Reporting for duty, Sir!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Reporting for duty, Sir!

Post by Naggie »

We have now finally gotten a new feature installed and running on this site. It is the famous Report Post function. Next to each post on this site, there will be a little square button looking a lot like this: http://lightalliance.co.uk/Asrai/templa ... 642680.bmp

When you think a post is out of bounds or against the forum rules, you can now hit this button, enter a line or two about the reasons, and send it. As you send it, all moderators, Elders of the Council and Admins with powers to edit that post will get e-mail notifications to their addresses, and a pop-up when they enter the site with info about that particular post. This way, you can easilly report a post to the already hard-working moderators of Asrai.org.

Abuse of this function will be penalised, but don't hesitate to use it. It only shows that you are eagre to help creating a great atmosphere and a friendly community. Use it well, and help us as good as you can.

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Thrask
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Skaven, Druchii and 40k Chaos.

Post by Thrask »

Ooh, so do we bonus points for snitching?
philleehellphia
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by philleehellphia »

branchwraith wrote:Ooh, so do we bonus points for snitching?
Witty.

Well, it's always good to have a Report button in the forum. But is it ever used?
KidA
Undercover Druchii

Post by KidA »

philleehellphia wrote: But is it ever used?
Yes it is, especially if you see double posts and topics which slearly should be in some other sub-forum...
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

It is used more thn you think. I won't give any exact figures (that would be bad publicity :p) but it is working and hopefully this will both get more "bad" posts handeled in time, and get members to be more careful about their posting (with 650 people who can directly or indirectly do something about the post).

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Noble Korhedron
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Empire, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, "Codex" Marines, Orks

Post by Noble Korhedron »

Yes, it can. But then what hasn't been overused in it's time?

BTW Branchie, is Randall Weims your fave cartoon character or something? 'Cause that 'snitch' post makes me LOL, but it's a funny coincidence too.
Regards,
NK.
Thrask
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Skaven, Druchii and 40k Chaos.

Post by Thrask »

BTW Branchie, is Randall Weims your fave cartoon character or something? 'Cause that 'snitch' post makes me LOL, but it's a funny coincidence too.
Yay I got a nickname "Branchie" and you could even add "the snitch" to it.
Anyways I've never heard of him or atleast that I remember of.

- Branchie the snitch
SilverWarlockzz
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by SilverWarlockzz »

I got it used on me on druchii.net because of my undying love for a certain MC Warhammer
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Don't forget to report posts you want to flag for the mods. You can stay anonymous to all but the mods (and we won't tell anyone). The mods should be able to have a check at every topic posted in their forum(s), but sometimes we need the inspecting eyes of the comunity to help us keep it cleans and keep the atmosphere good. It's better to report once too many times than once too few...

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

But what if we're in the mood for trollslaying? Image Image

Oh, and can you install a Fast Reply button next?
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

There will be no Fast Reply buttons. I've said it before, but I can say it again: Fast Reply buttons lead to quick and thoughless replies, while having no fast reply button makes people think an extra sec before posting, and thus putting more effort in their posts. Just the way we like it. Less spam.

The only exception would be in the forums where post count does not matter. There I can be more flexible.

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

It's semi-difficult to limit Fast Reply to a single forum, but if you code it right, then it's probably possible.
"I suspect the admiration is quietly mutual. I've observed the images that adorn the shields of your mightiest warriors and grace your standards. I think that when my kind are gone, you will miss us." ~Tinairath the Wind, Dragon
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

I think I saw a phpBB mod of fast reply in which you specified which forums you wanted it to appear in. We'll have a discussion about that in the staff forum :)

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Prince of Arnheim
Willow Warrior of Wascana
Armies I play: Dark Elves and Skaven

Post by Prince of Arnheim »

*finger twitches nervously near the exclamation mark*

Oh how I love authority. This is easily the best kept Warhammer Forum on the net. I am glad to hear security has been tightened against potential forum terrorists!!!
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

PoA, practically every forum has a Report Post feature. All the ones I have an account on include it, and a fair few that I just read use it as well.