Treachery Aforth (WFB RPG) *ROLL CALL!*

Come here to play in role playing games, play in AoDs, or show off your latest story creation. This is also the place for fluff questions.

Moderator: Council of Elders

ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Re: Treachery Aforth (WFB RPG) *ROLL CALL!*

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

With the three points left from the start, I have 33 now. That's better. I'm going to re-post the whole character so any new player know just what sort of an SoB, Matthias is. :D :D

Name: Matthias van Hal (Witch Hunter)

Appearance: Dark and Grim. He is below average height and bulky, whether fat or muscle cannot be determined. His face is scarred both from cuts and burns, which gives him a very lop-sided appearance, with one side in a permanent frown. Wears stiff dark tall leather hat with silver Sigil of Sigmar on the front of the band under which his long straight grey hair hangs down at the back and sides. Other outer clothing and cloak is well-made but dark and non-descript. He wears a corslet and gorget with a metal stock covering the throat and another Sigil of Sigmar on the front. The stiff while collar of his blouse covers the stock on the sides. He rides a good, but small sturdy horse, more suited to travelling in rough country than speed, more endurance than flash.

Background: A veteran Witch Hunter. The rest is none of your business!

Weapons & Armour : Hand weapon (Rapier), repeating pistol (blessed by Sigmar), pistol (blessed by Sigmar), corslet and gorget (with vampire bite protection, counts as light armour), warhorse, several bags, and weapons cases, and anything else is none of your business!

Stats: M WS BS S T W I A Ld
--------8--4---5--3-3-2-3-1-7

Abilities/Special Rules: Fast cavalry and none of your business!

Total Points: 37 (Outrider Champion) + 10 (Increased WS) = 47pts

First upgrade 30+3 points I'm going for pure fluff. I'd like to upgade my stats, but the first upgrade, (assuming there is a second upgrade :D ) should be to improve the fluff, I think. This will also make him a lot more useful to the party, assuming that we operate in the Empire.

7 pts - Luck Charm (Sigmar's Blessing)(re-roll first miss in each skirmish)
7 pts - Holy Icon (Sigil of Sigmar)(+1 to hit & wound against undead and daemons. Does NOT effect run of the mill Chaos followers!)
8 pts - Healing Herbs (Sigmar's Balm)(Heals 1W. 3 uses/purchase)
10 pts - Streetwise: (Force of Authority; you don't mess with Witch Hunters). Well versed in haggling and all around conning, the user gets the best rates, guaranteed. +1 to Rarity rolls, and deduct 2D6 from price of all items bought from traders and store owners.

32 points.
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Whelan
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves and Eldar.

Post by Whelan »

Name: Rowan Palaes
Apperance: medium-length reddish hair, kept back from his face, he wears no shirt and his skin is addorned with blue tatoos in spiral patterns. He wields a pair of large blades.
Brief background:Rowan has moved between many kindreds, becoming a glade rider in his younger years, an armourer later, a herbalist as a hobby for some time, and finally a Wardancer, where he found his true calling and quickly became one of the most skilled in his troop, deciding to wander outside the confines of Athel Loren and andventure on his own.
Weapons: Wardancer weapons (+1 attack and +1 strength on the charge)
Character stats: M5 WS7 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I6 A2 Ld8
Abilites: Shadow Dances of Loec
Weapons & armour:Talismanic tatoos and Wardancer Weapons

Wardancer (18) + Unit champ (14) + plus one WS (10)=42 points

First upgrade 30+8 points
12 pts - Elven Blade (Rare 9; Exotic to Non-Elves, +1 to hit. Are considered Wardancer Weapons to WD characters)
5 pts - Contortionist: Wardancers Only. Through the most rigorous tests of time does a Wardancer finesse their dance to such a level that they can sustain a single performance for days upon end.
May use the same Shadow Dance in consecutive combat rounds.
15 pts - Bladesinger: No matter how outnumbered, the elf does not falter in combat. They merely whirl faster in their dance of death.
When charging a greater number of foes, outnumbered in a ratio of 3:1 or greater, user is granted an additional attack aimed at each additional enemy. May not grant more than 2 attacks in this way.
[Ex. If you are charging an enemy that outnumbers you, you get additional attacks to compensate. For each enemy over the second (so starting with the 3rd and so on), you may attack them for free, up to a maximum of 2 free attacks. (So you could land a hit against everyone in a 3:1 (+1A) and a 4:1 (+2A) situation, but not in a 5:1 situation (+2A)]
The upgrades come to 32 points, so I have 6 left for next time.
ImageImage
Path of the Everchosen -Hephott Erjaz, Chosen of Nurgle
Treachery Afoth -Rowan Palaes, Wardancer of Loec
Born in Darkness -Sylder Reshaer, Spellsinger of Athel Loren
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Name: Sir Thibault de Duchennay (Grail Knight)
Appearance: Shoulder-length dark hair, dark facial hair, grey-green eyes, 6' 2" tall, stocky build.
Background: One of the fastest knights to make the transition from a Knight of the Realm to a Questing Knight, Thibault spent 7 years travelling the Old World in search of the Blessing of the Lady. He travelled as far as the Mountains of Mourn during his quest, earning himself an almost unheard of amount of respect from the denizens of the far-eastern mountains. Due to his years fighting in the presence of Ogres, Thibault's fighting prowess is increased beyond that of a normal Bretonnian Knight. Upon returning to his homeland, Thibault received his epiphany and now serves the Lady of the Lake unquestionly until the day of his death.
Weapons & Armour: Hand Weapon, Lance, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Shield, Heavy Armour
Stats: M WS BS S T W I A Ld
--------8--6---3--4-3-2-5-2-8
Abilities/Special Rules: Purebreed Warhorse , The Grail Vow

Total Points: 38 (Grail Knight) + 10 (Increased WS) = 48pts

First upgrade 30+2 points
10 pts - Weapons Expert: Truly a jack of his trade, a Weapons Expert treats all the blades they pick up with equal skill and finesse.
May use Exotic weapons.
15 pts - Swordsman: The innate talent to humans of constant conflict gives them a rather close relationship with their weapon.
May re-roll missed hits when charging.
7 pts - Holy Icon (+1 to hit & wound against undead and daemons. Does NOT effect run of the mill Chaos followers!)

32 points
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
GreenGrocer
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Orcs and Gobbos, Wood Elves, Dark Elves

Post by GreenGrocer »

Should I post my character with the first upgrade now or should I wait until the next upgrade 'point'.
Treachery Aforth:
Gritz
Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WE, Nurgle WoC

Post by Ryikko »

GreenGrocer wrote:Should I post my character with the first upgrade now or should I wait until the next upgrade 'point'.
Unless you want Gritz to be country mile behind, I suggest you upgrade him ;)
Atlarge wrote: It's not GW if you're not scraping off a dozen nonsensical skulls from each model.
Who clicks on these anyways?
GreenGrocer
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Orcs and Gobbos, Wood Elves, Dark Elves

Post by GreenGrocer »

OK

Starting Character
Name: Gritz

Appearence: Pale blue skin (like most normal skinks) with large eyes. Wears Lustrian style golden ramshackle armour and a gold stud on top of crest. Small for a skink (which means he is very small) but with tough (again for a skink) hide.

Background: When Gritz first came out of the spawning pools he wasnt a special skink, in fact he was a little bit smaller than the others, but he had a sharp mind and could take a knock or two so he was made to work carrying long distance message between cities. He knew all the secret routes through Lustria, this came in good use when he was made to fight when the Elves attacked. But Gritz life changed when he and his band were captured by the elves. They were taken far away from there warm homelands to a place of cold. many of the other skinks died, but because Gritz was tougher and smaller he managed to dig his way out, collect his weapons and sneak on a ship going to the human lands. Gritz found the human land to be a strange and weird place and wondered if the Old Ones had sent him here to help destroy Chaos and return order. Gritz heard stories of a group of 'Adventurers' trying to kill a strange beast, he realised this is what the Old Ones had planned for him all along so he set out to find the 'Adventurers'.

Stats

M:6 WS:4 BS:5 S:3 T:3 W:2 I:4 A:1(+ 1 from extra hand weapon) Ld:5

Weapons and armour: Blowpipe, 2 hand weapons, lt armour

Special rules: Cold-Blooded, Aquatic(move without penalty through all water features), Scout, Blowpipe counts as poisened

Skink(6pts)+Brave(5pts)+ 2 extra WS(20)+ 1 T(10)+scout (1)+ 2 hand weapon (4)+ lt armour (2)= 48pts

First Upgrade

10 pts - Messenger: Skink only. Blessed with nimble feet, the small lizard was once a runner between Temples for the Slaan.
Adds an additional half of his Move rate when running/marching.
[Ex. Q'dxufjlepcjk, Runner of High Slann Priest Master Lord Gtsix'Zkhualxcv The Anointed of Sotek's Best Man has M6 and Messenger. His run is now 15" (6+6+3)]

10 pts - Poison (Rare 9; Exotic, your choice of melee/ranged weapon now has the Poison special rule.
If weapon already has that rule, then lower the required number by 1. Maximum 5+ to autowound. )
[Ex. aforementioned Skink, Q'whateverthef*ck, Runner of High Slaan Whogivesadamn has a blowpipe. He can purchase more poison and now any rolls of 5+ to hit automatically wound.]

10pts - Extra attack

Gone for fluff really although messanger skill can help me get in good positions for 5+ poisoned shots!
Treachery Aforth:
Gritz
gokenin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by gokenin »

Name: Óláfr Digr
Appearance: He stands 6’6” high with bright piercing green eyes and short thick curly dark brown hair, his chin is covered in a few days worth of stubble, his clothing is a mixture of dark browns and greys, dark green Saurus skin boots & gloves clad his extremities (that should slightly annoy any lizardmen), a suit of BlueBlack Half plate (Breastplate, Pauldrons, Bracers, Greaves) over a sleaved (only to elbow and knees) light chain shirt cover this, his helm Compleat with a chain aventail has a mask covering his eyes and nose, on his left hip is slung a longsword, mounted on his back with a leather strap is a round, steel bossed shield with a black raven on green background device, over all of this is a black bear skin cloak.
He also has a leather sling bag with rations and a canteen + a silver hipflask of Albonees Whisky

Brief background: Growing up in a Bjornling settlement in Norsca Olafr trained at the feet of his father who was mighty berserker, learning the way of the warrior with his elder brother whom he could always best with skill but never ferocity, for his family are true berserkers Were Bears and his brother is the greatest yet born to his clan, being more than able to take a joke, (a berserker who cant seem to summon the frenzy& to add to this no matter how hard he works he still has an annoyingly thick layer of fat across his mid section) even his thick skin could not take any more of his brothers annoyingly big mouth, Olafr left on a raiding expedition and hasn’t looked back since, he has raided and traded in several places, finally coming here after a dwarven induce drinking binge made him miss the departure time of his ship, he found employment guarding a caravan that is passing through the area.

Norse Huscarl (Chaos Warrior Template)
Character stats:
M: 4 WS: 7 BS: 3 S: 5 T: 5 W: 2 I: 5 A: 3 Ld: 8

Abilities: None
Weapons & Armour: Hand Weapon (Longsword), Heavy Armour (Halfplate), Shield

Total Points: 12(Warrior) + 12(Champion) + 1 (Shield) + 5(Chosen +1A, 4+save) + 10(+1 WS) + 10(+1 S) = 50 Points.
+
10 pts - Weapons Expert: Truly a jack of his trade, a Weapons Expert treats all the blades they pick up with equal skill and finesse.
May use Exotic weapons.
10pts – WS
10 pts – T
= 30pts
I went more fluff wise like AMA, thats why he has the +1T even though by the rules he's not meant too. If wont allow it i'll go for +1S instead :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the next upgrade "rubs hands together in anticipation" :D
Treachery Aforth RPG
Óláfr Digr (Norsman)
Kills = 3 Gor 5 Ungor 2 Bestigor 3 Innocent Peasants 2 Cultists 1 Changer of Ways

Path of the Everchosen
Ubogoi Dam'ian (Undivided Sorcerer)
Abilities: +1 cast lore of fire
Kills = 8 GG
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Re: Treachery Aforth (WFB RPG)

Post by Mist Walker »

Niirli leaned against the wall in the shadows, her sword's sheath, hiding an aura of pale blue from the sword within, propped against the wall beside her.At the mention of the beast's name Niirli involoutarily reached up to her face and her slender fingers slid down the smoothe ivory of her mask and then around to the raw tissue of her pointed ear. The beast would pay for her disfigurement, she tensed with frustration. For eleven years she had hunted for it. Using this forsaken town as a base. They didn't understand her hatred of the beast, couldn't understand the complexity of an elven mind.

The hall had began to empty, only a few remaining behind. She would wait till last. It was always better to remain anonymous. She had learnt that the hard way.

Hope that'll do for the background

Niirli is a bladelady (swodmaster champion)

Name: Niirli
Appearance: my avatar with add a bulge at the chest and pointed ears
Brief background: see above
Weapons: great weapon
Character stats: M5 WS7 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I5 A4 Ld8 (one extra attack and yet more weaponskill)
Abilites: 15 pts - Bladesinger: No matter how outnumbered, the elf does not falter in combat. They merely whirl faster in their dance of death.
When charging a greater number of foes, outnumbered in a ratio of 3:1 or greater, user is granted an additional attack aimed at each additional enemy. May not grant more than 2 attacks in this way.
[Ex. If you are charging an enemy that outnumbers you, you get additional attacks to compensate. For each enemy over the second (so starting with the 3rd and so on), you may attack them for free, up to a maximum of 2 free attacks. (So you could land a hit against everyone in a 3:1 (+1A) and a 4:1 (+2A) situation, but not in a 5:1 situation (+2A)]
15 pts - Raider: Quick to strike, and canny enough to run while the enemy's stunned, a brutal guerilla tactic indeed.
Hit and Run special rule. Previously struck enemy may not charge user during their phase.
Weapons & armour: heavy armour and I've already mentioned the great weapon
Points: swordmaster 15, champion 12, attack 10, weaponskill 10=47pts and second lot is 15+15=30
it's in there now, bladesinger and raider btw
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
The King In the Woods
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by The King In the Woods »

Name: Lathori Yendaith

Appearance: Tall, elegant and laid-back, with piercing dark green eyes appear to glow with fey magic, for wild riders are no longer fully elves. Although laid-back normally, in the crucible of battle he usually reveals his more ferocious side. Shoulder-length dark brown hair shadows the scars across the left side of his neck and down to his shoulder. Like most Wild Riders, he wears no upper body clothing aside from a thick brownish-gray wolf skin cloak laid across his broad shoulders, showing his trim, yet muscle-bound figure covered in swirling blue tattoos. He does, however wear brown leather bracers, boots, and pants also with swirling blue designs printed across them. He carries a long spear with numerous charms tied just below the spear tip including feathers and talons from birds of prey and claws and fangs from various forest predators. He also carries a shield of white oak with Charoi, the elven rune for strength and ferocity, painted in green on its face. His gray elven steed also sports the same swirling tattoos as well as countless severed beastman heads tied to its saddle.

