Are Glade Guard a must have?

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

i usually play with 2x10 GG and for me they're one of the units that performs consistantly!! (along with WW, GR and WR) i consider them a must personally and the added bonus of move & shoot plus str.4 at short range can be crucial if it's used well

its also v.fluffy!!!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

I never go without two units of them.

I played my first 3000 pt game and wished I had 4 units that game.

The units are best used in pairs as 20 at long range will knock off a rank and short range will knock off almost 2 ranks. Or at least my rolling does.
Althathir
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Althathir »

I like GG a lot. Im not going to try and say that they are the most effiecent unit out there, but they aren't terrible. The main factor in deciding to use them or not is to decide what their role in your army is going to be. For example I tend to try and destroy Fast Cav. with mine so that I can control the table with my own fast Cav. and it works out all right for me. Once you have an ideal of how you would use them, just see if they are neccesary in the first place in other words do you have other units that can fulfill that task for you. If you do then I wouldn't worry about it that much.