Asrai.org Site Campaign - Interested?

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Would you be interested in an Asrai.org Site Campaign?

Yes!
60%
Perhaps - it depends what I'm doing at the time
31%
Perhaps - if the story is good enough
3%
Maybe, maybe not
4%
No way...
2%

Total votes: 103

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Asrai.org Site Campaign - Interested?

Post by Beithir Seun »

Well, the topic title says it all. Several other sites have had very successful online campaigns in the past, so why not us as well :smirk:

Of course, we can only run a campaign if people are interested and that is what this topic is about. If there is sufficient interest, we may be able to come up with something.

So, vote in the poll and share your comments on the idea!

One thing I should point out is that this is not a guarantee or promise. The fact that this topic exists does not mean that a campaign will happen; it is simply to see whether there is any interest in the prospect of one.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Re: Asrai.org Site Campaign - Interested?

Post by Mist Walker »

I doubt I could play many games that count in the campaign as my gaming group aren't ones for using forums. I'd be willing to help out if needed though.
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Well, if we did run a campaign we're talking at least 9 months down the line.

To explain a bit further, for the benefit of Mist and anyone else reading, by "online campaign" I do not mean one where you play games online, nor where you play against other people in the campaign. You simply play your normal games of Warhammer, and report the results in the campaign. This is the same system that Da Warpath and Warhammer-Empire use for their campaigns, and it's also the same system as Games Workshop campaigns. Anyone who has ever played in any of these campaigns should be familiar with the setup - that is what we would be using.
shiodome
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by shiodome »

I've seen the Warpath one, i'd be up for it. No reason not to include WFO battles too if people wanted?
Mah paintin' Blog - General Warhammer painting and modelling stuffs.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Yes, WFO battles would be OK to report as well. Basically, any GW Fantasy game. Warhammer, Warmaster, Blood Bowl, Mordheim, Skirmish, WFO - they all count. We could also include the option for "fluff reports", where those people who can't play actual games can write battles instead. Da Warpath developed this option for Animosity 4 to great success, and I believe W-E are also incorporating it for their Treachery & Greed campaign in the summer as a result.
Azaireal
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Azaireal »

Definitely interested in "Fluff reports".
Burning of the Azure Grove
Why is everything I did in 7th Edition suddenly so popular in 8th edition...?
jm_ellis
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by jm_ellis »

Would there be modifications to army lists involved?
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Possibly. It's certainly an option.

As I said, this is nothing concrete - at the moment, it's just about finding out how much appeal the idea has.
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

Did I understand correctly that in order to play "campaign" battle, you need to fight another of the participating players, not just "anyone anywhere"?
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Salamander
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood elves, Imperial Guard

Post by Salamander »

I'm in for it :)

Heck I'll help out as much as I can :) I had a hoot playing Animosity4 last year :)

@Uni
In animosity atleast, it was any game anywhere, its alot harder finding people who participate than it is to find people at all :)
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

Salamander wrote:@Uni
In animosity atleast, it was any game anywhere, its alot harder finding people who participate than it is to find people at all :)
If so, count me in. I have at least 1 battle per week, so this will be cool.

If not, I am out. Noone here around will participate in such thing :( Mainly because they do no read non-czech sites
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

No Uni, you can play against absolutely anyone whether they're playing in the campaign or not. You play your normal games of <insert game name here> against your normal opponent, against any army/force/warband/models and simply make a note of the result. It doesn't matter who you play or what you play against - all you need is the result.
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

In that case, definitely in. I thought both sides might need to register the game, but if not then I'll be able to participate.
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Salamander
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood elves, Imperial Guard

Post by Salamander »

I would like to add that these kinds of campaigns are a great way of linking multiple sites together.

While I might only myself browse Asrai.org, I will in campaigns likely find and interact with forces from outside (the sort of Under Empire, Warpath and W-E) :)
Malrik
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Malrik »

i'm in. i'll post the results of my battles.
one thing, i usually play 2 vs 2 games. is it ok?
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

2v2 would probably be OK as well. After all, it is only the result we would need.

Remember though that this campaign, if it happens, will not be happening for at least 9 months. You might find yourself playing 1v1 games in 9 months time!
Nevermore
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Nevermore »

As things are now, I would like to play.
Draig
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Orcs and Goblins, Wood Elves

Post by Draig »

Rawrsome! Yes, says I.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Rawrsome indeed :D You Animosity guys should definitely get that copyrighted - just think of the royalties Draig! :p
Draig
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Orcs and Goblins, Wood Elves

Post by Draig »

Zoggin right, though collectin' from youze tree huggaz kould be a bit tuff. Ya might be skinny but youze buggaz kan shoot, I'll give yer dat. I fink I'll send me Snottoz on dat one!

Oh, and for anyone who thinks, 'Online campaign? That might be cool but I'm really not sure... or, how good could it be, really? Trust me when I say online campaigns are an absolute blast. I've played in more than I can count, run a few too, and can honestly say it's the most fun I have in the hobby. The battles become points of conversation and spawn a heap of great memories. People put up stories, artwork and pictures of their models and you get inspired to do it all yourself. All the while making friends across forums you'd never visit and collectively fighting for something that becomes so real you genuinely care about it. Hell, I still talk about the aftermath of Animosity 1 with Goomb, six years on. Best of luck to the Asrai team and I sincerely hope this goes ahead. We'll all be missing out if it doesn't.
t12161991
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Tyranids, Empire (eventually)

Post by t12161991 »

Um, hell yes

And I'm more than willing to help with planning and suchlike.
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Erilandir
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Erilandir »

Interest, sounds like it would be fun, though I do not now how well I would do. I do not have the best win-lose record. :paranoid:
They say we have no heart, no honor, no redemption... but we will show them the truth or die again trying.
DarthWeasel
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by DarthWeasel »

Currently playing my Woodies in our own little campaign where I encounter most armies...though I am about o be facing the Brets in a 7 - 10 battle series. Would be glad to add those to yours if one develops
Jormi_Boced
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves and Lizardmen

Post by Jormi_Boced »

This sounds fun. I would try and help out.
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: 40K: Eldar, Space Wolves, Necrons Warhammer: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven

Post by Draketh Firewind »

This is definately interesting from what I am hearing here, definately interesting as it means I can be bored writing stories or playing warhammer! It's perfect! :lol:
Mamimi Samejima from FLCL wrote:He who conquers the left side conquers the world chief
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL wrote:It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.
Supporter of the Rammie Spirit