but feel free to put on your fluff hat and come play!
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: wood elves

Re: Story Competition -- The End Times of the Elves!

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

The Asrai of the Golden Glades shall continue to uphold the rule of law. Specifically, the laws of nature. Not to be mistaken with the confused human hippies, our philosophers utilize metaphysics, epistemology, and logic to define ethics and aesthetics. The politics of both High and Dark have deviated from the true nature of the Elf. As a result, you have met with your darkest hour. We shall grant you asylum. Pray that Isha grants you reason, so that you might someday follow the example that my people have given you.
-Governor Trojanoak
"Herald of Athel Loren" Limited Edition Book #0165
AoS is the greatest!
T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by T.D. »

Governor Trojanoak and all other members of Athel Loren are invited to tell the story of their choice of Asuryan over Khaine :D
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Thanks for the invitation T.D. I'm sure there may be some wandering story tellers amongst us, who knows, perhaps they will find fantastical tales to bring back to the Forest...
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Balakul
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Space Orks, Space Wolves

Post by Balakul »

Guys... what happened with Lustria and new world? As far as I know Woodys are scattered there to? Aren't they?
Crobat Balakul
T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by T.D. »

Voting is now up for our Competition; feel free to Vote here: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=76220 (Closes 01 Jan 2015)

We've had some really top quality stories, including some with an Asrai flavour:
He had been told to wait and so he did.

Loec had whispered in dreams of the knife edged moment of opportunity this battle would provide; a mere moment to seize vengeance or salvation from the chaos of the clash between those chosen by Khaine and those chosen by Asuryan. And so Vali, Prince of The False Face, sat down on his haunches and waited. Swathed in shadow; arrayed about him were the archers and wardancers of Belac Agaith, hawk eyed killers pledged to the Trickster God’s cause. Though they had seen much of battle that past year and little of profit; they remained loyal to Vali and prepared to leap into the teeth of the hell before them with a blade and chuckle. For now they were protected from combat, kept in reserve on the inky paths of the Halls of Loec but when they made their move, it would be a storm of steel the equal of any force on the field; they would have the Laughing God’s tithe and they would exact a heavy price for it.
Continue Reading Here: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=76111