Animosity 5

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Draig
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Orcs and Goblins, Wood Elves

Animosity 5

Post by Draig »

In bloodied fields, the poppies grow
Between the corpses, row on row,
That mark our place, and in the sky,
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the din below...

Darkness approaches for war is coming, and few indeed will escape unmarked. Animosity has returned!
Da Warpath and Animosity Campaigns are proud to present Animosity 5. Our largest and most ambitious online campaign to date.

Click on the image below to watch the introductory trailer.

Animosity 5 is an online Warhammer Campaign like no other. Offering unparalleled freedom and immersion, choose a Faction and shape its identity as you help them to victory. Plot your movements across land and sea, construct buildings and fortifications to hold back your enemies, fight for control of regions, locations, and breach points to garner Renown and resources. Upgrade your general with skills and wargear, and communicate directly with the great leaders of the conflict to elicit their aid or to bring them low and take from them everything they hold dear. Unleash custom special projects as you marshall your armies to crush all who stand before you or instead, ally with the realm against those who come seeking plunder. Pursue your goals across the length and bredth of a dynamic, multi-levelled map as each faction battles for control of Estalia.

Anyone new to online campaigning wondering what on earth I'm on about, have a look at the FAQ on our website for new players. In essence, our online campaigns are GM'd map based conquest games cloaked heavily in RPG elements. Each player joins a faction. Each faction places battles fought by its members in locations on a map in an attempt to win territory. There are numerous ways to protect what is yours and weaken what belongs to your enemy, from diplomacy to fortification, from special projects to spies. The mechanics provide the framework, but as with any RPG, where you take it is up to you.

Also, to head off the most frequently asked question, no you don't have to fight someone else playing in the campaign, you can report any game against any opponent to help your faction secure victory. In fact, you don't even have to fight battles at all to participate!

Register on our forums to stay up to date, or follow us on our new Twitter account, for all the latest announcements.

Animosity begins... January 10th 2011.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: Animosity 5

Post by Beithir Seun »

Rawrsome! :D

Can't wait to get started. For anyone who has never played an online campaign before, you couldn't ask for a better place to start than Animosity 5. For those who have played online campaigns before, you can be sure that A5 will offer more than any other online campaign yet. For anyone interested in taking part in the Asrai.org campaign, A5 would make great practice!

Stay tuned for more info that will be of particular interest to members of this site...
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Emeurade
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Tomb Kings and Wood Elves

Post by Emeurade »

I just registered on the site. This will be my first time. I hope I get it! lol
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Don't worry :) There are "levels" of complexity - the very basics are truly basic, and are very simple to understand. The FAQ addresses most of the stuff you'll need to know before the campaign starts. The basic game mechanics will be revealed closer to the campaign start I would imagine, but again are simple to understand. For those that want a higher level of complexity, there are a number of 'optional' mechanics that players can utilise if they want to. I'm sure Draig and co. will release more details closer to launch, but in the meantime make yourself comfy Emeurade!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Campaign launches in just over 24 hours! Head over to Animosity Campaigns and register!
Frimbleglim
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Eldar

Post by Frimbleglim »

How do the internet based games work? Are they forum games? If so how do you create the diagrams of the game? Is there special software to install for this? How are dice rolls adjucated? I'm very confused.
Elf-light, bat-light,
Touchwood-light and toad-light,
And the sea a shimmering gloom of grey,
And a small face smiling
In a dream's beguiling
In a world of wonders far away.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

No - you don't actually play any games online. All you do is use a Report Form (like this, although that is the form for A4.5) to enter details about real games. Basically, you play your normal games of Warhammer/Mordheim/Blood Bowl/Warmaster and then enter the result in the Report Form.

If you don't/can't play real games, you can instead write short stories (min. 500 words) to submit as "Fluff reports" - these are then judged by the GMs and awarded points based on how good the fluff is.

I would imagine that the GMs will be releasing a full FAQ of the game mechanics when registration starts, but in the meantime this page should answer your questions :)
Frimbleglim
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Eldar

Post by Frimbleglim »

Ah I see, thanks. I'd already read the FAQ I just still couldn't see how it was meant to work. It's basically like the Storm of Chaos campaign that GW ran back in 2004 (or whenever it was) then?
Elf-light, bat-light,
Touchwood-light and toad-light,
And the sea a shimmering gloom of grey,
And a small face smiling
In a dream's beguiling
In a world of wonders far away.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Basically, but better :D
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

FAQ has now been updated with material particular to A5! The game mechanics are now available, as well as A5-specific questions:

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla/in ... Itemid=101
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

THERE ARE STILL THREE MORE DAYS BEFORE THE CAMPAIGN STARTS!!

Plenty of time to sign up and get involved before the fighting starts! Come on over!!

http://animositycampaigns.com/forum/
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Just one day before the first turn starts, and the Wood Elves are falling behind slightly in terms of numbers.

Please, anyone who is even slightly interested: head over to the Animosity Campaigns site and register!

If you're sitting on the fence and aren't quite sure what it's all about or how to go about joining in, I will happily answer any and all questions you might have! Just send me a PM :)
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Indeed!

Nobles of Loren! Were is your pride? Were is your honour? Are you content with sitting under the trees, harping about and not take any offense on the world calling us hippie elves and flowerpansies? Get over to Animosity and show them what we asrais truly are! Fighters!

I am supporting Beithir, the noble leader of the Maderasari and I believe you should honour the noble administrator to by joining in on the campaign! And fear not for lack of knowledge. Me and Beithir are campaign vets and will take care of you all!

Fellow asrais! ENLIST!
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Halfway through the first turn, but there are still spaces in the Wood Elf faction!

Please join in!

Do Asrai.org proud!
Emeurade
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Tomb Kings and Wood Elves

Post by Emeurade »

Come my fellow elves! The forest needs us! Turn 2 is approaching fast, and things are starting to get even cooler!!!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

We're now about halfway through the campaign; the Maderasari are making good progress but we always need more players!

I'm happy to say we've got several players representing Asrai.org in the faction, but more are always welcome! If you've ever wanted to take part in an online campaign, if you enjoy a wide-scale strategy game, if you want a sneak peek of what our own Asrai.org campaign will be like then head over to Animosity Campaigns and sign up!

As ever, if you have questions about getting involved then feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to help :)
Treed
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Treed »

An important note... For those of you who don't get to play as often as you like, like me, you can "write fluff" instead of reporting battles. I don't think they count as much as battle reports, but they do count and help the faction! So, just because you don't get to play much, don't count yourself out. Fluff only has to be around 500 words as well (they don't want much larger, since they have to read it all), so it's easy to do, and fun.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Things are coming to a head, and we could still use more players!

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Well, the campaign has finished! Somewhat unexpectedly, but the GMs do like to keep us on our toes ;)

The overall results should be up in the next day or so, so stay tuned!