2500 pts swecomp

Moderator: Council of Elders

firenz
Newcomer
Newcomer

2500 pts swecomp

Post by firenz »

Hey, im going on a tournament here in Sweden in april. it uses the swedish comp system, im not allowed to go under 12.

Link to the swedish comp system: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgb5pfb7y1afp ... 1.12.1.pdf

This list is somewhat based on the models I have, probably not gonna buy more before their rumored release.

Lords:

Ancient Treeman

Spellweaver lvl 4 lore of life, 50pts of items, not really sure what yet. Maybe mr and stand with larger GG unit.

Heroes:

Noble, GE, GW, Armor of Destiny, shield

Noble, BSB, asyendis bane, stone of the crystal mere?

Branchwraith, pageant of shrikes

Core:

GG x 10 musician

GG x 10 musician

gg x 10 musician, champ

gg x 14 musician, champ, banner of eternal flame.

Dryads x 9

Special:

Treekin x 6

Rare:

Treeman

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

2497pts Comp: 12

First time playing WE in a tournament. I know they are pretty weak in a low comp environment. My treemen will probably eat cannonballs all day, but I like the models (lotr ones). Any advice is appreciated
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Beastmen, lizardmen, wood elves, orcs and goblins

Re: 2500 pts swecomp

Post by Drstrangelove »

You'll want cluster of radiants and annoyance of nettlings on the TMA/branchwraith. Personally I prefer the AON on the branchwraith as I prefer the TMA to not be stuck in challenges.

How is the difference in comp score being applied? If it's straight up battle point swing than you are much better off bringing a weaker WE list (12 is about the hardest one can feasibly make tbh) as it isn't much weaker power wise but looks much better on Swedish.
".....and you are ugly! But it the morning I shall be sober!"
firenz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by firenz »

It's just threshold comp. Meaning you can't go under 12 but it has no other effects like vp bonuses. I would love to afford those, but I don't know what to cut.
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Drstrangelove »

Drop the shrikes on the branchwraith and borrow some of the 50 points from the spellweaver.
Or drop a few gg
firenz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by firenz »

I meant afford compwise. Nettling is 2 comp and cluster is like 4. Branchwraith is only in cause she doesnt comp anything.
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Drstrangelove »

drop back to less than 40 GG. Those extra 5 are costing you heaps of comp points.
firenz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by firenz »

Yeah i might do that, but i really want that critical mass of gg.
firenz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by firenz »

And I just realised i put this in the wrong subforum. À mod is welcome to move it.
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Drstrangelove »

firenz wrote:Yeah i might do that, but i really want that critical mass of gg.
Swedish comp (indeed all comp systems) are all about compromise. I'd take cluster of radiants/AON over 5 glade guard every time.

You are virtually running the hardest list that WE can run under swedish. I've never hit 12 with any list I've written. It hasn't really been written with avoiding comp hits in mind (bar the branchwraith), as virtually every unit is hitting the hardest comp point achievable. Other options if you want to keep all the glade guard:
-swapping from Life to beasts. There are only two good spells in Life for your list: regrowth and Dwellers, plus the lore attribute that is very handy for your big trees. Compare this to Beasts: literally every spell you can get mileage out of, as you have THREE combat characters to buff, MANY targets for Wildform, war machines are going to be a concern so flock of doom even finds a use.........and of course Amber Spear is simply amazing in nearly every match up.
-Drop back from 6 to 5 treekin. Again, 6 is the number at which they start getting comped to blazes, so the trick is to avoid this in your list writing (unless you are making compromise elsewhere to fit it in)