Background: Just as with many of individuals hunting Scabrender, Lathori's is for personal vendetta. About 25 years ago, soon after he was chosen to become a Wild Rider, a horde of beastmen led by Scabrender attacked his family's sacred glade and slew his parents and older brother. From that moment forth, he dedicated his life to hunting and killing any beastmen he could find, vowing to his younger sister that he would avenge their parents' and brother's deaths and take Scabrender's head as a symbol of his vengeance.

Weapons & Armor: Beastbane (spear), hand weapon, thick wolf skin cloak (light armor), shield, elven steed

Stats: M9 WS5 BS4 S4 T3 W2 I5 A3 Ld9

Abilities/Special Rules: Fast Cavalry, Forest Spirit, Talismanic Tattoos, The Fury of Kurnous

Total Points: Wild Hunter (44) + Shield (4) = 48

First Upgrade: 32 points. Fluffyfied new weapon and a stat upgrade.

Executioner's Axe (Greatsword of Petrified Ironwood) 18 pts.
+1 Attack 10 pts.
Last edited by The King In the Woods on 25 Feb 2009, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
Wins-26 Draws-0 Losses-1
Way Watcher
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood elves, High elves, Brets, considering Skaven, Gobbos

Post by Way Watcher »

Name: Nimraith Shadowstalker

Appearance: Nimraith’s features are barely seen beneath the cowl and folds of his forest stalker’s cloak. Without this garment however his long, angular face is revealed. Like all elves his ears are pointed and his long, black hair, flecked with grey, flows down just over his shoulders. His face, although plain, is slightly handsome and despite his age his blue eyes still sparkle. Years of rough living in the wilderness of the Old World has forced Nimraith to adapt; his muscles are as strong as the greatest of elves and his eyes are sharper than most.

Brief Background: At a young age Nimraith realised he was different to most elves. Despite being born into a noble family he didn’t have the natural knack for politics that almost all of his kin are born with. As well as this he found social situations awkward and rarely attended the many festivities held in the hall of his family. To escape he headed into the depths of Athel Loren, only planning to spend the day there before returning home to his hall. As the sun began to set the strangest of things happened; Nimraith couldn’t find his way home. The forest wouldn’t let him return; somewhat frightened and somewhat relieved Nimraith began to learn survival skills. As he grew he became stronger and was eventually approached by a company of waywatchers. They took Nimraith with them to help turn back a group of beastmen invaders. At the end of the brief encounter the elves dispersed leaving Nimraith to contemplate what it meant to be a waywatcher. For many years Nimraith silently defended the borders of Athel Loren, it was during this time that he began to be called Shadowstalker by his fellow waywatchers, due to his silent tread. After over a century of repelling would be invaders Nimraith Shadowstalker decided it was time to move on. He left the borders of his woodland realm to seek out further threats against his kin. Over the last fifty years of his life he has slain many beasts of different shapes and sizes and often acts as a spy; gathering information about enemies and allies alike. When he returns to Athel Loren, usually once per year, he delivers his findings to the Elven Nobility who are always thankful of the work he does.

Character Stats: M5 WS4 BS6 S4 T3 W2 I5 A1(+1 with 2 hand weapons) Ld8

Weapons, Armour and Items: Two hand weapons,longbow, light armour, healing herbs

Abilities and Special Rules: Lethal shot, forest stalker, hunter, trick shooter

Total Points: 24 (waywatcher), 8 (shadow sentinel upgrade), 10 (+1 strength), 4 (light armour), 10 (hunter), 15 (trick shooter), 8 (healing herbs) TOTAL = 79 points

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST UPGRADE: 34 points to spend. (I've gone for all of the fluffy upgrades!)

10 pts - Hunter: A true master of the woods and stalking the shadows. (my character is called 'The Shadowstalker' by his kin :D)
Special setup, much like a scout. User's choice to place character in cover after battlemap has been drawn.
If the character already has the Scout special rule, Hunter will extend the setup of the Scout rule: seen here.

15 pts - Trick Shooter: Eyes keen and trained, even the smallest opportunity poses a chance for a kill against a concealed foe.
Ignore all cover modifiers.

