The Arena of Rezephua

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

The Arena of Rezephua

Post by Naggie »

We have been invited to join the multi site Aod on the Arena of Rezephua. The arena is a site devoted to AoDs and this one will involve 8 sites:
Druchii
Asur
Bugmans
TPV
Carpe Noctem
Chamber of the Everchosen
The host site
and of course us.

This is going to be run in about 2 weeks, over the easter holidays, so you have some time to organise yourself. I would like to have a final list ready to submit to them no later than 30th March. Earlier would be better. That gives you nearly 2 weeks to design your character.

We need to enter 8 Characters into this mammoth competiton.

Here are the construction rules:

250 points absolute maximum.
No monstrous mounts (mounts with more than one wound).
KB does D2+(no. of character's wounds - 2) wounds rather than insta-kill.
Against Incantations/the Bands of Power, you get 1 dispel dice (2 if you're a dwarf or have the Mark of Khorne). The Bands are the only permitted bound items.

Banned Items as usual: http://p070.ezboard.com/fthearenaofreze ... D=21.topic
Order of play, psychology and so forth are laid out here: http://p070.ezboard.com/fthearenaofreze ... D=25.topic

Equaliser rules:
-Tomb Kings can cast their incantation "smiting" (+1 attack) twice.

-Skaven Warlords and Empire characters who do not take the Runefang may go up to 20pts over their magic item limit providing that they do not exceed 250pts in total.

-Von Carstein and Lahmian vampires get 35pts extra - they may not exceed their magic item limit

-Strigoi and Blood Dragon vampires get 25pts extra - they may not exceed their magic item limit

-Wood Elf Highborns get 20pts extra - they may not exceed their magic item limit

-Daemon characters get 40pts extra - they may not exceed their magic item limit

-Chaos characters can take the marks of Tzeentch and Slaanesh for free.

-All Hero Choices may select 100pts of magic items, rather than the usual 50.

When you have constructed you character post it here and I will select the entries going forward. The selection criteria will be:

- If we only have 8 entires all will be selected.
- You MUST have a backstory.
- Preference will be given to those NOT entering characters on other sites (please state if you intend to do this)
- Asrai characters are prefered, but you may enter any race - a wieghting will be given for this, but not an enourmous one. I would like a strong Asrai turnout though.
- If it is still not obvious, I will run a couple of test battles to see who's character is more competitive. If it is still too close to call, it will be open to public vote.

Let's have a good turn out for this, and show them what we're made of!

Finally, please don't post stats or item costs here. I know them all. (Well, armybuilder does...)

Copied from Yak in the AoD forum
http://woodelves.org/Asrai/viewtopic.php?t=3188

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Last edited by Naggie on 24 Jul 2006, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Yak
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Yak »

Just as a reminder, please post your character in the AoD forum thread rather than here: makes it easier if we keep them in one place. 9 days left to design your character people.
Yak's 1st Law: Take an eagle if you have a free rare slot
Yak's 2nd Law: There are 4 reasons to take a highborn
Yak's 3rd Law: If you have a treeman and a free Lord slot, make it an Ancient
philleehellphia
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by philleehellphia »

I'll be playing of course, but I won't be an Asrai or a Druchii, but a Lizard!
Last edited by philleehellphia on 24 Mar 2006, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.
LordChilipepa
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by LordChilipepa »

A minor, unfortunate revision: Bugman's is on autopilot due to Bugman getting married, so we couldn't get the dwarves. I've contacted Da Warpath, and it looks like we're having greenskins instead.
Eternal Highborn
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Eternal Highborn »

So we make a character apply a backroundand tell what 100 point items they have and 120 points for a highborn? Also how big of a backround is needed and since the highborn cant have 120 points without exceding 250 do the 20 points get counted in?

Sorry for the probually obvious questions
The Ultima Weapon
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

So we make a character apply a backroundand tell what 100 point items they have and 120 points for a highborn? Also how big of a backround is needed and since the highborn cant have 120 points without exceding 250 do the 20 points get counted in?
The character only recieves 100 points in items. They are allowed to build to a maximum of 270 points in total for the character and all of his/her equipment, because of how the Wood Elf Highborn comes with a Longbow and costs an extra 20 points over HE and DE Lord choices without any noticeable increase in ability.
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon