Registration Errors - IMPORTANT!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Registration Errors - IMPORTANT!

Post by Naggie »

It seems as one of our modifications for keeping spam bots out has started to malfunction as of late (probably since the latest software update). This means I need to uninstall the old software and reinstall some new bot protection. I am currently at school sitting in a seminar and unable to work on it, and tonight I am working. Hopefully I can get some work done after midnight.

Until then, registration of new members is disabled.

~ Naggie
Naggie
King of the Woods

Re: Registration Errors - IMPORTANT!

Post by Naggie »

The issue is now fixed, but some other things have surfaced. I will have to deal with them after consulting the Council of Elders of this site. For now, the user registration is up and running again.

~ Naggie
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

It seems as the error lies far deeper than I had thought before. I don't really know how to solve it, to be honest. I'm working on a solution, but it may take some time.

~ Naggie
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

After a long night with very little sleep, I think I have fixed the issue. We're at least gotten 6 new members, and I don't think any of them are bots. Since the old bot protection system now has been (manually) removed from the system, I have slightly less confidence in the anti-bot protection during registration. There are new protection in place, but I have yet to see if it really works. So I urge all of you to hit the report button as soon as you find something that looks like a bot post and the moderators and administrators will deal with it as soon as possible.

~ Naggie