Second A.org Campaign, New GM(s) wanted.

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Second A.org Campaign, New GM(s) wanted.

Post by Mist Walker »

Last October-December saw the first Asrai.org site campaign, Sentinels of Shadows: Crossing Paths. This year, we're planning on running a second campaign and so we're looking to expand the GM team.

Details

There are several roles to take on within the GM team, and we try to divide jobs depending on who's good at what. The jobs involved could be anything from writing turn fluff and figurehead letters, to designing and testing the mechanics, to programming/coding the website and campaign engine. Whether you're a good writer, good with rules and mechanics, or know your way around a website, there will be plenty of jobs that require your skills.

Timeframe

We are hoping to launch in a similar slot to Crossing Paths, towards the end of the year. You will need to be free in October/November/December 2012. This is not a student/unemployed only thing. It is entirely possible to work full time and do this, however you will need to be dedicated and able to set aside adequate time every day or second day, potentially including weekends.

Development

You will also be involved in the creation of the campaign. This is a far more relaxed affair, but we need someone who is going to bring some good ideas to the table and who is able to see this project through to the end. It will be perhaps seven months until we launch so you need to be able to see this through to the end. Don't worry if you have never done anything remotely like this before (neither had we!), most of it is coming up with the ideas, and we will work together to put them into action.

Drawbacks

It is important to know that you will not be allowed to play in the campaign if you are accepted for this position. There is too much behind the scenes schenanigans that go on, and you will know too much.

Being a GM is a great fun, but it is not for everyone. Think hard about this if you are interested. It is an immense amount of fun setting up and running a campaign, but it can will be a lot of work for a sustained period of time, especially towards the final turns.

That said if you think you'd like to have a crack at it....

Sign Me Up!

If you are interested send a PM to Beithir Seun on these forums before the 5th of March. Let us know roughly what your schedule will be towards the end of the year (we don't need a timetable, just a rough idea of what your commitments are) and most importantly tell us what you can bring to the role; what you think you're good at, and what you think you could help with. If you wanted to help with fluff writing, for example, then maybe send us some samples of your work.

Please bear in mind when you apply that there are a large number of factors that will affect our decision and I am not revealing all of them here. We will look at forum activity and standing, not just here but across other Warhammer forums. Also past campaign experience is preferable, but not essential and the army you play will be a factor as well.

In short, don't get discouraged if we don't pick you. We have a very specific set of criteria and some of them may well be outside your control.

Good luck to everyone who applies!
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Re: Second A.org Campaign, New GM(s) wanted.

Post by Ramesesis »

Now, I do hope several candidates will step up and feel themselves called. I for one will not, since I enjoy far too much to play in campaigns and feel I can do more for a campaign as a player than as GM. Regardless, the first campaign was in many regards a success, especially for a new campaign team.

I hope that the campaign team, old and the proselytes will keep up the good work and find their own style that complements the style of Warhammer-Empire (story driven and focused on creating the story rather than winning the campaign for a fraction) and the grand old man of campaigns, Animosity, that in its newest form, A6, have become very advanced to say the least, enabling for tons of player upgrades, fraction upgrades, buildings, Fog of War mechanics etc. That is all well and good, but I hope the A.org campaigns remain in the simpler more straight forward format, were the GM:s use special projects and also GM actions, fluffy events and such, rather than make mechanics for everything.

Well, that was all from me. Now ENLIST and mind you, make sure you please this old ent or else... :ninja:
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Git
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven

Post by Git »

Some other year I might have applied. This year I'll have some very important exams in November-December, so I do not know if I can even play in the campaign with a clear conscience.

If you need more help in making the campaign feel free to contact me. That would disqualify me from playing, though it might be for the best, considering the exams. :P
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves, Dwarves and Skaven

Post by ThaneWill »

I won't volunteer as i have my own campaign planned and i would rather join your campaign then GM it. I do want to 'nominate' somebody. I will now be prodding to convince her.
' Wood elves are not treehugging hippies!!!"

darkened fantasy, WHFB forum

Aka: (chaos) ThaneWill and Willqueek (for all members of other forums)
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

If you mean Spedgal, we've already talked to her ;)
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

and........

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

...and that's all you need to know.
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

It's all i need to know, perhaps...... That doesn't mean you cannot tell me more. :p :p

And i thought we dwarfs kept much secrets........

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Just a few days left for those of you who are interested in this to get your applications in.
Naanomi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Naanomi »

I am putting in an 'application' for my sister Spedgal. She is sick right now, tried to register for the website, and screwed it up I think. Now she is vomiting upstairs so she asked me to put her name in the hat.

She also wanted to say she is GMing for the Bugman's campaign, but didn't feel it would be an unacceptable strain on her to do both since she 'doesn't think the actual campaigns overlap, just planning times'
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Pass on our best to Spedgal then Naanomi, and thanks for letting us know. I'll drop her a message on the Animosity site, and speak to her whenever she's well and back on her feet :)

P.S. Her account should be active and working now :)