Treachery Aforth (WFB RPG) *ROLL CALL!*

Come here to play in role playing games, play in AoDs, or show off your latest story creation. This is also the place for fluff questions.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WE, Nurgle WoC

Re: Treachery Aforth (WFB RPG)

Post by Ryikko »

Thistledown wrote:
Whelan wrote:

Wardancer (18) + Unit champ (14) + plus one WS (10) + plus one attack (10) =42 points
I count 52...
As do I...Whelan, It's cool that you join, but we do need your character under 50 pts :roll:

On another note... Lets get this show on the road!
Atlarge wrote: It's not GW if you're not scraping off a dozen nonsensical skulls from each model.
Who clicks on these anyways?
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: 40K: Eldar, Space Wolves, Necrons Warhammer: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven

Post by Draketh Firewind »

I'm posting here so I don't clog up the IC thread with OOC, but to those who are playing their first RPG on the net read the thread The Way Of The RPG Part I & II by Darmort, it will help you
Mamimi Samejima from FLCL wrote:He who conquers the left side conquers the world chief
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL wrote:It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.
Supporter of the Rammie Spirit
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Draketh Firewind wrote:I'm posting here so I don't clog up the IC thread with OOC, but to those who are playing their first RPG on the net read the thread The Way Of The RPG Part I & II by Darmort, it will help you

Good advice Draketh. It's fairly easy to get the hang of though, so those of you who are new to this will get the hang of it soon enough :D
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Tomb kings, Dark elves, daemonhunters, Wood elves.

Post by almundis »

If it's not too late I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as well, just so that i don't get too involved in the sorded world of Inquisitor and go mad from paranoia. Will post up a character soon in this post ( and to all in the INQ RPG i will of course make that my priority ;D )

EDIT: Ok here he is, one of the stunties...
Name: Grimmjaw Drock
Apperance: Grimmjaw has his black beard woven into a thick plait with strings and beads. His head is shaven apart from his slayer Mohawk, which he has gelled into spikes with dry blood(think liberty spikes). He wields an enormous silver Axe that is as tall as he. He wears a long leather coat (by dwarf standards anyway). He wears black trousers with thick boots but wears nothing on his torso under the coat, proudly bearing the many scars that criss-cross his chest. His face is much the same as his chest, proudly demonstrating where his opponents failed to give him the honorific death he so desires.
Brief background: Grimmjaw was born into a family run tavern, there he grew up serving ales and brews to the various adventurers boasting their tales of riches, monsters and distant races. His mind would often wander and dream of leaving his family’s tavern and travelling the world slaying Giants and finding treasure. His wish would soon be granted. One morning the entire keep of Azag-Kul was awoken with warhorns, ringing throughout its caverns and halls.
The keep was being attacked by a horde of green-skinned Orcs. They struck quickly and violently, their savagery making up for their lack of discipline. For four days the halls were filled with fighting, pillaging and general destruction. The Drock’s family tavern was not able to avoid this and Grimmjaw soon found himself fighting with his aged father and three sons trying to defend the tavern. Grimmjaw fought with all his might, but he was cast aside with a blow to the head.
While the blow did not kill him, it did send him flying into unconscious haze. He awoke to find that the siege had been broken and all but a few pockets of Orc resistance remained inside Azag-Kul. However the Drock’s tavern no longer existed, its insides smashed and it’s walls painted with the blood of Grimmjaw’s family. Stricken with rage and sorrow, Grimmjaw picked up his father’s battle-axe. He hunted down any and every Orc he could find within the stronghold. Yet still his lust for vengeance could not be satisfied, so he took up the lonesome life of a slayer. Seeking death so that he may once again rejoin his family, but when he dies you can be assured he will fight till his last breath.
Weapons: Drock’s family Battle-axe
Character stats: M WS BS S T W I A Ld
3 5 3 4 4(5) 2 3 2(3) 10
Abilites: I was thinking that since he is a slayer he wears no armor, but I was wondering if he could have a special ability to represent his fighting skill at being able to deflect blows etc. similar to the wardancers dances (though obviously not so many)
Weapons & armour: Slayer weapons (counts as two hand weapons or a great weapon)

Slayer: 11- basic + 15 Giant slayer+10 (+1 toughness) + 10 (+1 Attack) = 46 pts
Last edited by almundis on 21 May 2008, 10:36, edited 2 times in total.

Auros Helyanwé
Weapons: 2x hand weapons, longbow, Light Armour
------------------ 5 5 5 3 3 1 5 3 8
Whelan
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves and Eldar.

Post by Whelan »

Thistledown wrote:
Whelan wrote:

Wardancer (18) + Unit champ (14) + plus one WS (10) + plus one attack (10) =42 points
I count 52...

So do I now actually, damn lack of 8-pont stuff. I'll lose the attack then.
ImageImage
Path of the Everchosen -Hephott Erjaz, Chosen of Nurgle
Treachery Afoth -Rowan Palaes, Wardancer of Loec
Born in Darkness -Sylder Reshaer, Spellsinger of Athel Loren
Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Ryikko »

Draketh Firewind wrote:I'm posting here so I don't clog up the IC thread with OOC, but to those who are playing their first RPG on the net read the thread The Way Of The RPG Part I & II by Darmort, it will help you
This would also be the place to say if you are going to be away for a little while, and assign control to other players while you're away. If the need arises, that is :sexy: .
Nice link BTW
almundis wrote: Abilites: I was thinking that since he is a slayer he wears no armor, but I was wondering if he could have a special ability to represent his fighting skill at being able to deflect blows etc. similar to the wardancers dances (though obviously not so many)
Weapons & armour: Slayer weapons (counts as two hand weapons-basic) + Great weapon

Slayer: 11- basic + 15 Giant slayer+ 8 Great weapon + 10 (+1 Attack) = 44 pts
Barrier doesn't cut it for ya? ;)
It's totally cool that you join a little late. We haven't really gotten far yet :roll:
Doesn't Slayer axes count as either a great weapon or two hand weapons? If so, why the Great weapon? (Besides fluff)

@ Whelan: Thanks for changing it :D
Atlarge wrote: It's not GW if you're not scraping off a dozen nonsensical skulls from each model.
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

Well i was going from the Slayers in the dwarf AB as i don't have my SoC book here in france and i couldnt find the slayer list on the inter-web

Auros Helyanwé
Thistledown
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: WF:Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Orc & Goblins 40k:Imperial Guard
Location: Tending the wounded in the forest north of the town of Reilsburg

Post by Thistledown »

almundis wrote:Well i was going from the Slayers in the dwarf AB as i don't have my SoC book here in france and i couldnt find the slayer list on the inter-web
Maybe the french book is different. The one i have here in Australia says Slayer Axes count as either a great weapon or two hand weapons. You have to choose which u are using at the start of combat and keep that choice till that combat is over.

You could always take the barrier power to give yourself a 5+save representing you deflecting blows with your axes
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

I'm using the english book, maybe im using the wrong edition, in mine it just says that slayers are armed with weapons that count as two hand weapons. But if i get a 5+ save and great weapon option for free then i will take that :D

EDIT hm even if i drop the GW that only leaves me with 14 pts which isn't enough for barrier... i suppose i could buy him a pistol...
Last edited by almundis on 21 May 2008, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

Auros Helyanwé
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

As I've said in the play thread, I'm having trouble with my internet at the moment. If I'm away from play for any period of time, Ryikko feel free to take control of Thibault :wink:

P.S Nice to have you with us Almundis :)
Thistledown
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: WF:Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Orc & Goblins 40k:Imperial Guard
Location: Tending the wounded in the forest north of the town of Reilsburg

Post by Thistledown »

almundis wrote:I'm using the english book, maybe im using the wrong edition, in mine it just says that slayers are armed with weapons that count as two hand weapons. But if i get a 5+ save and great weapon option for free then i will take that :D

EDIT hm even if i drop the GW that only leaves me with 14 pts which isn't enough for barrier... i suppose i could buy him a pistol...
Hmm maybe go for a toughness increase so you will be harder to wound. Ameal will keep u alive :D
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

Ok, dropped the GW and have gone for the toughness.

