Sentinels of Shadows: Crossing Paths ~ A.org Campaign!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Sentinels of Shadows: Crossing Paths ~ A.org Campaign!

Post by Beithir Seun »

It is the year IC 2527, five years after the coming of the Storm of Chaos and the ravaging of the Empire. Five long years in which the Empire has struggled to recover its lost strength and the forces of darkness have begun to regroup.

Yet the suffering of the Empire is not yet over. In the province of Nordland, the elves of the Laurelorn forest assemble. Provoked by the trespassing of villagers in their hunt for timber to rebuild and concerned by the dark forces advancing on the forest, the elves of the Laurelorn gather to remind their foes why they once feared to enter the woods.

The land is further troubled by news from the east of a greenskin horde rampaging across Ostland and heading west. The remnants of the Waaagh of Grimgor Ironhide, the horde has ravaged Ostland almost to the brink of utter destruction; the armies of the Empire must now march north to face this foe and put a stop to the woe it brings before it can cripple the Empire's bulwark against the north.

This threat could not have come at a worse time for the Empire. In Middenland, the people mourn for the loss of their Elector Boris Todbringer, slain at the hand of his arch nemesis Khazrak the One-Eye. This tragedy has left the province desperately weakened and facing invasion on two fronts; not only the Orc Waaagh to the north-east, but more immediately threatening is the coalition of forces gathering to the south of Middenheim. Dark rumours talk of a shadowy figure known only as the Dagger of Shadows, a warrior who commands the loyalty not only of the beasts but also of foul rat-men, vampires, servants of the Dark Gods and foul daemons of the aethyr.

While the Empire faces two known foes in the open, others move in the shadows to corrupt and subvert. Brigands and outlaws, mercenaries, petty necromancers and warlords all flock to the banner of the one they call the Cockatrice. Little is known of this mysterious figure, or what those who follow him hope to accomplish. Gold? Glory and honour? Or something altogether more sinister? To the nobles of the Empire, these forces appear disorganised and unconnected and thus present no threat but little do they know that each ambush, each robbery, each raid is but one thread in the giant net woven by the Cockatrice. What he hopes to ensnare with this net is unknown, but with the forces that descend on the lands of the Empire it will not be long before the Cockatrice reveals his hand.

Boris Todbringer’s son Hanil is now Elector but although capable, he is untried and untested. Under the advice of his spymaster Rilhert, the new Elector has established a temporary base at Carroburg rather than risk travelling through the Drakwald to reach Middenheim. Guided by the prophecies and premonitions of the captive witch-child Ikena, Rilhert follows the movements of the Empire’s enemies and seeks to find a future in which the Empire can survive these troubled times.

Asrai.org are proud to present their first ever online campaign -
Sentinels of Shadows: Crossing Paths

~ Battle across Nordland and Middenland as one of five factions to determine the fate of the northern provinces. Choose whether to save or destroy the Empire; will you join the defenders of the Empire to ensure the liberty and peace of the Old World is maintained? Or will you side with the forces arrayed against them; the Greenskin horde of Uzgrim Grotfang or the dark alliance gathering under the leadership of the Dagger of Shadows? Defend the Laurelorn forest against the outsiders, or attempt to burn the elves from their land; will you march with the Laurelornalim as they stake their claim in the north once more? Or will you seek personal honour and glory on the battlefield, or wreak havoc throughout the land amongst the ranks of the Cockatrice's many followers in the depths of the Drakwald?

~ With both faction and personal resources, players can act independently or as part of a unified team. Spend your spoils to aid your faction, bribe your enemies or achieve personal glory as you choose!

~ Use of the popular “fluff reports” system means you don’t even need to play games!

The campaign begins October 2011!

Keep your eyes peeled for more information in the weeks to come! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Re: Sentinels of Shadows: Crossing Paths ~ A.org Campaign!

Post by Baardah »

This sounds awsome. Would WFO's be submittable?
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Salamander
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood elves, Imperial Guard

Post by Salamander »

Ofcouse! A game played is a game played
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

WFO's even have the benefit of allowing everyone to watch. Having campaign games between players on opposite factions would be a great spectacle (although perhaps not the quickest!)

For anyone else wondering, you can pretty much play any sort of Warhammer-based game. Warhammer, Storm of Magic, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Skirmish, Warmaster, WFO. The aim is to get people playing games and having a good time, and using those games to build a story that we can all be part of!
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves, Dwarves and Skaven

Post by ThaneWill »

I am going to enter for sure. But i still am not settled on a character.
But i have enough time to choose........
' Wood elves are not treehugging hippies!!!"

darkened fantasy, WHFB forum

Aka: (chaos) ThaneWill and Willqueek (for all members of other forums)
Recraptor
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Recraptor »

I want in but this is the first campaign I've been around for... so how do I participate, or link me to the rules pls!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Don't worry, all will be revealed in good time and you'll have plenty of time to read up on things.

The basic premise is very simple; you sign up for a faction (when we open the sign-ups), then you and your other team mates try to beat all the other teams by achieving certain victory conditions (such as claiming the most territory). You play your normal games of Warhammer/Mordheim/whatever, and then use the results to capture places on the map.

It will all be revealed in detail a bit closer to the time, but that's the gist of it!
Emeurade
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Tomb Kings and Wood Elves

Post by Emeurade »

I would like to give it a shot :D
Siegfried
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Bretonnia.

Post by Siegfried »

I will most definetly take part in this campaign. :)
My Art Blog: Valleys of Eternity
scurrdi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by scurrdi »

I'm definitely down for it as well!
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Lord Raimie Ap Taluwin, lord of the Winter Glade, is stirred from his dark brooding and grasp his blade and bow.

"As the Queen wishes, so shalt Talus kindred strike!" :ninja:

Damn! This will be one big reason to get Raimie and his kinfolk into fighting shape! Just hope you have talked somewhat with the fellows at Warhammer-Empire cause I would hate to miss the Wolves campaign. :D
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Mathi, after all the ups and downs of the W-E crew, I've given up trying to coordinate, because all my efforts have led to nothing. I don't know what problems they've got over there, but we can't wait forever for them to get into gear.
Alaric Ironaxe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Dwarfs, Orcs&goblins

Post by Alaric Ironaxe »

sounds awsome! i will be joining....we have an exact start date??
revenge is accomplished best with an axe....
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Keep your eyes peeled Alaric - there'll be another announcement later this week :ninja:
Kulgan86
Campaign Team

Post by Kulgan86 »

Later this week being later today, or next week?

Looking forward!

Kulgan
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Heh, touché Kulgan :smirk:

Make that next week then!
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

May iaks about factions?

1) Wood elves, duh!
2) empire
3) O&G
4) & 5) ?????

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

You can ask, but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell you ;)

Wait and See!
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

What are the factions?

I am personally already settled on a character who may fit in every faction, but especially a human one. I think it's a pretty good find, but i'm not telling what it is :P :P :P

Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

I think Beithir will emply the dreaded "Wait and see" reply to that aswell, scyron. :ninja:

Ah, Wait and see, good old Ulthuan campaigns! :D
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Salamander
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood elves, Imperial Guard

Post by Salamander »

scyron wrote:What are the factions?

I am personally already settled on a character who may fit in every faction, but especially a human one. I think it's a pretty good find, but i'm not telling what it is :P :P :P
While I won't mention anything specific (For fear of B's wrath) I will say this...

There will be point ears fighting non pointy ears...

But you didn't hear that from me!
scurrdi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by scurrdi »

Salamander wrote:
scyron wrote:What are the factions?

While I won't mention anything specific (For fear of B's wrath) I will say this...

There will be point ears fighting non pointy ears...

But you didn't hear that from me!
So... this is a dwarf based campaign?

::hides::
ThaneWill
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by ThaneWill »

awwww...... <_<

DemonSlayer
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by DemonSlayer »

Ah, good! Another campaign! And just in time, too, what with A5.5 ending today and all. Reserve me a spot on the greenskin faction :)!

Also, since I'm new to asrai.org, could you tell me who will be the GM team for this campaign?
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

DemonSlayer wrote:Ah, good! Another campaign! And just in time, too, what with A5.5 ending today and all. Reserve me a spot on the greenskin faction :)!

Also, since I'm new to asrai.org, could you tell me who will be the GM team for this campaign?
It's almost like we knew roughly when they'd be finishing...

Beithir Seun, Salamander, T12161991 and myself will be the GMs.
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls