HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASRAI.ORG!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASRAI.ORG!

Post by Naggie »

Congratulations Asrai.org!

Today is the 1st of August, the official birthday for Asrai.org! My current time is 05:50 in the morning, and sadly I won't stay long. I'm on my way to Finland to see some relatives. However, I have a few things to say, and a few members to talk about (very shotly, I don't have much time).

The Asrai.org Skin
During the day, Kul will (hopefully) get a celebration skin up and riunning for everyone! I have not yet seen this, but I hope it looks amazing. If you hate it, you can always go to your profile and change it back.

The Member Awards
Asrai.org have no ranks for post counts. Early on, we decided to skip that and instead throw in custom titles or generic titles for the people we think deserve it and have done something for the site. Well, the first batch has arrived. It is the Member Awards!

There are several categories for this, and unfortunately, I only have the results of three of these categories. The other three will have to wait until the resepctive Competition Master arrives to tell the winners.
Since we are on such a festive mood, the prizes are as follows: Each winner gets a free custom title for as long as they wish here on the site. If you are one of the winners, please contact an admin about the tite as soon as you've decided for one.

And the winners are:

Best Tactician: Prince of Arnheim!

Best Painter&Modeller: To be told by DeathJester

Best Armybuilder: Rasputin II

Most Helpful Member: GobbladasSquig!

And last, but definitely not least
Best Member Overall: Eldacar!

Congratulations to all of you! Of course, there are several others we wish to praise, but only one can be the winner. In fact, over this past year, we've had only one official ban and one official warning as far as I can remember. That must be some kind of record. Record or no record, this is one heck of a community! We might not be the biggest one, and our memberlist might not be the fullest, but we sure feel like one big family! Everyone's welcome, and no one is neglected. I've been on quite a few communities, and this is by far the best. Congratulations to you all!

Petter 'Nagathi' Axén
The Proud Administrator
Last edited by Naggie on 05 Sep 2006, 22:21, edited 2 times in total.
The Golden Arrow
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves and Empire

Post by The Golden Arrow »

Congratulations Asrai.org and congatulations to the winners! This is realy the best site I know on the internet.
Prince of Arnheim
Willow Warrior of Wascana
Armies I play: Dark Elves and Skaven

Post by Prince of Arnheim »

*runs up to podium and hugs Nagathi*

*sniff*

*wipes away a tear*

As I accept this award I would like to thank all the little people who have made my work here on Asrai.org possible.

First I am gonna say thanks to my mom. She has let me live at her house the past year and a half for next to nothing! I definetly could not have been able to do it without her! Thanks Mom!!!

I would also like to thank Nagathi and Dori for running the best Warhammer site on the internet! I enjoy my time here thoroughly as it is always a pleasant,thoughtful and not mention helpfull experience to compliment the best army in Warhammer!!

I am actually shocked that this honour has been bestowed on me!

I shall make sure to respect the decision and not let the pride boil my blood to hot!!!

I will do best to continue on with my plan of a certain project I am calling the "The Tree of Knowledge."

Once again thanks!!!

Prince of Arnheim
GobbladasSquig
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by GobbladasSquig »

What on earth!? :blink: Most helpful member... I... Thanks. ^_^

This is really a huge surprise, I didn't see myself as that active a member to be granted an honorary title... I'm touched, really. I don't know what to say, I guess I'll just thank you all. Thanks all!

And I'll second Prince of Arnheim's opinion about this forum. It is the best one I've ever seen. The people here are friendly and behave very well and it's really a pleasure to discuss all sorts of things here. That is partially why my being nominated as the most helpful member means a great deal to me. Thanks again.

Wait a second... *checks the calendar* No, the first of April is long gone... :lol:

'Squiggedit: Oh yes, and congrats to Asrai.org for the big day! I hope it does well for many years to come!
"If you're gonna dine with them cannibals,
sooner or later darling you're gonna get eaten."
-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Cenyu
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Cenyu »

Happy Birthday, Asrai.org! I'm happy to be able to see the site prosper.

Thanks for the good threads, discussions and not to forget all the Arenas in the AoD forum. :)

€: Where's the Member Award for the "Best Duelist"? ;)

Oh... no, wait... make it... "Most trying Duelist". :D
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Hey, happy birthday...

Where is the award for most IRL asrai? I want to claim that one! Await oncoming picture campaign. :P

Ramesesis tryping cald in reindeer and cow leather clothes stiched with sinew and wearing funny looking leather cap dubed by him as "the warhat". Soon to be grabing his on-duty bow and quiver to patrol and waywatch the visitors safely through Ekehagens forntidsby (Ekehagens prehistoric village).

Man, I love my present work! :D
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

Happy birthday Asrai.org, and congrats to all the winners! :)
Darmort
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Darmort »

Well, a bit late (doing a lot... sorry), but, the winner of the Story Competition...

No one sent in anything... next time can we have some entries, please? I had nothing to read but my old books for a whole two months! :P
At least we've lasted a year, so a happy (belated) birthday Asrai.org, it's been good to have been here for just over a year (or so). Well done to all the members here to make this possible, and thanks (this is for two things; for making us larger than most, if not all, other Wood Elf Sites on the Web, but for being such great and excellent members).
There's 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't understand binary.

Why can people never understand the brilliance of my genius? *Sigh*
Minsc
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WFB: WE, WoC, Empire // 40k: Eldar, Orks, CSM, SM, IG.

Post by Minsc »

Ha den äran Asrai.Org! :D (happybirth day)

And gratz to all the "winners" as well of course!
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

Happy Birthday!

While I'm here I guess I should post the results to the Armylist Competition. Here are all the votes (someone tell me if I missed anything):

500 pts or lower

1 Vote for the Warband of the Sacred Vala (Dori)
1 Vote for the Warriors of the Silver Flame (Hyrarion)

501-1500 pts

1 Vote for the Slightly Larger Warband of the Sacred Vala (Dori)
1 Vote for the Riders of Theli (Joske)

1501-2000 pts

1 Vote for the Asrai of the Night (Dalmatinac)
1 Vote for the Cult of Loec (Vanahin)
1 Vote for the Grey Mountain Patrol List (Golden Arrow)
2 Votes for To Our Dying Breath (Idro Tyr)

2001+ pts

1 Vote for the Greek Phalanx (King Leonidus)
1 Vote for the Wanderers (Ramesesis)

There's a lot of ties here. I might have to invent some sort of a tie breaker or something. Any suggestions?

As of right now (ties included), here are the final results:

500 pts or lower

There is a tie between the Warband of the Sacred Vala (Dori) and the Warriors of the Silver Flame (Hyrarion)

501-1500 pts

There is a tie between the Slightly Larger Warband of the Sacred Vala (Dori) and the Riders of Theli (Joske)

1501-2000 pts

To Our Dying Breath (Idro Tyr)

2001+ pts

There is a tie between the Greek Phalanx (King Leonidus) and the Wanderers (Ramesesis)

Until someone comes up with a tie breaker, the results will stand as they are.

And everyone must be wondering who the Best Armybuilder is, right? I've made my choice, but it is still pending acceptence by the rest of the staff members. Stay Tuned!

BTW, I didn't have the time to gather all the links at the moment. Maybe another day...

Dori
Ex Council Member
Check out my tactica's in my topic Dori's Tactica's
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

Theoryhammer the effectiveness of each list to death and back. Or post them both up on other forums and get a general opinion vote (I say other forums so that you'll generally avoid getting biased opinions from here). Warseer is usually a good bet, due to the somewhat isolationist policy that exists there.
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Thrask
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Skaven, Druchii and 40k Chaos.

Post by Thrask »

Happy belated birthday Asrai! I swear it started in july. :ph43r:
Loki
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Eldar, Space Wolves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Skaven

Post by Loki »

Happy Birthday! I was a bit late, but whatever. I was happy to join last August and I must say, it is a great site. I was sad at how the Raining Glade slowly went down, but am overjoyed at the Pheonix of a Site that rose from the ashes in the form of this one. Ok, enough of the dramatics. Happy Birthday.
The key to eating a black and white cookie is that you wanna get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate. And yet still somehow racial harmony eludes us. If people would only look to the cookie, all our problems would be solved.
Look to the Cookie!
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

Eldacar wrote:
Theoryhammer the effectiveness of each list to death and back. Or post them both up on other forums and get a general opinion vote (I say other forums so that you'll generally avoid getting biased opinions from here). Warseer is usually a good bet, due to the somewhat isolationist policy that exists there.
I'm not sure many people would disagree with the effectiveness of a treeman in a warband. However, many people don't like the idea of taking a "cheesy" (in their opinion) army.

I think the best way would be to discuss it with the staff members and see what they say about it.

Oh, an the winner of the "Best Armybuilder" award is RasputinII!

Congradulations Ras!

Dori
Ex Council Member
Prince of Arnheim
Willow Warrior of Wascana
Armies I play: Dark Elves and Skaven

Post by Prince of Arnheim »

I am really wondering how these decisions were made.......?

I am not criticising....just that Ras has only has one list on here...seems funny to me ha ha......
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Dori »

How I made my decision? Let's see...after looking through 100's of lists, I narrowed it down to a list of members that I thought stood out. Then I looked into the lists further and I made my decision. Before your criticize my choice, think about the hours I spent making it.

Oh and let me correct you. He has 3 lists. I was looking for quality, not quanity. Explanation of choices and the fact that he introduced some new ideas (at least I thought) were primary attributes of his lists. Alongside that was the fact that he had a reason for each thing he took.

Let's try to keep the arguments and disagreements to at least dull roar. If you disagree, PM me. Make sure you reply with a reason though. We're supposed to be celebrating, not questioning.

Dori
Ex Council Member
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

I am not criticising....just that Ras has only has one list on here...seems funny to me ha ha......
As Dori said, it's three, and they're the best lists in that particular forum. Regardless of the personal rivalry between you two (it's hard to ignore, if you want a blunt truth), try and actually be congratulatory. Image
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Dori »

Yeah, you're right (as always ^_^ ).

By the way Eldacar, have you got to that article yet? ;)

Dori
Ex Council Member
Yak
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Yak »

Prince of Arnheim wrote:I am really wondering how these decisions were made.......?
Nag approached the Mod of each of the relevant forums asking for their nominations. Myself, I spoke with Dori and Deathjester as well about my shortlist, but the ultimate decision lay with Nag, who could have rejected my nomination. The broader awards, like most helpful and best overall member were decided by the staff in consensus.
Yak's 1st Law: Take an eagle if you have a free rare slot
Yak's 2nd Law: There are 4 reasons to take a highborn
Yak's 3rd Law: If you have a treeman and a free Lord slot, make it an Ancient
Minsc
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WFB: WE, WoC, Empire // 40k: Eldar, Orks, CSM, SM, IG.

Post by Minsc »

And I can't complain, since i didn't even enter the "army-list-tournament" ^_^ (even though i have dozens of army list threads lying around in that section)

congrats Ras
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Dori »

Yak wrote:
Prince of Arnheim wrote:I am really wondering how these decisions were made.......?
Nag approached the Mod of each of the relevant forums asking for their nominations. Myself, I spoke with Dori and Deathjester as well about my shortlist, but the ultimate decision lay with Nag, who could have rejected my nomination. The broader awards, like most helpful and best overall member were decided by the staff in consensus.
On a minor note: Deathjester was in charge of the painting comp., so I took over with armylists (since there's no easy way of having any Battle report comp.). I just wanted to point that out for clarification.

Dori
Ex Council Member
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

Ras and the others who have won, send me a pM if you want your title to be changed.

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
RasputinII
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by RasputinII »

:blink:

Wow.

What an honour. Thank you very much Dori and the rest of the admin team. Quality not quantity. I'll have to remember that one. :P

Thanks again.

Ras
+++ Winner of Best Army Builder 2006 +++

Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Dori »

Your Welcome Ras.

I have an idea. Let's try to best our "Most users online" score :D
Most users ever online was 34 on Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:35 pm
It would be great if we could get more than 34 members on here. What date should we set for it? We want to get enough notice, so everyone can be punctual. What do you guys think?

Dori
Ex Council Member