WHFB Intersite Campaign!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

WHFB Intersite Campaign!

Post by Naggie »

Greetings, my beloved Asrai kin.

It is with great honour and pride I address you all in this hour. The world around Lumbria. The forces of darkness and evil are threatening to swell into the forests of our own kin. They are fighting the best they can in the forest of Brightwood. They have sent messengers for help to us. It is now up to use to save the reputation of the impenetrable woodlands. To the forest, by warriors!

.---.---.---.---.

Langmann (webmaster from Druchii.net) is hosting an Intersite Campaign for all Warhammer Fantsy fansites and their members. The rules are a bit different than the Asur.org campaigns, mostly in the fact that this requires real games to be played. All of the rules and instructions can be found at the site where the campaign is held; The Site and Instructions. After you've played a game of Warhammer, both you and the opponent should report how the game went at a specific location. That gives the battle extra credit. It is all explained on the site.

There will be two sides to play for, The Council of Light, or The Hands of Darkness. Switching sides during the campaign is allowed, although us pure Asrai would never think of that, would we? ;)
Officially, the Asrai will be fighting for the Council of Light, following the leader's orders as they should. Our help is needed, and we will give aid to our friends in need.

All you need to do now is to join http://www.wfbcampaign.net and soon join the good side (unless you want to play for the dark side). The map we're all playing on can be found here as well as on the site itself.

The Asrai Fansite (we!) will have a small group of people who will write weekly fluff and eventually more, as well as one Asrai General Strategist. If you are interested in one of these positions, feel free to send me a PM. The fluff group should be small, or else we will just have problems organising it all, and the Asrai General Strategist will be just one person. So far, we have Dori, Ithildir volonteered for the fluff group. And I myself have volonteered for the Asrai Strategist. However, I might become uneligable if I am elected to moderate the whole Council of Light (a vote for that is in the hidden forum right now).

So join the site, and make a name for the Asrai! We need your help!

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Last edited by Naggie on 27 Aug 2006, 23:12, edited 2 times in total.
philleehellphia
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by philleehellphia »

So.. it has the same map presence as WotB... but you actually have to play battles with a real opponent in real life?

Damn, that's gonna take effort.... <_<
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

It makse you a lot more involved in the game, and makes it worth fighting for. What's this hobby without games and battles?

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

What's this hobby without games and battles?
A background bonanza, so to speak? ;)

Oh, and would those of you who are signing up to work on background ensure that you 'know what you're talking about', in essence? It'd certainly make things easier for me, since I'm chronicling this campaign.
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Langmann wrote:The Warhammer Fantasy Battle Intersite Campaign is ready and set to run from July 1st to September. Our web designers are finished the campaign map, and the programming for the behind the scenes campaign manager. The final appearance of the web site are still being worked on and it will be ready on the start date of the campaign.

The Warhammer Fantasy Intersite Campaign is designed to encourage cooperation and relations between the Warhammer Fantasy fan sites. It is in place to bring awareness to the community about your site as well as a tool to stir interest and conversation amongst your own members.

The campaign is not being run by any particular site and is not meant to favor any particular site. The fluff concerning your race of interest will be designed by you and your own members. The reason for your race’s participation, its heroes and their actions will be determined by your site alone. I encourage you to read the Background information below and get to work quickly designing your own fluff and getting your members interested.

The statistics and outcomes are determined by a program so no site is favored. There is no campaign fluff manager who writes the fluff either. Read below for more information as to how that works.

To get you started with fluff you can view the map here after logging into the site. Using the map as a jumping off point for your fluff would make sense. http://www.wfbcampaign.net

You can use the map as a starting point for the design of your own fluff – or not. It is up to you to decide which side (Good vs Evil, Light vs Dark) that your race will favor (if any). During the campaign statistics will be generated based upon user battlereports that can help with further fluff design. I will post your fluff on the campaign website if you would like.

Feel free to contact me at the campaign site for more information, ideas, or things you’d like implemented. My username there is langmann.

Please get back to me informing me of your site’s interest as well as your domain name so I can post your link.

Langmann

Background:

The Warhammer Fantasy Intersite Campaign is designed to encourage cooperation and relations between the Warhammer Fantasy fan sites. It is in place to bring awareness to the community about your site as well as a tool to stir interest and conversation amongst your own members in the spirit of friendly competition.

The campaign is set in a neutral unknown part of the Warhammer world, and depicts a war between forces of Good and Evil or Light and Darkness for control of the outcome of this territory. Each fan site will decide which side to support and design their own story (fluff) about why they are here and what their interests are. Users are able to fight for any side or race during the campaign, and change sides at any time.

The basic mechanics of the campaign involve the playing of real Warhammer Fantasy battles against other players and logging the outcomes of those battles into the site’s database at any of the open battlesites available for combat. The campaign computer will generate statistics based upon the aggregated outcomes and determine the level of victory of each particular battlesite and the opening of the next battlesite. The sites are linked so that strategic planning should be used and cooperation is required to win the game.

Each site has some basic fluff. However there is a simple ‘wiki’ which allows any user the ability to modify and add to a site’s fluff. With other users able to modify and patrol the fluff, the final result will be a cooperative story during the campaign that is designed by the users themselves. This is different from other campaigns where a campaign manager decides the fluff, and therefore this method while appearing chaotic actually requires cooperation between users and sites thereby hopefully encouraging friendship and a spirit of inter-site relationships.

As there are detailed statistics generated by the computer people will have to design their fluff based upon the actual outcomes therefore controlling the direction of the story.

Built in is a random events generator which will add some flavor to the hard statistics.
Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel