Hour of the Wolf Campaign on Asur.org

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

I would be willing to help set stuff up for the Asrai.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Attention

The time is near. In a month, war will come to the Old world in the timeline of the Dark Empire.
Now all fractions have been revealed and even if everyone does not have the fluff yet, it is coming.

We know which asrai units will be in and today the Army of the Reik was revealed. (Probably Sigmars forces).

I am writing some official fluff, and have help with VM a bit with the asrai fluff for this alternative timeline.

So, I hope to see you around to show your support.

Asrais will be a limited fractions, so I cannot promise everyone a place in the asrais to start with. And I would not recommend you to pick the Asur/Sarthaliors, since we have tons of people wanting to play them.

So if you cannot play asrai, I suggest you raise your hammers in support for Sigmar. We will be allies...
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Yak
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Yak »

Well Rammie has deserted us for the ranks of the weak men (though they are on our side in the campaign).

The playable sides in this campaign are:

Good Guys:
High elves (sort of)
Dwarves
Men of the Reik
Asrai (limited faction) - the wild hunt.

Bad guys:
Druchii
Nehek
Chaos
Skaven (Limited faction).

Needless to say I support

There will be at least 25 place sin each of the restricted factions, possibly (probably) more, dependant on over-all sign up.
Yak's 1st Law: Take an eagle if you have a free rare slot
Yak's 2nd Law: There are 4 reasons to take a highborn
Yak's 3rd Law: If you have a treeman and a free Lord slot, make it an Ancient
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

As there are limited seatings, I suggest all people from Asrai.org who are interested in joining this campaign to visit [THIS thread and tell them that you've been sent there from Asrai.org :)
If all spots are filled, there is nothing to stop you from playing as High Elf (use the high elf rules, pretend to be a Wood Elf player). They have unlimited positions to fill. And the more people we get on the side of good in this campaign, the better are the odds that we might win!

~ Nag
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Please, I would rather have it that you sign for Men of the Reik. There are already tons of High elves wannabees (they are not even proper elves anymore! hmmpf) but Sigmars followers are few.

I deserted so there would be room for others to play asrai and for the dark age style of the forces of Sigmar.
(Think migration period, warriors, anglosaxons, vikings. Can it be better? I think not :sexy: )

And you would still be allies to the asrai.

I would be happy to have you in my warhost.
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

I'm not sure about this, but are Nehekharans mortal (as in, not undead)?
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

Mainly, though they have some undead warriors.
max_volumenz
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by max_volumenz »

Schmeag wrote:I'm not sure about this, but are Nehekharans mortal (as in, not undead)?
NightKnight has it right. Nagash is ruling them but he is loved by his people as he inherited the throne rightfully after his brother was killed. While he can (and has) raised undead armies, and has Ushabti, the majority of Nehekhara do not know about it and are mortal.

I have to say this thread is sickening, will you guys not think of any other races apart from your precious 'goody two shoes' factions :D. If you want more people in the good side then you need to get more people in the evil side, simple as that. The mighty Nehekharans and Chaos require energetic players who are willing to participate. You will of course be provided with ample reward for your troubles in the form of Sarthailor and Asrai land :roll:

Come join the winning side, you will not regret it :nod: I will see you all in the campaign, and good luck to all those who choose the correct path
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

I was thinking of going either Men of the Reik or Nehekhara. However, my fluff knowledge of Nehekhara is practically non-existent. Does it matter if you don't know much about the fluff of the faction that you choose to play as?
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

No problem, there are some stories you can read and the next issue of Citizen levy will contain articles about the Men of the Reik and Nehekhara written by me.

So no urgent need for fluff knowledge. :wink:
Yak
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Yak »

The chaos faction is looking sick. Elves with S4, 2A and chaos armour and a longbow. Mad.
Yak's 1st Law: Take an eagle if you have a free rare slot
Yak's 2nd Law: There are 4 reasons to take a highborn
Yak's 3rd Law: If you have a treeman and a free Lord slot, make it an Ancient
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

i noticed that as well, all the Chaos players are going nuts about it! (some are even complaining that wood elves characters have better initiative....hard to please or what?!?!)
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Kojiro Kakita
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Kojiro Kakita »

Well, if any of you Asrai players are from the United States, the Bear Kindred welcomes you.
"Battles are not won on strength alone"
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

Are the Kindreds nationality-specific now? :crazy:
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Almost. We had 5 californians signing up for the Bear Kindred as a conincident, and now with some gone, we're trying to keep the Bear Kindreds from the icy north of California or the US (better timezones for people)

~ Nag
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

So the Bear Kindred had five Californians in the War of the Beard, not currently, right?
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

In the Hour of the Wolf rollcall thread.

~ Nag
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

But for some reason, they dropped out?
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Just like you did.

~ Nag
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

I never offered my services to the Asrai, let alone a kindred.
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Could have sworn you did. Ah well, have probably mixed you up with someone :p

~ Nag
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

I might have been interested until a certain point. I think that point may have been when I discovered the Asrai were a limited faction and that there were quite a few contenders for the places in The Wild Hunt.

By the way, are you speaking of Narmo Eressa?
Last edited by Schmeag on 15 Jan 2007, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

well, after the headhunt seesion in Narmo's merc thread I dont think so!!
Schmeag
Out of Order

Post by Schmeag »

He's still alive and kicking. In fact, he's in the Nehekharan forum right now trying to persuade us to cede him magic items.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

ha! at this rate he might just run off with all the stuff he's being offered and not fight at all......