Artisan's Contests

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Artisan's Contests

Post by Beithir Seun »

The Artisan's Contests are a relatively new addition to the Weald of Evolution. In a similar vein to the Monthly Modelling Competitions, the Artisan's Contests allow members to come up with rules for "something new", with a different theme for each contest. The contests are every two months and a new contest has just started.

The current contest is to invent a new Wood Elf Special Character and you can find the entry thread here. The rules and guidelines for all the contests can be found in the Rules and Guidelines thread.

So if you have a talent for coming up with new rules, or love creating new ideas then why not give the Artisan's Contest a shot!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Re: Artisan's Contests

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

If you are going to run this regularly, then I suggest that you also keepp a thread for a compilation of the best ideas.
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

What do you mean by "the best ideas"? If you mean the winners then I've already done it.
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

I think that it would be better for an ideas/winners topic with no comments in it at all for easier reading. My fault for polluting yours, feel free to delete my comment or cut if off and move it elsewhere.

As organizer, I think that you shoul consider 'honourable mention' entries, such as SirSlamb's and add them to the list. You get to decide what qualifies. This would then become a well structured topic of ideas for future armybooks, and/or other Weald projects.
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

The entries are already readily available to view for all. I don't think an "honourable mention" thread is necessary. If the Artisan Contests become popular enough, you can add a new sub-forum with your admin abilities to make them even easier to find if you think it's worth it but for now I will stick to having a winners thread, unpoluted by comments as you recommend.
shiodome
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by shiodome »

he's just trying to get other entrants mentioned, to draw attention away from his dirty vote rigging and blatant witchcraft :ninja:
Mah paintin' Blog - General Warhammer painting and modelling stuffs.
Maeglin
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves , Dogs of War/Empire, Space Wolves, Raven Guard, Crimson Fists, Word Bearers/Night Lords

Post by Maeglin »

Isn't accusing the Witch-Hunter General of witchcraft a bit dangerous?

I look forward to putting in an entry for the new contest, i left it too late for the first one :o
Follower of the Trickster God.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

The Feedback Discussion for the second Artisan's Contest has now started. It can be found here. Head over and share your opinions of the entries!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Another Artisan's Contest has been and gone; we've now on our third contest! The theme is a little bit different this time so head over to have a look in the Weald of Evolution and get your entries in.