Asrai.org Offline Weekend

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Asrai.org Offline Weekend

Post by Naggie »

Greetings, my dear Asrai!

I know I haven't been very active in here for the past months, and a lot has happened in the time I've been away. So it is now high time for me to put things back in order here at the site, starting with the software that holds the entire community on its shoulders. This weekend, July 1st to July 3rd, Asrai.org will be shut down sporadically. I do not know how long these updates will take, I do not know what things must be done. I do know where I need to start though. The rest will become clear as I work on.

Things might look a bit horrible during the weekend, and some things might look different when Asrai.org comes back online. This is mainly due to the fact that I need to redesign the entire forum style. Again. I will try to make it as similar as possible, but as with all redesigns, I cannot really guarantee anything.

Any questions about the proceedings can be sent to my mail (naggie@asrai.org, admin@asrai.org) and I'll try to answer when I have some time over. Or you can just send me a PM on the site before Friday :)

~ Naggie
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: Asrai.org Offline Weekend

Post by Shandrakor »

Can we get an upgraded Search function in this deal? Preferably one that includes conditionals such as "phrase here" to be exactly matched in quotes or * for multiple endings of a given word. Not saying it's a must have, but it would be nice to avoid those silly "your word is too common" errors I constantly get when searching.
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Benigno
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Benigno »

A PhpBB upgrade is wise :thumbsup:
The forest has many eyes as leaves.
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

The forum will close around 18:00 my time (meaning GMT+1) on Friday July 1st.
Shandrakor wrote:Can we get an upgraded Search function in this deal? Preferably one that includes conditionals such as "phrase here" to be exactly matched in quotes or * for multiple endings of a given word. Not saying it's a must have, but it would be nice to avoid those silly "your word is too common" errors I constantly get when searching.
The search function is not a part where I am currently going to fix. However, Asrai.org has grown to a certain size where the search function starts to lose it's agility. I have set a limit for the common word threshold, and lowering that limit would make the database so enormously huge that the rest of the site would suffer for it.

One cannot try to search for "Glade riders" and hope to get every topic on them. They're used in far too many posts for the search engine to work with. One needs to search for specific terms corresponding to a certain situation. "Glade rider tactics" isn't specific enough, and getting around this issue is not an easy task.

~ Naggie
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

And we're back!

~ Naggie
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Naggie wrote:And we're back!

~ Naggie
Yay ! :D
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah