Happy New Year, Asrai.org!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Happy New Year, Asrai.org!

Post by Naggie »

Hello again, my fellow Asrai!

First I wish to apologise for the lack of a yearly christmas message from me and the Council of Elders, but I was away from keyboard for the holidays, and I have stopped celebrating the christian holiday anyway. So instead, I am writing this right now. I know I am a bit early. There's still a few minutes left of 2009, but I just finished this year's christmas present (further on named New Year's Present ;)).

When looking back at 2009 for this community, I see a lot of great deeds and a lot of fun happenings. ArchMagosAlchemys has become a worthy admin of the boards after intense training by yours truly. The P&M challenges have gotten off the ground and even more articles have been submitted to the LEAF. But there's also been less great things. I will always remember the big crash we had now in December. However, nothing bad which doesn't bring anything good with it! It gave me a chance to freshen up the whole file system and coding of the site, and I am now more in control of what I'm doing.

What is your best memory of 2009?

Member of the Year Award 2009
There is, as always, a Member of the Year Award to be handed out to the one member whom the community thinks has done the most for the site and its members over the past year. There was a week of nominations in which we got 17 very good candidates. We then had almost two weeks of voting, and the winner was:
  • BEITHIR SEUN
A very big congrats from the community to you!
You will probably get a new title shortly ;)

New Year's Present
As stated before, I have just finished coding this year's present. It may be boring and not really a present, but it is done and I had no other better ideas. Since the big crash in December, we have been without a chatroom and the precious LEAF. However, after many hours of coding, the LEAF is finally back!

There are still some small things to add, due to me losing a few articles in the crash. And I'm waiting for a few lines of text to add here and there. But the new and fully functional LEAF can be found at:
http://www.asrai.org/leaf

Now it is time for me to get off the computer for a while and look at the fireworks which has just begun outside. Enjoy your evening, and let 2010 be an even better year for all of you!

Nagathi
Asrai.org Owner & Admin
quasihayley
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: Happy New Year, Asrai.org!

Post by quasihayley »

Happy new year! Thank you, to you and to others who helped, for getting the LEAF back online, I can now spend my evening reading it ;-)
Skarlock
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves, Grey Knights

Post by Skarlock »

Happy 2010 to you all!!!!!
I still have 8 and a half hours to go!!!
"Athel Loren shall not suffer the presence of Men, nor Orcs, nor Dwarfs, nor Beastmen. If a foe takes a single step upon such sacred soil, they shall not take another." Skarloc, Mist Walker of Athel Loren

My WE thread http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13389
The Virgin Forest
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WoC, WE and VC and working on 40K DH

Post by The Virgin Forest »

Happy new year and a happy hangover to you all.

Congrats to Beithir. A worthy winner :)

And thanks to all those, who lost their mind and gave me their vote. I can assure you, that I found someone much more deserving ;)
– it is said that the apples of Athel Loren gain their deep red hue from the blood of its enemies soaking the ground.
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

A very nice layout for the LEAF, knowing which LEAF articles you've looked at will be a nice thing to know.
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Happy New Year everyone!!

I think the MotY Award is thoroughly undeserved, as there were several people I considered more worthy of the prize. It's great to see so many people nominated and I think that just goes to show how the community has grown over the last year and how many of our members have gone out of their way to make this site one of the best forums online. A heartfelt thanks to all those people who were nominated - you all help to make this site what it is :)

And on a final note, I must say a huge thank you to Naggie. A lot of you won't be able to truly appreciate the sheer amount of work that Nag has put in even in just the last couple of weeks, let alone the whole year. Without Nag's determination and amazing effort, this site would not exist and that is worth so much more than any award we can give out. Thank you Nag :)
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
The Golden Arrow
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves and Empire

Post by The Golden Arrow »

Happy New Year :)

If 2010 will be just as good a year as this one has been we have a lot to look forward to!

And thanks to Naggie and all othes who have made this such an awesome site.
We've all heard of ninja horses and wild rider horses are much better than normal horses so they must be super ninjas......right?

The Golden Ninja :ninja:
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

So, all the best to the new year of 2010!

Now, to be more specific:

Thanksgiving
  • * Thank you, Naggie, for all the care you are taking with this awesome site. Your the best!
    * Thank you, Beith, for all the work you are taking with this awesome community. Your the 2nd best (and that only because Naggie is the Almighty), and your win in the member of the year is more that deserved!
    * Thank you, Naggie (again), for your new year present - for the Leaf!
    * Thank you, AMA, for everything your done for this site. My personal guess was the Member of the year will be the battle between you and Beith and no matter the actual result - for me, you are the winner together with Beithir Seun!
    * Thank you, all the members of this site, for one of the best and coolest online communities I have ever meet. This site is truly awesome and I still can not grasp the incredible manners the discussions here are talked with and the incredible friendly (and constructive and nearly complaining-free) atmosphere of this site!
Wishgiving
  • * To you, all the Asrai members, to have the great year with many personal, work (school) and game achievements in the year of 2010!
    * To you, all the Asrai players, to have tons of great and funny games with your beloved armie(s), with the great sportsmanship opponents and with many joyful moments in the year of 2010!
    * To you, all the Warhammer players, to get the best possible 8th edition BRB in the year of 2010!
    * To all of you, to have the great year of 2010!
See you all in the discussions here at Asrai.org!
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

Mist Walker wrote:A very nice layout for the LEAF, knowing which LEAF articles you've looked at will be a nice thing to know.
Sadly, as this is a read-only archive, I don't think that is possible. As you view them as guests, you all use the same "account". However, I am pondering the possibility of adding an rss feed for the LEAF articles instead, or show new articles in a different way. I have plenty of options now, but not enough time to do it at the moment.

~ Naggie
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

Sorry for the belated congratulations. A slight relapse took me OOA.

Thanks for everything you have done and do Nagathi. We would be nothing without you.

Thanks for being you Beithir Seun. I cannot count the ways in which you make this site the best of its type.

Thanks to everyone else for the Tethlis Effect.
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets