Asrai.org Site Campaign - Campaign Team Members Wanted!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Asrai.org Site Campaign - Campaign Team Members Wanted!

Post by Beithir Seun »

After the extremely positive response to the idea of an Asrai.org site campaign, we're going to take our first tentative steps towards putting the plan into action. To do that, I need your help.

As anyone who has ever taken part in an online campaign will know, organising and running such campaigns takes a lot of hard work, not to mention a considerable investment of time and effort. If we are to have even the slightest chance of hosting a successful site campaign, we need a team of dedicated and hard-working individuals who are prepared to invest their time and effort into making it work.

What I am looking for is a team of 4 or 5 individuals who are prepared to immerse themselves into getting a site campaign up and running from scratch, and who are willing to dedicate themselves and devoting their time and effort to make things work.

The work is going to be hard, and there's going to be a lot to do. It will be a considerable time investment, and it is not going to be a quick and easy job - we're looking at between 9 and 12 months work here. This isn't the sort of job that can be volunteered for lightly - if you volunteer, you will need to be sure that you can remain dedicated and can put the work in over a long period of months.

Now, if you're still with me and still interested then here's what you need to know about what we're trying to do

Our aim is to build a successful online campaign - this involves two "phases". The first is all the pre-campaign work; creating the campaign background, writing faction background, constructing the campaign mechanics, building a campaign site and a whole host of other tasks. The second phase is the campaign itself; this will involve keeping track of reported games, writing regular fluff updates, creating maps and images to accompany the campaign story, keeping track of campaign members etc.

All of this is a lot of work, but the good news is that no prior knowledge or experience is necessary (although it's always useful). As this is all new territory for this site, we're going to be taking things slowly and keeping things simple, and learning as we go.

So, what to do if you're still interested in being part of the campaign team? Well, you should send me a PM with a little bit about why you're interested, perhaps whether you have any relevant knowledge or skills and how you think that knowledge/skill would be useful, and what sort of capacity you feel you could help out in.

Finally, this isn't something that is based on any concept of rank or elitism; it doesn't matter whether you're a veteran member with thousands of posts, or whether you're a new member who hasn't even introduced him/herself yet. You don't need to be "well known" or a member of dozens of other forums. If you are interested, think you can help and are prepared to put the work in then let me know!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me or ask in this thread :)
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Noble Korhedron
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Empire, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, "Codex" Marines, Orks

Re: Asrai.org Site Campaign - Campaign Team Members Wanted!

Post by Noble Korhedron »

Hi Nag!! Problem is I will only really be free during break periods from college, so I'm not sure I should volunteer unless you're able to be somewhat flexible about workload - I don't want to let you down OR put you under pressure..... Feel free to think about it and reply here or PM me.
Regards,
NK.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

When are your break periods from college? A lot of the preliminary work will be discussion, so if you can get online fairly regularly and have time to discuss then that's great. At this point, jobs don't need to be done immediately so as long as you can guarantee that any jobs you have will get done, you can fit the work into whatever time you have.
Noble Korhedron
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Beithir Seun wrote:When are your break periods from college? A lot of the preliminary work will be discussion, so if you can get online fairly regularly and have time to discuss then that's great. At this point, jobs don't need to be done immediately so as long as you can guarantee that any jobs you have will get done, you can fit the work into whatever time you have.
@Beithir Seun: I would need to know a little more about what I would be expected to do before I make any guarantees on time, and also I do not and have never played Asrai, I currently play Empire and Orcs & Goblins, with a W.I.P Dwarf army and a retired Druchii army also @ home. Will this matter much?
Regards,
NK.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

The fact that you don't play Asrai makes no difference whatsoever.

As for the work, well it's kind of hard to tell what you'll be needed to do until we decide how the campaign will work. As I said, we're still in preliminary stages so right now the work will be very much discussion based in order to decide what it is we want to do with the campaign. First, we need to establish a campaign concept (which involves setting the scene and the background for the campaign). Once that's done, we start working on the mechanics and fluff - it will be at this stage that specific jobs start being divvied out.

What sort of capacity would you want to be involved in? If you can tell me how you feel you can best help out, then I might be able to give you some more information about the types of job needed. :)
Noble Korhedron
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Beithir Seun wrote:The fact that you don't play Asrai makes no difference whatsoever.

As for the work, well it's kind of hard to tell what you'll be needed to do until we decide how the campaign will work. As I said, we're still in preliminary stages so right now the work will be very much discussion based in order to decide what it is we want to do with the campaign. First, we need to establish a campaign concept (which involves setting the scene and the background for the campaign). Once that's done, we start working on the mechanics and fluff - it will be at this stage that specific jobs start being divvied out.

What sort of capacity would you want to be involved in? If you can tell me how you feel you can best help out, then I might be able to give you some more information about the types of job needed. :)
Well Beithir, the problem is that I have T.B.H, NEVER been involved in a campaign before, let alone one of this magnitude. Tell you what, rather than blow Nag's plot wide open, why don't you PM on here and/or email me with a more detail explanation of how we will go about things if the campaign is to go ahead. My email is roberttedders(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thanks!!
Regards,
NK.
Draig
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Orcs and Goblins, Wood Elves

Post by Draig »

Me me me! Oh wait..... :ninja:

Good luck getting your team going Beithir. I'll be playing for sure.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

You'd better, and you can bring that greenskin rabble with you as well :D
t12161991
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Tyranids, Empire (eventually)

Post by t12161991 »

I am most definitely interested, and can make time to help with this.
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

I'll send a pm when I can batter into shape something to put in it
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Sjaunja
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sjaunja »

If you're still looking for members for a campaign team, I'd LOVE to get involved.

Not only do I have time, I have TONS of time, time dedicated to stuff like this. Especially for the faction background stuff- I live for it (and I can use it for my creative writing 'freewrite' credits that I still need :ninja: )

So send me a PM and I'll get back to you by tomorrow afternoon (PST here)
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

It's your job to send me the PM, not the other way around ;) If you're still interested send me a message saying why you'd like to be part of the campaign team, and how you can help.
Sjaunja
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sjaunja »

Shoot... sorry- I misread the original post. I'll throw something together.

Anyway, I'd love to get involved.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

OK, I think we now have all the people we need. If there is anybody else still interested, feel free to still drop me a PM and we can put you on the waiting list, as it were. We may need extra people as time goes by, so if you want to be "backup" then feel free to let me know :)
Scion of Fangor
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Scion of Fangor »

If you need any fluff just call.....
Join the Furnace, a community dedicated to creating a free living rulebook for Fantasy, Sci-Fi and historical tabletop wargaming. It will be downloadable e-book from. All comers welcome!

Our Forum: http://thefurnace.webs.com/
Our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Furnace-G ... 7413941829
Mon
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mon »

I don´t have much time to help , but i love the idea of make a campaign based on our favourite army . Maybe I can help doing the map in Photoshop... If I can help please, let me know.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Thanks for the offer Mon. I'll be sure to let you know if we need an extra pair of hands :)
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Asrai, lizardmen, Bretonnia vampire Counts, Tau, Imperial guard

Post by Narmo Eressea »

I also would like to help if needed to run the campaign, as I have participated in many and could use that experience to improve ours.
For the Shadow King!
fauthsie
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by fauthsie »

This is a perfect job for the FCC.... Let me know if you gitz need any assistance and I will be happy to help. Then Draig and I will come back and burn it all down... :P
Fauthsie Campaign Consulting INC..... I make you campaign go.