Happy Holidays

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Happy Holidays

Post by Naggie »

Happy Holidays, One and All!

So it is that time of the year again. The time when snow is supposed to cover the roof tops, kids playing outside building snowmen, candles lit in every window. I look out my window here and see nothing of that. I see no snow and no children. And only a few windows have candles in them. I look back at my desk and see the pile of books I need to study before my exam in a month's time. I look around the house where there's usually a lot of people and a good mood. I see only one person besides myself. I listen in on the pope's christmas speech - and my christmas spirit is completely shot down.

Greetings, my fellow Asrai! I hope you all enjoy whatever festivities you are or will or have been attending. And a big hug from me to those who, like me, doesn't celebrate christmas at all - for different reasons. Yes, we now live in a world of diversity, and I feel it is important to salute that diversity and take note that not everyone is the same and not everyone celebrates the same thing. I therefore apologise for changing the skin of the site only during christmas and not during other religious festivities. I am not religious myself (at all), and as such it really is a shame that I do so. I can claim tradition, but it's still not good enough. I will most probably do it again next year, but I still feel like an apology is in order. I'm sorry.

As the oldies of the site may remember, I usually hand out "presents" to the community at christmas. New features, new skin, awards or whatever. Those same oldies of the site may also remember that those "presents" should already be out. They're not. As you also may know, I have kinda resigned from the site due to real life events such as going to university and not participating in the hobby anymore. Those things also prevented me, or rather slowed me down from starting to work on these presents. I am now working on them, as much as I can. And you will receive them a week late this year. On New Year's Eve will my three presents to the community be revealed for all to see. I apologise for the wait, but I'm sure you can withstand one week longer. I can inform you that it's going to be worth the wait.

And now that I'm through with the apologising, maybe some of you can liven up my spirits a bit? I want to feel the christmas as I did when I was a child. I want to hear christmas songs - for the Asrai! I want to see bad rhymes for prezzies. I want to have fun like I used to! I want to experience one last, very merry christmas.

From the staff here at Asrai.org to everyone all around our little planet we call home; have a wonderful christmas! And I'll see you all in one week.

Nagathi
Admin & Founder