Hour of the Wolf Campaign on Asur.org

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

How is does the automated system of determining 'battles' work?
Yak
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Yak »

It's a closely guarded secret how it will opperate in this campaign, but what happened in the last campaign is the two generals (only melee generals were allowed) fought eachother (using standard Warhammer stats and rolls), the shooting/magic units got one round of shooting/magic, then combats were determined. Units were paired up, normally elite against elite, infatry aginst infantry etc, etc, then chargers determined by movement, and one round of combat fought.

All of this happened in the background, and you got a report saying something like "You defeated Snorri Blackbottom, inflicting 18 casualties, and suffering 12 of your own".

In the new system, as I understand it, you will be able to give each unit tactics, such as engage support units, target cavalry, gain a flank chagre, and other such things (conjecture on my part about the types of orders, but you can give them orders). Also your character can join a unit, rather than sitting by himself.

For more info, have a look here and here
Yak's 1st Law: Take an eagle if you have a free rare slot
Yak's 2nd Law: There are 4 reasons to take a highborn
Yak's 3rd Law: If you have a treeman and a free Lord slot, make it an Ancient
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Well, we are still in the dark about the asrai particion in this campaign, but I belive it is time to come with some comments.

It seems clear that asrai and skavens will only play a minor role with a limited number of players allowed. This has been known for a while but I think it is time to point that out again. If you fail to become a member, I would say you start with joining the Sarthaliorans and help Luna Guardian form an all White lion legion.
I assume that you would be able to join asrai later, when spots becomes aviable. Hopefully.

I would have been around here more, had it not been for the fact that there has been zero fluff about the asrais. Sarthaliors has gotten a lot of attention, but despite Loren being an important part of it all, we have gotten nothing.
The same goes for the skavens, and if you ask why this is the case all you get is "Wait and see". I must say I am getting tired of that. The motivation you get for this is that the Game team wants to keep people in suspension, but it seems that they belive we and skaven can wait the longest because we are small fractions and maybe because our main task is to be a spice or an uncertain factor for the big fractions.

As soon as we get to know ANYTHING I will let you know, but at this time, I would say it is only getting boring to wait. The big fractions have fun fluffing about, while we get nothing. Maybe it is the GW wood elf syndrome that has gotten onto the campaign team :paranoid:
But the skavens are in it with us, so we are not alone.

We will be the litt´l un in this campaign, so it will be up to us to make our mark!
To show both the other fractions and the Gamemasters that the asrais do not take kindly upon insults against holy Loren!
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

Maybe it is the GW wood elf syndrome that has gotten onto the campaign team
Not really. If you pay attention, there have been things dropped about the Asrai and how they interact with Sarthailor, just like the Skaven have been mentioned. I don't think any of us done an entire story devoted to them partly because in rewriting history, you've got to throw all of the events that take place in the WE book out the window and start from scratch. You can't have a story without events in the history that support the aforementioned story.
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Well, then we got some information. But as Eldacar say, all hints are mostly about HOW WE INTERACT with Sarthalior. What we are and how our society is arranged is unknown, and seemingly not considered.

Seems we must write our own history here...
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

Rammie, there is still a lot of time until the campaign. Be a little patient. More Asrai and Skaven fluff will come.

Nagathi
The Spirit Keeper
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Only a month left and it will leave less and less space for us to define our characters, compared to what other have.
A month is a very short time for me, and consider that a lot of it will be filled with Christmas and New year celebrations. Far less time for us to develop anything.
Now, our fix is not as bad as the skavens, but I am starting to think that this long drawn out process was too long. It would have been better and more fair to release fluff for all races at the same time.

Now, I know fluff will come and that things has been delayed because people have to take care of IRL first and foremost. But it is still a bit sad.

But I can understand this, since the important races will be Sarthalior, the dwarves and Nehekhara, and asrais and skavens are really only interesting as a spice, since we will be of limited number. Priorities have lead to our fluff, as being rather secretive, to be released later, so the player of the big races will be kept in the dark.

A side effect of this is that we who want to play the more "secret" races are being kept in the dark about ourselves, and this first struck me as unfair.

Now, we asrais have not let this hinder us and we are starting to develop characters and fluff anyway, hoping that the team will accept our version of the society.
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

It would have been better and more fair to release fluff for all races at the same time.
It also wouldn't have been released until perhaps a week or two weeks before the campaign started. And that'd be a lot of stuff to read in a short time, not to mention that nobody knowing anything at all in the lead-up would introduce a problem where the campaign as a whole would seem less interesting.
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Sure Eldacar, but say there could have been a later start of the release, with things being finished and released at a controlled rate with a few days in between, could have been a possible way around.

Anyway, hopefully our long wait will soon be over, or that is what I hope at least. It has become more and more frustrating to me (guess I should have clinged on to Nehekhara. Would have avioded this irrelevant frustration. Curse my aspie nature at this things).

So stay tuned for reports! :wink:

Now I got some more traps to rig. Damn all these sneaky intruders!

Ramesesis - Reporter of Free Loren Times - In a shrubbery near you!
Christian Aas
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Christian Aas »

I'm definately in!

Sounds like alot of fun... how big is the roleplaying part?
Darkwater
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Darkwater »

I may even be tempted to crawl out of the wood-work for this one. I'll probably register with the high elves though to free up asrai positions.
Worst mistake ever: getting lost in the forest.
Shaldekon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark Elves and Tau

Post by Shaldekon »

So rumours were true... The third campaign is finally here. (I've been away from WH forums for a while)

And if the Druchii aren't going to be in this campaign is there room for a old veteran among Asrai ranks?
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

From what I've heard, Druchii will be in this campaign. And the Asrai will have about 25 free spots.

I'm thinking about starting a usergroup here for those 25 who will be our hope in this campaign. In that hidden forum they will be able to speak of tactics and organise things. How do you like that?

Nagathi
The Spirit Keeper
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

Christian Aas: That depends on what you make of it. The main part of it is gameplay, but many people continously post fluff of their own.

Shaldekon: DE are most likely gonna be in the campaign.
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

A usergroup could be good thing. I am most certainly in! I will do my utmost to be among the asrais, even if it will come down crawling at the feets of the lores...

If I am able I will try to give you an acurate date for the start of the registration, as soon as it starts.

We have a few loyal onces waiting over at asur.org already, but some loyalties are still in question. Narmo may very well go for the Sarthaliorans, for example. But me an Kojiro Kakita are planning to fight for the asrais, and Kojiro is a campaign veteran and a good leader. If he is not a member of asrai.org yet, I will ask him to become one.

When the time is right, I will help VM with some asrai fluff, but that is all I can say at the moment.
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

There will probably be a private Asrai forum on Asur.org as well, so this one might just be redundant.
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Well, then we just resin from the Asrai forum on Asur and take it hear instead. Much easier. The admins over there won't have to do all the stuff for us. I'll talk to Anarion about it..

Nagathi
The Spirit Keeper
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

After speaking a bit with Anarion, I think we should join the forum they will set up for us on Asur.org.uk, but we can rally members here. Rammie and someone can be our two officials to get a group up and running (I was thinking NightKnight as he has taken part in all Asur.org.uk campaigns so far and is a well experienced Asrai, but he declined).

Nagathi
The Spirit Keeper
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

Sorry, I'll probably keep playing as Asur.
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

You are a traitor, Nightknight! Senthoi fanboy... :wink:

Anyway, I suggest you take a peak at asur.org. A sneak peak with some coming wood elf units has appeared.

Sure, I can try to be one of the officials. Buth it would be good to have a second one.
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

Do we get a practice run at this sort of thing or must we start afresh?
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

I'm not a traitor, I've always been an Asur. You're the traitor in that case. ;)

Schmeag: I think you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. There will be a guide to the campaign, and it's bound to have changed a bit since last time so most people will be a bit lost anyway. :P
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

You are wrong as always, Nightknight! It is you, the asurs of Sarthalior, who has betrayed your elven heritage, even if it is to a lesser extent than the druchiis. We, the asrai, have remained loyal to what is truly elven. We where straying from the path, but holy Loren made us see the errors of our ways!

Open your eyes, brother! And I shall lead thee on to the true path of the elves! :)
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

Tss. The Caledorian (and thus truly elven) style of fighting is head on, not hiding in the bushes firing arrows from the dark. That's what those sneaky Nagarythians did, and look where that bunch ended up. With the traitor Malekith. </Caledorian>

;)
Eltharon
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Eltharon »

I'm sure you're both right :wink:

I'll be here for the Asrai, since the new High Elf book isnt here to tempt me yet.
The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows...