Any links or advice on FS army?

Moderator: Council of Elders

northoceanbeach
Newcomer
Newcomer

Any links or advice on FS army?

Post by northoceanbeach »

I'm sure it's been done, ut I can't use the search engine because it ignores my every word. I'd like to find as much info as I can on forest spirit armies, and what they consist of and how well they do. I reallt have a thing for treekin, I really do.

I was thinking someting alng the lines of:

Ancient
2 branchwraiths
Wild RIder lord

24 dryads

12 treekin
6 winldriders

treeman

AM I missing some units that in FS armies? And is my setup way off?
quasihayley
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: Any links or advice on FS army?

Post by quasihayley »

Not sure if you were just ignoring units, but just in case, split your dryads up into 3 units of 8. You may want to do the same with the Tree Kin but I don't know a great deal about them so I could be wrong.

You can have a Glamourweave Spellsinger if you want one, the Glamourweave kindred makes them a forest spirit.
Deepwood
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Deepwood »

FS armies can be great fun - I have played one a couple of times, and enjoyed the results vs high elves and dwarves

I believe AMA uses one alot....

Definitely split your dryads in units of 8

Less treekin? I would not take more than 2 units of 4, and use the rest of the points for dryads, or perhaps WRs

I also find a BSB is very useful in a FS army - keep him out of the way but near to the fighting nonetheless!
Deep in the wood there is death, and love. None can tell which awaits them. And none leave, whichever they find.
Herald
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Herald »

A search on 'Drycha' came up with some:
forest spirit list help
fs just for fun 2250
Loren Spirit Host

This should cover the basics. ;)
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

In fact, I started with a FS army 'cause it seemed cool, but the first 1500 points proved to be unsuitable for my style of play so I do not use that build, nor do I generally recommend it.

All FS is too limited for me. Limited magic, almost no shooting, limited magic items, limited mobility, and limited tactics because of ItP.

I faced a good number of gunlines, especially Dwarf ones with flaming magic warmachines and FS have no reliable way to beat them regularly in open terrain, and other armies rapidly evolved to field their best anti-FS kit to the point that had little chance in any battle.

An all-FS army is a fast, elite, close-combat infantry army, but with limited options against ranked units; too much luck and not enough general for my taste.
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets