How to Operate the Report Function

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

How to Operate the Report Function

Post by Naggie »

Greetings, my fellow Asrai kinsmen!

It has come to the attention of the moderators team that not a lot of you are using the Reports Function. Either, this community is the best ever online (which I don't doubt, but stil...) or you might not know extacly how to use it or when. That's why I'm now trying to formulate some sort of short guide to it.

What to think of
When you hit the report button (the one with an exclamation mark on it) Seen here you will get a window with one big text box. It is in that box you write your comments to the post. If the post should be moved, state that it should be moved to ease the work for the mods. Simply state what is wrong with the post or thread.

In addition, you need not to be afraid of reporting. Mods should never tell who reported a post. The reporter is thus completely annonymous. The only one who sees the name of the reporter is the mod or admin who fixes the problem. You don't have to have been a part of the thread either. Anyone can report any thread.

Reporting a post is not the same as accusing the poster of anything. It is merely a report that makes the mods job easier. It is a little flag on a thread to make the mods or admins keep an eye on it. It doesn't even have to be any breaking of rules yet, but if you fear there might be you should report.

What to report
There are a few things that should be reported. Not all are breaking of rules. In fact, only very few thinghs to report for are rules breakage. This is what you should put up a report flag for:
  • ¤ Flaming, Cursing, Bad Behaviour and Hostility (towards another member or another person)
    ¤ Threads that might lead to the above
    ¤ Copyright infringements
    ¤ Political, Sexual or similar discussions (to make the mods keep an eye on it)
    ¤ Threads in the wrong forum
    ¤ Spam posts
    ¤ Advertising posts
    ¤ Double Posts (or even tripple if they occur)
    (¤ Illegible posts)
The Illegible posts is something pretty old, but has recently come into the light again. Posts that are hard to understand could be simply edited by a mod to make more sense. I have personally tried to fix some posts when I've had the time and strength to do it, and I hope the other mods do too.

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Last edited by Naggie on 27 Nov 2006, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

It has come to the attention of the moderators team that not a lot of you are using the Reports Function.
Unless it's been fixed recently (I haven't had to report a post for some time now), AFAIK, you still get the phpBB database/mySQL table error when it's used, and that would make things seem as though the option doesn't work - which then leads to members not using it.
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Deathjester
Painting Guru

Post by Deathjester »

No it seems to be working fine (sorry eldacar i reported your post to test it)
Here's the jig, you don't have to agree with what i say, you can tell me that you don't... Just don't expect me to care.

Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

All I know about the code is that the last time I used it, it wasn't fixed, so Kul must have done something to repair the problem by now. If it's fixed, then great. If not, then I think the resident webmaster needs to go back to work. Image
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

It has always worked for me. I've seen people telling me the reports function is bugged, but I've never seen it myself. I can both access the reports site, and i can report people's posts.

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Johannes|
The Twilight Sisters
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Chaos, Orcs

Post by Johannes| »

Nagathi wrote:It has always worked for me. I've seen people telling me the reports function is bugged, but I've never seen it myself. I can both access the reports site, and i can report people's posts.
Same for me

I can't fix something I can't see -_-
Also known as Kul... once..
KidA
Undercover Druchii

Post by KidA »

It may have been due to the fact that you both were admins. I sure know I used to get those error messages - thankfully, this looks like it is fixed now.
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

And remember, it's always better to report a post if you're unsure if it needs reporting. The mods will not be mad at anyone who reports. Just be clear over what you find suspicious (in lack of better words) in the little box where you describe the issue.

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Is anyone still getting those errors when reporting posts?

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

I'll do a test-report of yours, Nag, and see what happens.

EDIT: Seems to be gone.
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

This thing is kinda useless for the moment. Once a new Report Post MOD has been installed, I will write a new How To guide for it.

Nagathi
The Spirit Keeper
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

New Report function installed, and a guide will be up shortly (hopefully).

Nagathi
The Spirit Keeper
Prince of Arnheim
Willow Warrior of Wascana
Armies I play: Dark Elves and Skaven

Post by Prince of Arnheim »

This thread had an error of sorts earlier this afternoon....

I have gotten a couple here there still....mostly when I try and go read my own posts....
The Inspector
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Vampire Counts

Post by The Inspector »

PoA, we all think we see an error when we read one of your posts.

Zing :wink:
NightKnight
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by NightKnight »

The Inspector wrote:PoA, we all think we see an error when we read one of your posts.

Zing :wink:
That one was really low. ;)
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

The old Report Function got some people a few errors. have anyone gotten any with the new report system?

Nagathi
The Spirit Keeper
The Inspector
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Vampire Counts

Post by The Inspector »

Hang on, I'll just report my own post...

EDIT:
seemed to work okay :nod:
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Good to know.
The new Guide to how to use this can be found [here]. It is among the Guides and FAQs, accessed from the portal.

~ Nag