Auros Helyanwé
BladeWeaver_56
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Warhammer: Wood Elves, 40K: Black Templar

Post by BladeWeaver_56 »

Hey i was hoping to join if its not too late. I'll read the story.

I was deciding between a grail knight and iron breaker, but decided for the former.

Name: Sir Ian of O'Connor (Grail Knight)

Appearance: Neck-length blonde hair, a light amount of blonde facial hair (connecting mustache and beard), blue eyes, 6' 0" tall, average sized human, but very toned. His tapestry and cloth is a bright and valiant white, with spirals of vines and leaves coloured in bright greens. Upon his chest and shield is a mighty stag, a symbol of his families blood line of determination and valour.

Background: Sir Ian was once a nimble Knight of the Realm from Quennelles. Raised under the weathly family of O'Connor, he was given his father's kingdom upon his death. His home was in the middle of Brettonia, next to the large forest of Arden, just west of Gisoreux along the mountains. He quickly proved himself, by defending his home from the beastmen who rushed his castle from Arden forest only a few kilometers away. Of the beastmen that made it into his castle, he slayed with his ancient family Morning Star, the rest ran before him in terror. From here he soon became a questing knight and travelled to Lustria and Arabia. His trip soon led him to Athel Loren where he met the lady of the lake and became a Grail Knight. Since then he has made frequent trips there, and made friends amongst many Asrai. Now he travels to the East to take on yet another quest handed down to him by the lady...

Weapons & Armour: Hand Weapon, Lance, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Shield, Heavy Armour, Morning Star.
Stats: M WS BS S T W I A Ld
--------8--5---3--4-3-2-5-3-8
Abilities/Special Rules: Purebreed Warhorse , The Grail Vow

Total Points: 38 (Grail Knight) + 10 (Increased A) + Morning Star (hopefully only 2pts) = 50pts

BladeWeaver_56
2007 Season Game History to Date
Wood Elves

W T L
10 2 4
gokenin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by gokenin »

Are you going to let Bladeweaver join Ryikko, he could meet us in the forest or on the road couldnt he?
Treachery Aforth RPG
Óláfr Digr (Norsman)
Kills = 3 Gor 5 Ungor 2 Bestigor 3 Innocent Peasants 2 Cultists 1 Changer of Ways

Path of the Everchosen
Ubogoi Dam'ian (Undivided Sorcerer)
Abilities: +1 cast lore of fire
Kills = 8 GG
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

or valiantly ride in in the middle of our next fight
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Ryikko »

I've PMed him, but he hasn't returned it yet...
Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Ryikko »

t12161991's Char (because people asked):
Name: Victor Allewelt
Appearance: Darkish brown hair cut close to the head almost like a buzz cut. A slightly boyish face with a scar running from just above his right eye down to his jaw. About 5'10", very broad in the shoulders and chest. Clean shaven.
Brief background: Born in Hergig to a tailor, Victor quickly distinguished himself as one of the foremost fighters of that realm. First as a halbredier, then after he saved the Countess from the 'shrieking hordes of beastmen' (about 2 in reality) he was inducted into the Greatswords. After time, his skill even among them earned him the honor of Counts champion, serving much the same role as Ludwig Schwarzhelm does to the Emperor himself. While he has risen greatly in life, he also knows it and so acts rather arrogantly and rashly, especially in combat.

Victor had been hunting for weeks on end. He was looking for a monster against which he could prove his might. While Counts Champion was a high honor indeed, it was not enough. He wanted to be a Captain of Hochland; one of the few granted the authority to lead troops in battle without the count there. From here it was possible to enter one of the knightly orders, or indeed become an Elector Count himself. He had heard that Scabrender was a fearsome monster and it seemed like a good chance to prove his mettle. He started on the hunt, but unfortunately he had no idea of where to begin. Finally as he was passing through Dinhelm on his way to yet another monster's lair he fell from his horse (fluff only) and broke his leg. Since then he has been recuperating in a local inn: The Imperial Palace
Weapons: Deathbringer , Nifleim , Dragon's breath
Character stats: M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T3 W2 I3 A2 Ld8
Abilites: none
Weapons & armour: (weapons in same order as above) Greatsword, hand weapon, pistol, Full-plate
Greatsword, shield
10 + (champion) 12 + 1 S 10 + 1 WS 10 + pistol 12 (6 for hero) + Shield= 48

Almundis's (new) Char:
"bare-bones", just like he said :p

Auros Helyanwé
Shadow warrior = 16 +12 (champion)
+ 8 Additional Hand weapon
+10 (+1 BS)
=46 pts.

M-WS-BS-S-T--I-W-A-Ld
5--5--(5)-3-3-5-2-2-8
t12161991
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Tyranids, Empire (eventually)

Post by t12161991 »

heres mine

Name: Victor Allewelt
Appearance: Darkish brown hair cut close to the head almost like a buzz cut. A slightly boyish face with a scar running from just above his right eye down to his jaw. About 5'10", very broad in the shoulders and chest. Clean shaven.
Brief background: Born in the capital of Hochland, Hergig, to a tailor, Victor quickly distinguished himself as one of the foremost fighters of that realm. First as a halbredier, then after he saved the Countess from the 'shrieking hordes of beastmen' (about 2 in reality) he was inducted into the Greatswords. After time, his skill even among them earned him the honor of Counts champion, serving much the same role as Ludwig Schwarzhelm does to the Emperor himself. While he has risen greatly in life, he also knows it and so acts rather arrogantly and rashly, especially in combat.
Weapons: Deathbringer , Nifleim , Dragon's breath
Character stats(as you may have increased them using spare points): M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T3 W2 I3 A2 Ld8
Abilites: none
Weapons & armour: (weapons in same order as above) Greatsword, hand weapon, pistol, Full-plate
Greatsword 10 + champion 12 + 1 S 10 + 1 WS 10 + pistol 12 (6 for hero)+ shield 4 (2 for hero)= 48

Victor had been hunting for weeks on end. He was looking for a monster against which he could prove his might. While Counts Champion was a high honor indeed, it was not enough. He wanted to be a Captain of Hochland; one of the few granted the authority to lead troops in battle without the count there. From here it was possible to enter one of the knightly orders, or indeed become an Elector Count himself. He had heard that Scabrender was a fearsome monster and it seemed like a good chance to prove his mettle. He started on the hunt, but unfortunately he had no idea of where to begin. Finally as he was passing through Dinhelm on his way to yet another monster's lair he fell from his horse (fluff only) and broke his leg. Since then he has been recuperating in a local inn.

EDIT: oh... Ryikko already did it oh well
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
GreenGrocer
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Orcs and Gobbos, Wood Elves, Dark Elves

Post by GreenGrocer »

is it too late to join
Treachery Aforth:
Gritz
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

you might manage but Ryikko's away for a while so that could delay things or Beithir could have completely taken control for a bit
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Ryikko left everything in my (presumably) capable hands :D If everyone else is OK with another member, I have no problem with GreenGrocer joining. It's no more hassle for me, nor will it be for Ryikko. He's not back for about a month, so it'll pretty much be me for a while...

@GreenGrocer; if you're still interested, PM a character using the rules Ryikko stated in the original post :) If you can read fast enough, you may also like to read through the Play Thread to familiarise yourself with the characters although it's not necessary :)
gokenin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by gokenin »

I'm all for it :nod: , don't forget to post your guy in this thred so we all know what he can do :D
Treachery Aforth RPG
Óláfr Digr (Norsman)
Kills = 3 Gor 5 Ungor 2 Bestigor 3 Innocent Peasants 2 Cultists 1 Changer of Ways

Path of the Everchosen
Ubogoi Dam'ian (Undivided Sorcerer)
Abilities: +1 cast lore of fire
Kills = 8 GG
t12161991
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Tyranids, Empire (eventually)

Post by t12161991 »

no objection here. One suggestion though, we don't have a dwarf at the moment so...
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

t12161991 wrote:no objection here. One suggestion though, we don't have a dwarf at the moment so...

Don't force his hand :smirk:
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

So that's what you all are doing when you should be solving murders. I understand the need to keep this going Beithir ;)
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets