Return of the Webchat

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Return of the Webchat

Post by Naggie »

As a slightly late birthday present, the webchat is back!
I have finally come around to find a better software to make this chat experience smoother, and I have implemented it into the site software in an agreeable way. The link to the new webchat can be found, as usual, near the top right of the page among the other navigation links.

~ Naggie
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: Return of the Webchat

Post by frogboy »

How's this work then ? i clicked the link in the top right "webchat" but all i'm seeing is a blank screen ???
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Ok i tried again and got through to "buttsecksyou" channel or just some strange late night wirdos, also a warning box came up on my screen saying the link for the webchat is broken/virus and dangourous for my computer, so i'm guessing i did something wrong ? or maybe someone didn't tell me everything about pansey elves, thought it was bad enough up in the northen wastes with the slanneshi cults but didn't expect any back yard action in that chat room :cry:
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

Works fine for me. Perhaps it was the specific topic page generated by the site that was wrong. Only guessing though as I'm not anywhere near knowledgable on this. Or it could be your end, I'd just reccomend trying it from a different part of the site or refreshing the window.
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Kaepora Gaebora
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Kaepora Gaebora »

I got a "do you want to block potentially dangerous effects of this java script?" popup. The actual popup for this kinda warning changes from machine to machine too. Generally it is asking to save things on your computer or other sometimes useful but potentially dangerous things that javascript can do if you don't trust the source. It doesn't mean that the webchat is a virus unless you are inclined not to trust Asrai.org
Would you not like me to not not repeat that again? or not?
->Yes...?
->...no...
->Maybe. Just maybe.
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

The webchat is a java applet, which needs the user's approval to be run. When you first click the link, you should be forwarded to www.asrai.org/webchat.php and get a pop-up asking you to accept the certificate. As far as I know, there should be no issues with this java applet, but I have not been able to test it on every computer in the world (obviously ;)). Once accepted, the java should load and you should join the channel #Albion on the GameSurge.net network. If you don't, you've done something wrong :)

~ Naggie
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Ok thanks, will try that later :thumbsup: