Hour of the Wolf Campaign on Asur.org

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Yak
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Hour of the Wolf Campaign on Asur.org

Post by Yak »

The new campaign on Asur.org is in the offing. Their past campaigns have been excellent (I particularly enjoyed leading the force that reduced Karaz-a-Karak to rubble in the War of the Beard Campaign). But this one will be better, for one simple reason: The asrai play a main part in it!

This campaign is set at a different time to the previous campaigns on Asur, and will invlove more factions. Confirmed factions are: Asur, Asrai, Dwarves, Skaven and mortal Nehekharans

It won't start for a while (like in the new year), but they have already started putting up background stuff here. Join Asur.org, and when it starts - rally to Orion's banner!
Yak's 1st Law: Take an eagle if you have a free rare slot
Yak's 2nd Law: There are 4 reasons to take a highborn
Yak's 3rd Law: If you have a treeman and a free Lord slot, make it an Ancient
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

I'm there.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

I'm there, as I have been for quite a while (since before the Sundering actually). I'll probably play High Elf though. Now I just have to figure out a way to kill off my old character...
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

I have quite high profile in the High elf camp. I hope to be able to form a joint asur-asrai force, if possible.
Myself, I will play HE tough, a somewhat vicious but noble character...
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Eltharon
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Eltharon »

NightKnight wrote:I'm there, as I have been for quite a while (since before the Sundering actually). I'll probably play High Elf though. Now I just have to figure out a way to kill off my old character...

Its quite a bit in the future. All you need to say is that he got old and died :)
The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows...
Ithildir Hawk-eye
The Wanderer
Armies I play: Dwarfs, Wood Elves

Post by Ithildir Hawk-eye »

Im there, but torn between the Asrai and my fledgling Dwarf force... :blink:
Co-founder

Dwarfs of Karak Kadrin
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

Eltharon wrote:
NightKnight wrote:I'm there, as I have been for quite a while (since before the Sundering actually). I'll probably play High Elf though. Now I just have to figure out a way to kill off my old character...

Its quite a bit in the future. All you need to say is that he got old and died :)
I'm slightly torn between a glorious death in battle (like everyone else ;)), or something different, like age or murder or something.

Are you Eltharon the Fair on Asur?
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

NightKnight wrote:I'm slightly torn between a glorious death in battle (like everyone else ;)), or something different, like age or murder or something.
Be original and go with age. There's already a few others doing murder, and more people than I care to think about chose death in battle.
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Prince of Arnheim
Willow Warrior of Wascana
Armies I play: Dark Elves and Skaven

Post by Prince of Arnheim »

No Dark Elves are in it?
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Nope, we are up against a mortal Nehekhara lead by Nagash.

All of you who joins are welcome to join the Homeguard of Sarthalior. I will happily have both asrais and asurs under my command.
The Homeguard was the but of many jokes last campaign, but we ended up fighting more and being bigger than any of the "legions". My philosophy as commander is to divide the Guard into cohorts of 3-5 players, each under its own commander. I supply a mission to the commander via PM and he or she informs his underlings.

I expect the players under my command to use initiative and be creative. If I order a cohort to defend a certain spot, I expect that defence to be conducted as a mobile defence. That means it is okay, even appreciated in my eyes, if you are in the enemy area closest to the one being defended, raiding and harrassing. As long as you can get back in time, it is better to be stuck in, tying down enemy forces, than sitting on your butt doing nothing other than rolling your thumbs, waiting for the enemy to come to you.'
The more you fight, the more expirience points you get, and the more troops you can buy and replenish. We where rather successful last time.

And we do attack too, it is just that we are more of a defence/raiding force than one that do major offensives. The thing with major offensives is that you need a larger force than the enemy to capture an area, meaning that many will not get to fight. If you raid properly, matching your numbers against the enemy, everyone will get to fight.
This will not capture territory, but it will bring you a lot more expirience and in the end, when the enemy thinks...
"Oh, it is just those damn Homeguard raiders..." one can consentrate the forces and suddenly overwhelm an area by suprise.

"March divided, fight together."

Protect Athel Loren! Join the Homeguard of Sarthalior!
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

Prince of Arnheim wrote:No Dark Elves are in it?
They haven't been introduced yet, though I have a feeling they'll show up.
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

Nagathi will definitely join. However, I do not know with what character yet. And I do not know if time permits me to be very active...

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
tramq0193

The Best phentermine and Tramdol Directory on Web

Post by tramq0193 »

Post edited by Nagathi ~ Ad Bot
KellyTeenz

Useful sharing here

Post by KellyTeenz »

Post edited by Nagathi ~ Ad Bot
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Advertising Bots removed, and IPs banned.
If you see any more, keep reporting them.

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Fingol Darkwater
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Fingol Darkwater »

I've said it before and I'll say it again- My name's Fingol, and I'll be corrupting your forests in this war. :lol:

I hope to see you all there, the Nehekarans are going to be much more difficult to defeat than the Druchii were. I gurantee [/southern accent]
The only thing worse than a human nightmare, is a dark elf dream
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Asrai, lizardmen, Bretonnia vampire Counts, Tau, Imperial guard

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Fingol, this time it will not happen. Your name is in the top of my personal book of grudges. Your troops will feed the forest, like anyone whi threathens Loren.
Tethlis
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Ogres.

Post by Tethlis »

This isn't quite threadromancy, as the campaign is still a work in progress. What's the status of registration at this point? Is it just waiting to be kicked off in January?
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

I believe the reg system will be the same as the ones before. A few weeks/days before the actual start, the registration will open.

Oh, and Threadnomancy is ok here on Asrai.org, as long as the new post contains something of value.

Nagathi
The Spirit Keeper
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

i'm already there so ill see you guys there in various guises!!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Shadow Strider
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Shadow Strider »

Well it will be tough to choose my faction because I play 3 of them but I'm definately planning on participating. Probably depends on how the campiagn system works as far as upgrades are concerned. Hopefully I'll get a better idea when they release the Newbie Guide.
"That guys head is huge you would think he would downplay that but instead he spiked his hair! His head is like a freaking lightbulb!"
"Ya, It's like his whole head has an idea! DING!"
"Ya a really bad idea!"
Tethlis
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Ogres.

Post by Tethlis »

Nagathi wrote:I believe the reg system will be the same as the ones before. A few weeks/days before the actual start, the registration will open.

Oh, and Threadnomancy is ok here on Asrai.org, as long as the new post contains something of value.

Nagathi
The Spirit Keeper
All useful to know. Many thanks.
Eltharon
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Eltharon »

You can check out the old campaign archives on asur.org. That could give you an idea. There are also some sneak peeks posted for the new system.

And yes, NightKnight, I am Eltharon the Fair, and about 2 months late to answer the question.
The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows...
Eternal Highborn
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Eternal Highborn »

So i still dont get how this is gonna work can someone please take the time to explain?
The Ultima Weapon
Yak
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Yak »

You'll get a commander of your chosen race (I understand they are working on an option for you to choose melee or magic character, but this may not be included in the final version). They will get a small starting force (4-6 units of 20 odd infantry if it is like the last campaign). Each day you can move to a new location that is connected to your own location, or may remain stationary. If there are enemies in the location you moved to you will fight them. You will take and cause casualities, as worked out by their battle system. You will gain points to buy reinforcements, both for existing units and for buying new units. You could also upgrade your commander's equipment.

The idea is to take territory. Each win you get in a location adds a win to your win count. Once the difference in win count goes over a certain amount (roughly 30) the possesion of the territory switches over.

You do not need to fight any RL battles: it's all done online. Any questions?
Yak's 1st Law: Take an eagle if you have a free rare slot
Yak's 2nd Law: There are 4 reasons to take a highborn
Yak's 3rd Law: If you have a treeman and a free Lord slot, make it an Ancient