How to Use Eternal Guard

Moderator: Council of Elders

popisdead
Former Council Member

Re: How to Use Eternal Guard

Post by popisdead »

In the grand scheme of things very few players are using ETC rulings. There may be some tournaments here and there and a little internet coverage but that doesn't mean they re-wrote our Army Book.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

They have a 2++ ward vs magic, so really the only thing that will wreck them from a distance is template weapon, which aren't terribly accurate. I've certainly had them whittled down before getting into combat, but they usually survive quite well considering. People are usually more interested in killing the entirely unprotected Glade Guard, or the more obviously scary Treeman.

I'm definitely looking forward to ASF (we don't play with any comp in my area) and I only roll out the Eternal Guard for particular match ups. I've yet to take them to an all-comers tournament (primarily because I have alternate models that aren't that great and so aren't painted yet).
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
Blackcat
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Imperial Guard, Eldar

Post by Blackcat »

Ive been running a block of 30 to every tournament I have been to. Primarily because I just cant seem to get the hang of the msu wood elves. They just seem to crumble to everyone I play against. Not so when I have an eternal guard deathstar, treekin and treeman.
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Good for you Blackcat :thumbsup:
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"