How Many Dryads do you Need?

Moderator: Council of Elders

popisdead
Former Council Member

How Many Dryads do you Need?

Post by popisdead »

Jamesaet3 wrote:A branchwraith is actually really good, especially with a champion.
With Wissan's that is a lot of S5 attacks, if only you could give the BW the Fencer's blades and couple it with Curse of Anraheir.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
brechttomme
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Tomb Kings, Wood Elves, Kislev

Re: How Many Dryads do you Need?

Post by brechttomme »

At 2000 points, I've mostly used 2 units of 8 Dryads (with a total of 70 GG, so the ratio is definitely not 1:1 there!). I find they are very effective for their points cost. Other than the flanking/screening use, I have found them useful to set up double-flee situations. That trick is literally the foundation of my list. You get two units of GG in front of each other, and they flee through each other making it impossible for the enemy to complete their charge. The risk is, though, that the second unit of GG will panic and flee further than the first unit, thus exposing that first unit to the original charge. If there is a unit of Dryads behind that second GG unit (which will never panic thanks to ItP), they are usually ready for an easy countercharge the next turn. Even if it's just a single unit of GG fleeing through them, it's often difficult for an opponent to successfully redirect and make the distance to the Dryads unit.

That seems like a complicated explanation... Sorry for that :confused:
It's easier to see on video, especially the battle reports that Tom Richards made, as Mollesvinet has said, it's really too bad that they've been taken down. :cry: