Asrai.org Member of the Year Award 2010 Voting!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Member of the Year 2010

Beithir Seun
35%
Gildesh
5%
Gwinn
5%
Herald
19%
Tethlis
5%
The Virgin Forest
8%
Unicorn
22%

Total votes: 37

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Asrai.org Member of the Year Award 2010 Voting!

Post by Beithir Seun »

It's that time of year again, when we look back over the past twelve months and celebrate all the achievements, commiserate over defeats on the battlefield, and usher in the new year with plentiful sacrifices to the Dice Gods!

2010 has been a year with plenty of goings on; yet again, our monthly modelling challenges have been hotly contested throughout the year, providing a fine display of modelling and painting achievements. The Artisan's Contests continue to be popular and we've seen fascinating concoctions and creations emerge from the Weald of Evolution. The biggest shake-up of the year, of course, was the release of 8th Edition Warhammer, and while most of us are still struggling to get to grips with the new rules, I am confident that 2011 will see the cunning generals of this forum continue to devise plenty of strategies for Wood Elf players in 8th Edition.

Of course, it's also the time of year that we take a look back at the contributions made to this site by every member and applaud that one member in particular who has gone that little bit further and done that little bit extra to make this forum the extra-special place that it is - the Member of the Year.

And so, just as in previous years, forum members can nominate and vote for each other. If you wish to nominate someone, then just make a post stating "I nominate X" (with X being the name of the member) and state your reasons why. You can nominate absolutely anyone who you think qualifies for "Best Member". If you appreciate one or more members, this is your chance to show it. So what are you waiting for?

Nominations will end in a week's time, on Christmas Eve!

Council of Elders
Asrai.org Staff
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
mabelode
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: Asrai.org Member of the Year Award 2010 Nominations

Post by mabelode »

I nominate The Virgin Forest.
TVF never stops offering constructive and helpful advice and I believe that his sense of humour (always dry and full of wit) has (if possible) improved this year.
Cheers and thanks for all the help and laughs you've given over the past year :nod: .
The Virgin Forest
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WoC, WE and VC and working on 40K DH

Post by The Virgin Forest »

mabelode wrote:I nominate The Virgin Forest.
TVF never stops offering constructive and helpful advice and I believe that her sense of humour (always dry and full of wit) has (if possible) improved this year.
Cheers and thanks for all the help and laughs you've given over the past year :nod: .
Thanks - for totally stripping me of my masculinity, now I'll go put on a pink tutu and prepare my acceptance speech :cry:

;)
– it is said that the apples of Athel Loren gain their deep red hue from the blood of its enemies soaking the ground.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Only three days to go. Where are all the nominations?!
mabelode
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by mabelode »

TVF;
now I'll go put on a pink tutu
Photo's please, although I'm sure Beithir will move them to "Weald of Evolution" :D
Malkrit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Malkrit »

I nominate Unicorn..

He's always there when needed a rule clarification because of the vaguely written 8th edition rulebook..
Our bright light in dark discussions :p
Tuhis
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings

Post by Tuhis »

Since my presence here during this year has been almost non-existent for a certain reason, I really cannot think of any one person on this site that would stand out from the rest. I have been browsing the meadow of arts every now and then though, and I have to say that there has been two blogs that I've been kinda following and they both were started at the beginning of this year. Gwinn's log and Gildesh's painting blog have both had some nice reagular progress throughout the year, and because of that I'll nominate both of the bloggers.

So to make it simple: Gwinn and Gildesh. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah and I almost forgot Herald, our new council member. As much as I've seen this year he's been really helpful and frendly all over the site. So I'll nominate all the three users. :nod:
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Just a few more hours to get nominations in!
Allendor
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodelves, Chaos Warriors & Beastmen, Bretonnians, Dark elf, Empire & Orcs & Goblins

Post by Allendor »

I think Beithir Seun should have been nominated by now, I am suprized he hasn't been. What would this site be without him?

He is always there to greet new members, has good advice and keeps things on track.

So i will nominate Beithir Seun.
No amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck.
Anilar
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood elf, O&G, bretonnia

Post by Anilar »

Ill second Beithir Seun as best member, his dedication to the forum is always shining through.

If I may suggest a form for nominations, id suggest we do it more like vampirecounts.net, where they have several categories.

Best member.
Best painter.
Best tactical advice/advisor.
Best fiction.
Best roleplayer.

But a few categories of our own in, best tree, best general for those who play the online battles.
That I think is easier for people to relate too, and noone says you have to have a name for all categories, which mean that people that battle a lot, know people that a roleplayer like me dont know.

Ani
Halløjsa
Give me a 5+ ward save and im impossible to kill.
Frimbleglim
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Eldar

Post by Frimbleglim »

Allendor wrote:I think Beithir Seun should have been nominated by now, I am suprized he hasn't been. What would this site be without him?

He is always there to greet new members, has good advice and keeps things on track.

So i will nominate Beithir Seun.
He's certainly an excellent Administrator.
Elf-light, bat-light,
Touchwood-light and toad-light,
And the sea a shimmering gloom of grey,
And a small face smiling
In a dream's beguiling
In a world of wonders far away.
The Virgin Forest
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WoC, WE and VC and working on 40K DH

Post by The Virgin Forest »

Yeah, I'd say Beithir needs a nomination for having the snootiest avatar too :)
– it is said that the apples of Athel Loren gain their deep red hue from the blood of its enemies soaking the ground.
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

Tethlis. I nominate Tethlis.
And Herald ;)

I think they both deserves it.
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Right, sorry for my absence over the past week or so. Being as it's New Year's Eve tomorrow, I may as well extend the nominations until then and make it a round fortnight :smirk:

Anilar; the Council of Elders have discussed breaking the award down into such categories in the past, and so far we've always decided to stick with a single MotY award instead. This was in part due to the fact that we have previously given out "Top Painter/Writer/Player" awards as and when deserved, rather than as an annual event. We may reconsider the idea of categories for next year though :)

Anyway, I'll give until midnight tomorrow for any more nominations and then I'll start the voting!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Re: Asrai.org Member of the Year Award 2010 Voting!

Post by Beithir Seun »

Voting is now open!

The winner will be announced on Saturday 15th January
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Just under a week left to vote people! Please take the time to take part, because every vote counts!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Just a couple more days before the voting closes.

Please, anyone who has not voted yet, take the time to do so!