Welcome to 7th Edition!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Ithildir Hawk-eye
The Wanderer
Armies I play: Dwarfs, Wood Elves

Welcome to 7th Edition!

Post by Ithildir Hawk-eye »

G'day,

At the time of this posting, it is 12:54am here in Australia, on the 9th of September; which as many of you should know, is the first day in the age of the much awaited 7th Edition rules of Games Workshop's famous Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

I have been playing some final 6th edition games with friends on the eve leading up to this Saturday, giving the rules one last blaring crack before they go out into the graveyard of rulebooks. As i'm also sure that some of you out there have done the same, you can relate to this.

Its been a great time playing with all the older army books, hours of fun, but now we must accept that in the months to come they will be re-born into shiny, new and muchly improved versions! It's going to be great to finally be able to read up on all the new background information and indulge in the rich and colourful environments that have been the setting for many a rampage of the imagination.

Well, its official! A whole new era of battles has just begun, who knows what the twisting strands of the future holds for us gamers and collectors? So to those of you with the new rules at hand..

TO ARMS!

Time to sharpen your arrows and tighten those bowstrings, a new dawn has broken on the blood-soaked plains of the Warhammer World, a time for all able to heed the call of war and prepare for battle! In the words of Aragorn..."Let's Hunt some Orc!"

Enjoy!

Ithildir Hawk-eye,
Asrai.Org Admin Team
Co-founder

Dwarfs of Karak Kadrin
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

Aye, I was hoping to get a game in today (Friday), but it didn't happen. Well, tomorrow's the big day, and my local store has lots of fun stuff that's going to happen. :D They're opening for an hour at midnight, and I'm probably going then, to get the rulebook ASAP. :P

/NK (with about 3 hours to go)
The Golden Arrow
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves and Empire

Post by The Golden Arrow »

I'm going to get the rules today, at the same time that we play the last fantasy tourney with the old rules. So it's probably going to be a nice confused tourney :lol:
Shadow
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Shadow »

I'm probably going to go in tomorrow and take part in the first multiplayer battle with the new rules.
Check out my story HERE

"I see a time of darkness, I see a night that never ends, a morning that never comes, I see the northern gate open: I see the end of all things. I see the coming of Chaos"