8 pts - Healing Herbs (Heals 1W. 3 uses/purchase)

TOTAL - 33 points

I've updated the above profile with these three things added. I do have one question though for future reference. Would the elven cloak (if I bought one) cancel out the effects of my forest stalkers special rule since I wouldn't be able to wear it and my stalker's cloak? Currently the stalker's cloak is the main fluff reason behind the forest stalkers special rule, which provides an additional -1 to hit penalty when I am being shot at and allow me to setup in the waywatcher way.

If almundis goes for similar upgrades we will have two very similar characters. Almundis, If you would like me to change any of my upgrades so that Auros and Nimraith remain unique then I grudgingly will, you did get here first after all. :smirk:
~ Way Watcher
The Virgin Forest wrote:BTW: Most memorable use of treekin was when they sandwiched a full unit of phoenix guards containing an archmage with a treeman up the rear :cool:
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Tomb kings, Dark elves, daemonhunters, Wood elves.

Post by almundis »

I can't remember my character's exact points, but Auros will take the lethal shot and hunter upgrades.

Waywatchr: play as you want, it cant hurt to have two scouting characters.

Auros Helyanwé
Weapons: 2x hand weapons, longbow, Light Armour
Character stats: M WS BS S T W I A Ld
------------------ 5 5 5 3 3 1 5 3 8
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: 40K: Eldar, Space Wolves, Necrons Warhammer: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven

Post by Draketh Firewind »

Name: Shasha Fellhand

Appearance: Shasha stands at about 4” 10', her body petite, she has unblemished paper white skin and smooth pale white hair that reaches down to her shoulders. Her dark brown almost black eyes stand out as they seem to laugh at everything no matter what it is. Shasha wears a elegant, black, long sleaved dress, it has white trimming around the end of each sleeve and the bottom of her dress. A small black headband rests on the top of her head.

Brief background: Shasha comes from the Iyanden clan, the clan resides in the southslands. When she young, her eldar Spiritseers discovered that she was able to talk to the spirits. With this in mind she was quickly placed in the care of the spiritseers guild. From then on the people from the guild taught her how properly commune with the spirits of the world. She was the youngest spiritseer ever, the clans current high priest saw that she was going to be the greatest of their number so he saught to keep her but he failed as he she ignored his many promises of power. In his anger he attempted to set malicous spirits on her but he failed again as she escaped to the north, to the Empire. Shasha carries a small wooden puppet with her, Shasha claims that the puppet can move and talk but no one else has seen this happen.

Character stats: (Using DoW Hireling Wizard stats)
M:4 WS:3 BS:3 S:3 T:3 W:2 I:3 A:1 Ld:7

Abilites: None
Weapons & armour: Hand weapon, Scythe (Halberd)
Spell: The Dark hand of Death

Total Points: 40 (Wizard) + 8 (Halberd) = 48

First upgrade: 30 +2
Strandseer (15) + Lucky charm (7) + WS (10) = 32

PS: My upgrades aren't really fluffy except for the strandseer since well...what else is there in the lists that is fluffy for my character?
Mamimi Samejima from FLCL wrote:He who conquers the left side conquers the world chief
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL wrote:It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.
Supporter of the Rammie Spirit
gokenin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by gokenin »

Draketh Firewind wrote:PS: My upgrades aren't really fluffy except for the strandseer since well...what else is there in the lists that is fluffy for my character?

What about the original mage upgrades Draketh, they are still legal aren’t they?

