Happy Birthday, Asrai.org!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Happy Birthday, Asrai.org!

Post by Naggie »

Hello and greetings!

Today is a very great day for me. A day I take much pride in, and yet I never really thought it would happen. Today, the Asrai.org community celebrates its fifth birthday. Just over five years ago, me and two friends decided to merge our two young and newly created forums into one bigger and better community. On this day, five years ago, we opened the doors to Asrai.org.

Many things have happened in these five years, and most of them have been forgotten. But what I remember the most are the people who have joined me on this ride through the years. I have gotten lots of cred for my work over the past time, but the real work has been made by others. I have just enjoyed being here and helping everyone else along. That's why I do want to take this moment to thank you all for the last five years, and hope for a wonderful five more!

As some of you regulars may know, the community birthdays usually mean presents to you guys. And this year won't be any different. I have three presents for us all.

Present Number One - Baardah
Our well-known member Baardah will be rewarded with a title of his chosing for his excellent work in the P&M Challenges as well as the Artisan's Contest. He has won a lot of these contests, and many simultaneously with great results all over. His efforts will now be properly rewarded.

Present Number Two - Promotions
I have been training up a new admin for the last month or so. I want to make sure the best and most active people on this site helps me run it. For that reason Beithir Seun is now oficially an administrator here at Asrai.org! Congratulations!

And with Beithir taking on a more administrative role, a new Elder of the Council has been appointed; Herald! Congratulations!

Present Number Three - The Sentinels of Shadows Campaign: Crossing Paths

It is the year IC 2527, five years after the coming of the Storm of Chaos and the ravaging of the Empire. Five long years in which the Empire has struggled to recover its lost strength and the forces of darkness have begun to regroup.

Yet the suffering of the Empire is not yet over. In the province of Nordland, the elves of the Laurelorn forest assemble. Provoked by the trespassing of villagers in their hunt for timber to rebuild and concerned by the dark forces advancing on the forest, the elves of the Laurelorn gather to remind their foes why they once feared to enter the woods.

The land is further troubled by news from the east of a greenskin horde rampaging across Ostland and heading west. The remnants of the Waaagh of Grimgor Ironhide, the horde has ravaged Ostland almost to the brink of utter destruction; the armies of the Empire must now march north to face this foe and put a stop to the woe it brings before it can cripple the Empire's bulwark against the north.

This threat could not have come at a worse time for the Empire. In Middenland, the people mourn for the loss of their Elector Boris Todbringer, slain at the hand of his arch nemesis Khazrak the One-Eye. This tragedy has left the province desperately weakened and facing invasion on two fronts; not only the Orc Waaagh to the north-east, but more immediately threatening is the coalition of forces gathering to the south of Middenheim. Dark rumours talk of a shadowy figure known only as the Dagger of Shadows, a warrior who commands the loyalty not only of the beasts but also of foul rat-men, vampires, servants of the Dark Gods and foul daemons of the aethyr.

While the Empire faces two known foes in the open, others move in the shadows to corrupt and subvert. Brigands and outlaws, mercenaries, petty necromancers and warlords all flock to the banner of the one they call the Cockatrice. Little is known of this mysterious figure, or what those who follow him hope to accomplish. Gold? Glory and honour? Or something altogether more sinister? To the nobles of the Empire, these forces appear disorganised and unconnected and thus present no threat but little do they know that each ambush, each robbery, each raid is but one thread in the giant net woven by the Cockatrice. What he hopes to ensnare with this net is unknown, but with the forces that descend on the lands of the Empire it will not be long before the Cockatrice reveals his hand.

Boris Todbringer’s son Hanil is now Elector but although capable, he is untried and untested. Under the advice of his spymaster Rilhert, the new Elector has established a temporary base at Carroburg rather than risk travelling through the Drakwald to reach Middenheim. Guided by the prophecies and premonitions of the captive witch-child Ikena, Rilhert follows the movements of the Empire’s enemies and seeks to find a future in which the Empire can survive these troubled times.

A big congratulations to us all!

Regards,
Naggie
The Golden Arrow
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves and Empire

Re: Happy Birthday, Asrai.org!

Post by The Golden Arrow »

Congratulations us :) And to Baardah, Beithir and of course Naggie... :nod:

It's been a great few years and this community has all it takes to continue growing and thriving for another five years at least.
We've all heard of ninja horses and wild rider horses are much better than normal horses so they must be super ninjas......right?

The Golden Ninja :ninja:
Christars
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Christars »

Forgive me for not being a regular, but I'd still wish to cheer for you!

So, congratulations!

This forum is definitively a good one, with decent, polite and helpful members. I think all you "regulars" can be quite proud of Asrai.org!
My true motto is "Smile sane, don't be bored"
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

Happy Birthday! (A day behind)

Congrats to Baardah and Beithir

And I hope people enjoy the first glimpse of the campaign.
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Herald
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Herald »

Happy birthday yesterday, everyone!
Mist Walker wrote:And I hope people enjoy the first glimpse of the campaign.
Indeed, eagerly awaiting more (and admitting I haven't had the time to follow the preparations...) :)
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Congratulations to Baardah - a reward is thoroughly deserved after your efforts :)
Indeed, eagerly awaiting more (and admitting I haven't had the time to follow the preparations...) :)
In all truth, this is the first glimpse that anyone outside of the Campaign team has had since we began working on the campaign (almost four months ago...). Naturally, there is a lot going on behind the scenes - we only let you see what we want you to see ;) I imagine that more will be revealed in the coming months as we get closer to the planned release date.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Salamander
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood elves, Imperial Guard

Post by Salamander »

Congratulations to one and all!

Gods know you deserve it Beithir, as does both of the Norwegian people! (Herald and Baadah).

The campaign is indeed going along, even despite my best attempts to slow it down ;) You guys are in for a treat as we unveil more!
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

Hey hey, 5 years? That is along time, long time of great community! Super!

And congrats to both Beith and Herald, you both more that deserve the promotions you get. Nice one(s)! :D
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
RadiantLeaf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: ONG--Lizardmen--Wood Elves

Post by RadiantLeaf »

So glad this site is here,so Happy BD,ASRAI--proud to be a part of what's going on--many years to come.i pray. :nod: :cool:
Learning the way of the Woods.
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

And congrats to Herald, only just noticed the promotion :smirk:
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Mist Walker wrote:And congrats to Herald, only just noticed the promotion :smirk:
It took some extra time before I got a reply from him (I only sent him the PM a few hours before I made this topic). He has now accepted, and I added it into the original post.

And a Happy birthday! (A day late)

~ Naggie
Calindor
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Calindor »

I completly agree with the rest, a big congratulation and also I´m very happy you are here. It´s wonderful to read all this love for our army by nice poeple :)
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Congratulations Herald - I'm glad you accepted :)
Herald
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Herald »

Thanks for the vote of confidence, everyone. I'm breaking my own rule here, being member of a club that wants people like me for members... :p

And congrats to Beithir, who'll officially be doing the same as he has for a while anyway - running the show. WE're in good hands, Beith. ;)
Draig
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Orcs and Goblins, Wood Elves

Post by Draig »

Campaign! great work guys. I'll be keeping an eye out.

And grats to you all oon well deserved promotions.
Naestran
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Naestran »

Well done guys, you all deserve it, even though I haven't been here long both beithir and Herald have both helped me out :thumbsup:

Just as a side, did boris really die in the SOC?
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Naestran wrote:Just as a side, did boris really die in the SOC?
No. Everything written above is set after SoC, which means Boris has only died in our campaign...
Quercia dei Eternita
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elerrr...Vampire Counts!

Post by Quercia dei Eternita »

Hehe congrats to the forum and the promoted people!

I can remember The Raining Glade and The Waystone, a long time it has been!
http://www.vampirecounts.net - Home of the Vampire Counts
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Quercia dei Eternita wrote:Hehe congrats to the forum and the promoted people!

Loooong time, no see, Quercia! I thought you had forgotten all about the hobby and this community :) It's quite impressive to be member #12

~ Naggie
Quercia dei Eternita
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elerrr...Vampire Counts!

Post by Quercia dei Eternita »

Naggie wrote:
Quercia dei Eternita wrote:Hehe congrats to the forum and the promoted people!

Loooong time, no see, Quercia! I thought you had forgotten all about the hobby and this community :) It's quite impressive to be member #12

~ Naggie
Nope, I'm actually getting a bit back into the hobby. To be fair, not into Wood Elves. Just painting. Finished an Ironbreaker yesterday :D

I'm active on my former Carpe Noctem, as Master Vampire. I don't really have interest to become a huge poster once again, but mainly contribute in the paint areas. I'll look around the paint sections here now and see if I can find something nice :nod:
http://www.vampirecounts.net - Home of the Vampire Counts
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

Beithir just made me aware that i have bin rewarded for my contributions to the site. I must say I'm honoured and glad my contributions are appreciated.
No intent for treadomancy here, I just thought it appropriate to officially say Thank You.
And most of all thank you for this great site as it is a great enjoyment for me.
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...