Bloody Shores campaign

Come here to play in role playing games, play in AoDs, or show off your latest story creation. This is also the place for fluff questions.

Moderator: Council of Elders

godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Bloody Shores campaign

Post by godswearhats »

In case anyone is interested, my gaming group is starting an 8-player campaign which will have quite a bit of online coverage over the coming months. I'll be bringing wood elves of course :-)

The forum is Dimensional Cascade, and the campaign is in Battlegrounds -> Bloody Shores.

~gwh
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Re: Bloody Shores campaign

Post by godswearhats »

OK - my first game has been decided. I've been challenged by the Night Goblin player, and we've agreed to play the Woodland Ambush scenario. He'll be bringing 2,999 points and I'll be fielding 1,500. I'll be posting a story on here shortly.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

The ancient trees of the forest looked like shrubs to Aradon from atop his new eagle's back. To the north, he could see the end of the trees, something that still made him shiver despite several weeks on this island. Even the word for island felt strange. He longed for the comforting vastness of Athel Loren, and the familiarity of Fainith, the eagle companion he had trained from a hatchling. Instead he was working with Gwaithel, a half-trained yearling who still resisted the bridle.

Movement to the south snapped him out of his reverie. He nudged Gwaithel with his left knee and was pleasantly surprised to have her bank immediately in that direction. As he dropped, the movement resolved itself into red and black shapes and eventually into a small warband of goblins. Their curious garb and herds of red creatures marked them as a different tribe to the spider-riding ones Aradon was more accustomed to dealing with, but greenskins were all the same: filthy and destructive vermin.

Gwaithel was obviously disappointed as he pulled her up to head back to report to Galadrieth, certain that he remained unseen. The goblin warband was on the move and heading toward the forest that was the Asrai home away from home, following a road almost as old as the forest itself. The kinbands that were here would be quickly mobilized, and the goblins would never know what hit them ...

(Check out the link at the top of the thread to read the rest of the stories being posted, including from the Goblins' point of view)
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

Aradon cursed Galadrieth under his breath. He had told her of the threat but she had refused to allow any of the kinbands to leave.

"Our work here is too important to be distracted by their ilk," she had said, looking at him as if he too had just crawled from some dark cave. He knew he was relatively inexperienced, but he felt that was not just cause to embarrass him in front of the gathered nobility. So, he had done what he felt he must and gathered his own kinband around him to head off the Night Goblin threat.

Belgornion had cautioned him against it, but in the end the venerable tree spirit had agreed to go along, even bringing some of his Dryads along to bolster to the numbers. And now here they were. Two score Asrai, the mighty Belgornion and his Dryads, and Aradon on Gwathiel: lying in wait as the vermin marched through the forest.

The first sounds came through the trees, followed swiftly by the overpowering smell of trolls. Aradon tried to count the greenskin numbers, but they didn't march with any real order, and their red 'pets' kept running around making it difficult to get an accurate count. Certainly more than 200. He took a sharp breath in through his nostrils. Outnumbered more than five to one.

Another band of trolls strolled into view, pulling a massive cart with some massive mutated cave monsters in it. And still more Goblins.

Aradon had only a moment to think that maybe Galadrieth had been right, because right then he heard the call of the winter sparrow. That was the signal from Aradith, his older twin sister and the leader in this ambush. It was time to attack ...
godswearhats
Elder of the Council

Post by godswearhats »

Galadrieth watched the twins and their small force leave, silently wishing them well and hoping they all came back in one peace. Goblins were vermin, and while this kind usually avoided the forests, she had dealt with their spider-riding brethren often enough to have allowed Aradith to accompany her brother on their ambush. She rubbed her temples, trying to soothe the headache that was building there.

She turned back to the large tent that was serving as her quarters while away from her grove in Athel Loren. Lord Talagan was waiting for her as she entered, looking over the maps the scouts had made of the island showing other forces and, more importantly, other forests in relation to the Asrai host she had brought with her.

"We should follow in the footsteps of your protégé," he said, without looking up. "I am certain that what we are looking for lies within the same forest where they are planning to strike." She came over to stand beside him and look down to where he was pointing. Inwardly she sighed, knowing that while she commanded here, Talagan's position and charisma influenced a much wider circle than she did. However, such leadership did not grant him any insight into the magical realm.

"Very well," she said. "I suspect it may not be so simple, but let us bring the bulk of our force there. At the very least we can bolster Aradith's troops in driving off the goblins, even if our search proves fruitless. Let us leave as soon as the remaining scouts return."

Several emotions crossed Talagan's face at once, but eagerness won out. He smiled and left without a word. Galadrieth sighed and rubbed her temples again, wincing, and at that moment it hit her. A flash, a vision of torture, pain and suffering, rot and filth. A smell of blood and corruption. She fell back onto the ground, gasping.

"Daemons!"