Re-bound:
10pts-may cast the spell in a chain re-bounding it twice. On a 6+ the spell re-bounds onto another with half of the spell damage. Again must roll a 6+ for it to re-bound with half spell damage

Explode:
10pts-the spell may hit its target and explode. 1 the spell explodes before it gets far enough away from the caster who takes d3 strength 3 wounds. 2-5 the spell explodes hitting the the main target and on a 4+ wounds the person next to the target with d2 strength 3 wounds 6 the spell hits target and causes hits plus 1 and hits two targets next to the main target for d2 strength 3 wounds

Concentration:
10pts-1-4 nothing 5 +1 to cast, 6 +2 to cast
Treachery Aforth RPG
Óláfr Digr (Norsman)
Kills = 3 Gor 5 Ungor 2 Bestigor 3 Innocent Peasants 2 Cultists 1 Changer of Ways

Path of the Everchosen
Kills = 8 GG
t12161991
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Tyranids, Empire (eventually)

Post by t12161991 »

*Rubs hands together* Excellent...

Name: Victor Allewelt
Appearance: Darkish brown hair cut close to the head almost like a buzz cut. A slightly boyish face with a scar running from just above his right eye down to his jaw. About 5'10", very broad in the shoulders and chest. Clean shaven.
Brief background: Born in the capital of Hochland, Hergig, to a tailor, Victor quickly distinguished himself as one of the foremost fighters of that realm. First as a halbredier, then after he saved the Countess from the 'shrieking hordes of beastmen' (about 2 in reality) he was inducted into the Greatswords. After time, his skill even among them earned him the honor of Counts champion, serving much the same role as Ludwig Schwarzhelm does to the Emperor himself. While he has risen greatly in life, he also knows it and so acts rather arrogantly and rashly, especially in combat.
Weapons: Deathbringer , Nifleim , Dragon's breath
Character stats(as you may have increased them using spare points): M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T3 W2 I3 A2 Ld8
Abilites: none
Weapons & armour: (weapons in same order as above) Greatsword, hand weapon, pistol, Full-plate
Greatsword 10 + champion 12 + 1 S 10 + 1 WS 10 + pistol 12 (6 for hero)+ shield 4 (2 for hero)= 48

Victor had been hunting for weeks on end. He was looking for a monster against which he could prove his might. While Counts Champion was a high honor indeed, it was not enough. He wanted to be a Captain of Hochland; one of the few granted the authority to lead troops in battle without the count there. From here it was possible to enter one of the knightly orders, or indeed become an Elector Count himself. He had heard that Scabrender was a fearsome monster and it seemed like a good chance to prove his mettle. He started on the hunt, but unfortunately he had no idea of where to begin. Finally as he was passing through Dinhelm on his way to yet another monster's lair he fell from his horse (fluff only) and broke his leg. Since then he has been recuperating in a local inn.

32 points to spend...

Streetwise- 10 points
Nuln Experimental Rifle- 20
Or... Horsie! 20
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
The King In the Woods
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by The King In the Woods »

Just wondering Ryikko, have our upgrades already taken affect, or are you still rolling about stuff? I wanted to write up a little fluff section behind my new greatsword if they'd already been instated. No rush though.
Wins-26 Draws-0 Losses-1
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

How about a Nuln Experimental Horsie :D :D I leave it up to your imagination what the might mean and do.

Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!

Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WE, Nurgle WoC

Post by Ryikko »

The King In the Woods wrote:Just wondering Ryikko, have our upgrades already taken affect, or are you still rolling about stuff? I wanted to write up a little fluff section behind my new greatsword if they'd already been instated. No rush though.
Abilities are already in effect and gear will come short after.
Atlarge wrote: It's not GW if you're not scraping off a dozen nonsensical skulls from each model.
Who clicks on these anyways?
peterhof
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE, LM, E

Post by peterhof »

name: Kalah Ungiss

appearance: like a temple guard should look, stegadon helm, lizarmen traits, 2meters tall (6'+?), tough hide, light armour made of bone and the shield made of red scales. His colour is black and he has yellow eyes.
he looks roughly like this;

background: Kalah and his unit where dispatched by their slann about 500 years ago from their home of Lustria. Their mission was to rid the world of magic corrupting chaos. The Slann knowing that the Temple guard would meet and mabe need the help of humans or other races gave them the ability of speach. 100 years ago while he and his temple guard where fighting with warriors of chaos at the northern borders, a choas mage; that also was an adept in the foul magic of tzench killed off his whole unit in a single spell. Kalah who was blessed by the mark of the old ones, managed to survive that spell only due to this bless of the gods, he lost conciance nonetheless. When he came by he knew something was off and he noticed his skin was dark as night instead of the pure white that proved his spawning. The gods had protected him in his time of need but this had come with a cost. His unit gone he continued his duty, wandering alone and sometimes in group.

personality: Kalah is quiet and more observing at first, but due to his long stay in the world of men he has learned to appreciate them, he has great admiration for the elves. He starts to loosen up when he know his companions more and is always trying to learn new things. He has the worst sence of humour though, however he still tries to improve that though he doesn't understand it.

weapons: HW, halberd, shield, la

Temple guard+champ (30)+1S(10)+1T(10)
50 points total
M4 WS4 BS0 S5 T5 W2 I2 A3 Ld8

thick skinned( 5+AS)+ la+sh= 3+AS
cold blooded ( don't know what that may do)
sacred duty (no real advantage I guess )

I also revised the temple guard as from the new book (the shield and la are included in the price now)
I hope that isn't a problem and so I added 1T on the previous statline due to the gain of points
and with the upgrade:

Brute(10), +1T(10) --> if that is too much let me know, GW(8)
total: 28

New stats:

M4 WS4 BS0 S5 T6 W2 I2 A3 Ld8
You can push, but I will push back...only harder, much harder.
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General

OOC: Matthias is a real and veteran Witch Hunter who takes his job very seriously. He despises lazy Witch Hunters who see evil under every rock and railroad some local yokel, burn them at the stake and proclaim victory. A few innocents have gotten caught up in his purges becuase he takes no chances, but he is not a superstitious fool. That also explains why, as comparatively senior he is, he is patrolling this out-of-the-way spot and has no Acolyte(s) at the moment; he's not flashy enough.

He is definitely a 'Know thine enemy' style of Witch Hunter and accordingly not entirely trusted by his own establishment.

Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!

t12161991
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Tyranids, Empire (eventually)

Post by t12161991 »

AMA, wrong thread methinks.
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General

I don't think so. I thought that the OOC stuff is supposed to go here to keep the play thread cleaner.

Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!

t12161991
Campaign Team

Post by t12161991 »

Meh, I never pay all that much attention to the rules... :p
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General

But you are young, and not an Administrator. :D

Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!

gokenin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by gokenin »

ArchMagosAlchemys wrote:But you are young, and not an Administrator. :D
:p Looks upon Grandmaster AMA in all his green 3 foot glory hobbling accross the Glade dressing down the foolish young padawhans. :p

"Young Master Administrator are we, but fool I am not, again never I will, yes, hmmmmm"
Humbly replies gokenin as he bows to the elders wisdom

Draketh Firewind wrote:OOC: It's ok WW, how about next time something like this happens he can think or assume that it's magic since to him it's the only reason but make sure that everyone know that he's only assuming/thinking it's magic and not "It must be magic because he posted that he was using magic!" It's just that's what your post seemed like but as I said before, your on a learning curve and you can only go up :)
No he can't I am resolutely staying on the bottom of the curve and i need someone to keep me company :evil: , I get really lonely down here :cry:
Treachery Aforth RPG
Óláfr Digr (Norsman)

Path of the Everchosen
Kills = 8 GG
Way Watcher
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood elves, High elves, Brets, considering Skaven, Gobbos

Post by Way Watcher »

Awwww, poor gokenin is lonely! :p I wouldn't worry about me leaving you too soon though, that is unless I keep getting advice from the others. Thankyou very much for helping me out Draketh! I shall take all input on board.
~ Way Watcher
The Virgin Forest wrote:BTW: Most memorable use of treekin was when they sandwiched a full unit of phoenix guards containing an archmage with a treeman up the rear :cool: